Flying Home Question

We are visiting WDW in April… Yeah!!! We are flying in on Southwest Airlines which has an open seating plan. Our travel agent told us to check in online 24 hours in advance to secure boarding A. My question is, our flight home is at 6a.m., how can we check in from the resort? Can we ask them in advance to check us in? Or do we have to rise before 6 a.m. and head to the lobby at that time to ask for help?

Oh now that is a good question. I have never had that early a flight, so I don’t know. I have never had a problem checking in at the front desk concierge, but I have always done it in person.

I figured they would be able to help us. We got such a cheap nonstop flight we couldn’t pass it up. Plus it was definitely the selling point to DH. Had it not been for cheap flights I dont think we would be going to see Mickey this year LOL.

This past trip my son and I were at Epcot when our 24 hour window opened for us to check-in for our return flight. Being that he has an iPhone we were able to do it that way which eliminated the hassle of returning to the resort. Do any of you have a phone along those lines?

My DH and I both have Blackberrys, our 24 hour window will be before 6 a.m. so we will be at our resort. I would find it hard to believe that we would even be awake yet… though I may be wrong.

If you would like the resort to help you check in you’ll have to go down and ask them to do it for you. They are always happy to help, especially when they aren’t super busy.

Just go to the front desk / concierge of the resort you are staying at. You will need your confirmation number, but they will be happy to print out boarding passes for you. We have never left that early on return trips, but have done the boarding passes at the 21 - 22 hour mark, and still gotten low B passes, still not bad. Are you flying in and out of PVD? If that is the case, that early flight is typically not booked, so it is even easier.

If you want to get an A Pass, you are going to have to set your alarm. If a B Pass doesn’t bother you, then whenever you are up and out, go to the lobby. We totally forgot about our return flight, so we were definitely late in getting our passes, and we still got B passes.

You know, I forgot about the A B C thing. Don’t sweat it. Just get up at a decent hour, and check in then. I am sure even with a B seating, you will still find seats together, especially on a flight that early.

We asked a nice girl at the desk on the night shift to do it for us when we had a really early flight the next morning. We were on our way to bed that night and stopped by. She seemed happy to help. I guess it was something to help her stay awake! LOL

Do you have anyone at home that is up that early?

My sister and I always check each other in the day before our departing flights. When you get to the airport they will print your boarding pass again when you check in if you tell them you don’t have it. (Once, I told them we had lost it, the second time I just told them I didn’t have it…they didn’t care)

Good luck and have a great trip!!! Hopefully, April will be here soon!

Thanks for all the help guys. This is why I love this site. I am literaly bouncing about our trip. 77 days left. My DD13 had it counted down on the fridge. My DH knows how much it means to me to go back to WDW. I am so excited that he is getting excited too.

Are you flying in and out of PVD? If that is the case, that early flight is typically not booked, so it is even easier.

Yes we are flying out of PVD. It is our first time. Last few times we have flown we were out of Logan (the **** airport). We were so excited to get nonstop out of Warwick

[QUOTE=BelleoftheBall;929346]Are you flying in and out of PVD? If that is the case, that early flight is typically not booked, so it is even easier.

Yes we are flying out of PVD. It is our first time. Last few times we have flown we were out of Logan (the **** airport). We were so excited to get nonstop out of Warwick[/QUOTE]

I guess I am spoiled. I live right near the PVD airport and we have always had direct flights to Orlando with SW.

If you can’t make it to the lobby to check in, you can do the check in on your cell phone then just print out your boarding pass when you get to the airport.

Even if you check in at say 8-9AM you’ll have better place in line.

here is the mobile link: mobile.southwest.com

Thanks so much. I feel much better about flying home.

A small tip about flying out of PVD for you, as it is your first time there. Park in the LOT C garage (Red Beam Garage). It is only about 65 dollars for the week instead of 18 dollars a day in the LOT A or B garage. A huge savings!!

Thanks for the tip… we were already looking into parking rates, as our flight it so early we didnt’ want to rely on family members.

I have a question I just booked our flights on SW and all 4 of us have the same confirmation number. When I check in on-line do I have to do 4 different check-ins for us or just one?

The resort check in is operating every day from 5 am to 1pm
So, you can easily check in 24 hours or a little later for your flight
I didn’t get to check in until 5 hours before our flight and it was no problem. They are very helpful at the resorts