Flying Fish Restaurant Opened for Breakfast?

I’ll be going to WDW on November 26th, my DH and I had reservations for Cat Cora’s restaurant for breakfast on Dec. 1. When I was checking my dining reservations I noticed that my reservation on Dec. 1 for breakfast was now changed to the Flying Fish Cafe. Has this happened to anyone else? Also does anyone know what kind of menu the Flying Fish has for breakfast? I checked on allears but there is no menu listed for breakfast.

did not know they had breakfast - would love to do flying fish breakfast - its a cheaper way to experience it

Flying fish is only open for dinner. It says that right on the Dining Plan.

There must be a hiccup in the reservation system

I thought the same thing, but since Cat Cora’s restaurant will be closed for refurbishment they are opening Flying Fish. So they moved my reservation from Cat Cora to Flying Fish. But the women I spoke with this morning was just as surprised as I was that this happened. She didn’t seem to know anything about the menu they will be serving.

how long is refurb I wonder

Disney said that Cat Cora’s restaurant will be closed from Dec. 1st through the 15th.
I’m still trying to find out if they will be srving the same menu at Flying Fish as they do at Cat Cora or if they will have a different menu.

Why do they need to refurbish a restaurant that has only been open for about a year?
What didn’t they do right the first time?
Maybe this has something to do with some of the less than stellar reviews and comments I’ve gotten about Kouzzina.

It is surprising that breakfast is shifted to Flying Fish.
What are they doing about dinners?
If they try to move all Kouzzina guests to Flying Fish, that is going to present a huge problem, plus, guests who booked Kouzzina probably don’t want Flying Fish prices or menu.

>>It is surprising that breakfast is shifted to Flying Fish.
What are they doing about dinners?<,

Restaurants multi-task from a “physical” standpoint.
Beaches & Cream used to have breakfast too.
Yachtsman has had all kinds of meal time venues there.
Wouldn’t surprise me to see them use the physical space that is Flying Fish while Kouzzina is closed, but I would be REALLLLLY surprised if they tampered w the dinner menu. Ate there 2x last week and it was REALLLLLY good as far as we were concerned.
Frank

When I called in to find out why my reservation was changed, the CM’s seemed just as confused as I was, and they don’t seem to have a lot of information concerning what is going on there.

But I do think it would have been better if they had e-mailed as to why my reservation was moved, instead of me putting up my reservations and trying to find out what happened.

I wonder how come they are already refurbishing that restaurant. It only opened within the last 2 years, did it not?

Would you think that they are serving the Kouzina menu over at the Fish?

Frank, we ate at Flying Fish on Oct 24 and it was every bit as good as it’s ever been.
Any restaurant space is capable of serving any meal so long as there’s enough storage space for all the ingredients needed for that meal and the specialized gear needed is in place. But to try and operate as two different restaurants could cause temporary schizophrenia.

[QUOTE=Dopey;1056352]I wonder how come they are already refurbishing that restaurant. It only opened within the last 2 years, did it not?

Would you think that they are serving the Kouzina menu over at the Fish?[/QUOTE]

I already asked the same question. Kouzzina opened last fall, so it’s only open a little more than a year. If they need to close for a refurb now, it only cries out that something is very wrong in there that must be fixed immediately or that they never properly planned the restaurant correctly in the first place.

I certainly hope that they don’t try to serve the Kouzzina dinner menu in Flying Fish. The people eating dinner there specifically reserved FF for dinner and to offer the Kouzzina menu is a recipe for disaster (:pinch:). If they were to attempt to offer both menus, the whole thing would collapse like a house of cards in a tropical storm. The schizophrenia I spoke of in my post to Frank would be most acute! Plus there would be no way that they could even plan to have enough supplies to cover both at once.
No, if they tried to switch menus, there would be a riot.:eek:

PS: Just imagine the chaos that would be caused by trying to serve single credit meals in a double credit venue!

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1056374]I already asked the same question. Kouzzina opened last fall, so it’s only open a little more than a year. If they need to close for a refurb now, it only cries out that something is very wrong in there that must be fixed immediately or that they never properly planned the restaurant correctly in the first place.

I certainly hope that they don’t try to serve the Kouzzina dinner menu in Flying Fish. The people eating dinner there specifically reserved FF for dinner and to offer the Kouzzina menu is a recipe for disaster (:pinch:). If they were to attempt to offer both menus, the whole thing would collapse like a house of cards in a tropical storm. The schizophrenia I spoke of in my post to Frank would be most acute! Plus there would be no way that they could even plan to have enough supplies to cover both at once.
No, if they tried to switch menus, there would be a riot.:eek:

PS: Just imagine the chaos that would be caused by trying to serve single credit meals in a double credit venue![/QUOTE]

I can not imagine that they would consider that for the evening service. But I believe, since there’s no other sit down breakfast place there, they might be using the Fish for breakfast. Although, it is unusual, isn’t it?
And I think you have a point with there being a problem, maybe. Oh, we need to go and find out. Maybe one of the bloggers over at allearsnet might know something.

Getting ready to riot, if this crazy thing you are worried about happens, because I want to eat my signature dinner there and not smash Greek plates on the floor, opa!

