Florida resident seasonal pass question?

I would like to know how early I can renew a seasonal pass. I purchased one a few weeks agao and will be back in June and wanted to know if that is to early to renew. I am going to do the give a day volunteer and wanted my day to go to renewing my pass. Do I have to wait till the expiration date gets closer or do you think I can renew then?

I think you may have to wait for the expiration date to get closer. Also, you want to make sure that they will apply the value of the ticket from your day of service to your renewal.

I don’t think you can apply the “Give a Day, Get a Day” ticket to your seasonal pass renewal. These are the options for passholders, according to the promotion FAQ on Disney’s website:
If I have a valid multi-day ticket or an Annual Pass or Passport, is there anything else that I can receive?

Guests who present a valid multi-day ticket or Annual Pass or Passport may choose from one of the following three options instead of receiving the free 1-day, 1-park ticket:

* Disney's FASTPASS® Special Exchange Cards for certain attractions for you and up to 5 additional members of your party. †
* A Special Ear Hat figurine with unique trading pins‡
* Donate your free ticket to one of the select non-profit organizations designated by Disney Parks:

o Boys & Girls Clubs of Southern California
      o Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Florida
      o Dreams Take Flight Canada

Anyone know about the FP option on this? As in is it for all FP rides in all 4 parks, all FP rides in 1 park, or only certain FP rides and which ones? Does it apply to only 1 day of your visit and if so do you have the option to pick which day/park? Is it only a one-time use like the ones you get when a ride breaks down or is it a multi-use tic to use all day as often as you’d like?

Right now we’re planning to get a 4 day/1park per day tic and adding waterpark and more to use for our 5th day. Trying to decide if we want to go that way and do the FP or scrap the waterpark addon and take the free tic for a 5th day. Trying to plan this for a group of 15 in July and I already have a headache:wacko:

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1015010]Anyone know about the FP option on this? As in is it for all FP rides in all 4 parks, all FP rides in 1 park, or only certain FP rides and which ones? Does it apply to only 1 day of your visit and if so do you have the option to pick which day/park? Is it only a one-time use like the ones you get when a ride breaks down or is it a multi-use tic to use all day as often as you’d like?

Right now we’re planning to get a 4 day/1park per day tic and adding waterpark and more to use for our 5th day. Trying to decide if we want to go that way and do the FP or scrap the waterpark addon and take the free tic for a 5th day. Trying to plan this for a group of 15 in July and I already have a headache:wacko:[/QUOTE]

The thought of planning for 15 makes my head hurt, too.
I’m not sure about how the FP perks work, but it sounds like they give you passes just for certain attractions. This year’s alternative perks for people who already have tickets don’t seem nearly as good as the $75-ish merchandise credit that they gave last year with the free admission on your birthday promo. :closedeye

We have FL resident seasonal passes also, and I was thinking about doing “give a day, get a day” sometime during the blackout season. Another thought that might work for you would be to upgrade to an annual pass if you’re going in July…not sure if you have to do that within 6 months of the purchase of the seasonal passes though.

Thanks TinkerMel. Yeah, doesn’t seem as good as last year but at least it’s something. I mean, they could do nothing at all.:slight_smile:

The group i’m planning for is a scout group so AP’s would not work for us for several reasons 1) my daughters and I are probably the only one’s that would return in time to benefit from it, 2) Five adults are already purchasing a 4 day pass for $99 with the option of the water park & more for an extra $25, and 3) the 10 kids are getting their 4 or 5 day passes under the youth program for around $130, which both are waaaaayyy under the price of AP’s.

Maybe someone who’s already been and used that perk will surface soon and shed some light. Thanks.

If a resident AP is like a DVC AP, you can renew a couple of months before it expires. Right now, you get 15 months on the new card, so it’s a HUGE savings for a very long time!