Folding@Home

Have not ben here in awhile and not sure if this is even the right place to ask about this . . . but . . . have you ever thought about starting a FAH team here at MB? Folding@home - Main I think its a really great cause and just happen to fold on a team im not involved in and just came back from a 3 day DL trip and got the idea to look for a Disney_FAH team but thought i’d check first to see if its already being done and found nothing. Wondering if there is any intrest in this here?

I’m not sure I trust the idea.

I’ve been Folding@Home for the last few months. I’m insanely protective of my home network and did a great deal of research before taking the plunge. IMO it’s legit and safe, but definitely read and decide for yourself.

My life has been touched by ALS and Alzheimers over the years; donating some of my CPU and GPU usage to help the cause is a no-brainer for me.

Bruce

Its very safe. Ive been folding for 6 months. Its a great chance to do something for others and someday it may be you or one you love you’ve helped. I guess i’ll wait and see if there is any interest here for this. You can keep track of what you and everyone else do with different programs like this one ----> Folding @ Home Teams Overall Rank - EXTREME Overclocking Folding @ Home Stats User Summary - EXTREME Overclocking Folding @ Home Stats . . . These are just the teams, click on one and you can get the team list an idividual stats for the teams users, really quite fun.

Well not alot of response to this here but there are four of us that wanted to start a Disney team so i’m gonna go ahead and start one up, if anyone is interested send me a pm and i’ll give you info.

There are 169,956 teams Running the Stanford FAH We should be in the top 1000 in about 2 month’s , here’s the link to the EOC stats which just tracks the top 6000 teams:
Disney_Fans_FAH - Team Summary - EXTREME Overclocking Folding @ Home Stats
Here is Stafords stat page :
Folding@Home

Here is the Team # 174765

Ive always looked up to Walt for being such a tremendous thinker and hard worker, he reminds me alot of my dad who died in 1997 at 68 of cancer. In the 30+ years i was around to see my dad work he only missed 2 days of work that i know of because of a concussion and then a broken arm. I wish my dad could have worked for Walt, i think he would have really loved it. FAH isnt a cure all, its not a gaurantee, its a hope that someday some people will live better and longer because of the infornation Stanford gets back from us folding. I dedicate my FAH to my dad Bill & to Walt, user name: Bill&Walt Team: 174765