>>. Kouzzina opened last fall, so it’s only open a little more than a year. <<

I’ve not eaten there, but I have to wonder if they are seeing that it isn’t working.
I pride myself on being willing to try various foods, but the place has never appealed to me.
Personally, I’d love to see a Bobby Flay’s Mesa Grill open somewhere in Disney.
Never went to Palio’s, but can’t stay out of Il Mulino’s.
BTW, went to the Gaylord last week and ate at Old Hickory. It was very, very good.
The place is gorgeous. I want to try their sushi restaurant and the boat that hangs out in the water.
Have you ever eaten at any of their restaurants.
And I agree FF was as good as it’s ever been. We always try to eat at the Chef’s Table. Fun time.
Frank

This is from Allears:

Kouzzina by Cat Cora on the BoardWalk will be closed for refurbishment November 29 - December 14, reopening December 15. Enhancements are planned for many areas of the restaurant, including the lobby and the dining area. The pizza window will remain open during the refurbishment. While Kouzzina is closed, Flying Fish will serve a la carte breakfast 7:30 - 11 a.m., as well as its regular dinner offerings. Those with reservations during the refurbishment at Kouzzina have already been notified.

Explains why we couldn’t get breakfast rezzies for the time we’re going to be there!

[QUOTE=smee57;1056381]This is from Allears:

Kouzzina by Cat Cora on the BoardWalk will be closed for refurbishment November 29 - December 14, reopening December 15. Enhancements are planned for many areas of the restaurant, including the lobby and the dining area. The pizza window will remain open during the refurbishment. While Kouzzina is closed, Flying Fish will serve a la carte breakfast 7:30 - 11 a.m., as well as its regular dinner offerings. Those with reservations during the refurbishment at Kouzzina have already been notified.

Explains why we couldn’t get breakfast rezzies for the time we’re going to be there![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I looked on allears this morning and couldn’t find any information. I guess I wasn’t looking in the right spot.

You’re welcome! I was curious about the week we’ll be there so I’m glad I found it.

[QUOTE=fjs08;1056379]>>. Kouzzina opened last fall, so it’s only open a little more than a year. <<

I’ve not eaten there, but I have to wonder if they are seeing that it isn’t working.
I pride myself on being willing to try various foods, but the place has never appealed to me.
Personally, I’d love to see a Bobby Flay’s Mesa Grill open somewhere in Disney.
Never went to Palio’s, but can’t stay out of Il Mulino’s.
BTW, went to the Gaylord last week and ate at Old Hickory. It was very, very good.
The place is gorgeous. I want to try their sushi restaurant and the boat that hangs out in the water.
Have you ever eaten at any of their restaurants.
And I agree FF was as good as it’s ever been. We always try to eat at the Chef’s Table. Fun time.
Frank[/QUOTE]

I think I feel pretty much as you do.
Kouzzina hasn’t appealed to me (The Wave hasn’t either, but we’re not talking an iron chef are we) and I’ve been hoping to see a menu with more that I like. Our waiter at FF two weeks ago hinted that people aren’t thrilled with Cat Cora’s venue and I would not be surprised if there is some sort of kitchen overhaul that has to happen in advance of a shift in direction.
Honestly, they would have done better to bring back the tapas menu at Spoodles than to go (semi)Greek.
I always ask for the Chef’s Table at FF as well, though I’ve only gotten it twice.
I’d kill for a Bobby Flay signature restaurant. Otherwise, I’ve got to fly up to NYC or over to the Bahamas. I’d also love to see one in WDW from Chef Morimoto.
Haven’t even set foot in the Gaylord’s parking lot (so far). I guess I’m too childish because I get the giggles every time I say the words “Gaylord Palms” together:whistling

No, I never tried Palio and haven’t yet tried il Mulino, but I would like to return to bluezoo and Shula’s some time in the near future, especially as they’re now part of TIW.

>>I always ask for the Chef’s Table at FF as well, though I’ve only gotten it twice.<<

We eat pretty early, so it’s never really been an issue.

>>I’d kill for a Bobby Flay signature restaurant.<<

I’ve eaten at the Mesa Grill in Vegas. We had a bunch of the appetizers so we could try a bunch of things. Very good!!!

>>I’d also love to see one in WDW from Chef Morimoto.<<

Wow. That would be exceptional.

>>Haven’t even set foot in the Gaylord’s parking lot (so far). I guess I’m too childish because I get the giggles every time I say the words “Gaylord Palms” together<<

ROFL… Never thought about it. Cool place in side. We enjoyed Old Hickory.

>>No, I never tried Palio and haven’t yet tried il Mulino,<<

Had a veal chop last week @ Il Mulino. Excellent.

>> but I would like to return to bluezoo and Shula’s some time in the near future, especially as they’re now part of TIW.<<

Definitely. My wife really is happy as a clam @ Shula’s. Said she doesn’t need any other steak restaurant. I keep wanting to try Morton’s and Roy’s which I believe are around Sand Lake, but we haven 't left the Disney/Gaylord/Celebration “triangle.”<g>

Frank

>>I’d kill for a Bobby Flay signature restaurant.<<

Me, too!!! :happy: