Food and Wine Festival and Nieces first trip

After years of wanting to go to the Food and Wine Festival and never being able to go because I work in a school and could not get off, I was finally able to head down to Disney for the Food and Wine Festival! I was going down to see DD who is currently on her 2nd college program and meeting my aunt and 2 nieces for their first trip to Disney. I flew in a day early so that DD and I could enjoy the festival before the 6 and 7 year old arrived. We had so much fun walking around the World Showcase and sharing a little of this and a little of that. I think our favorite dessert was the warm pudding from the Ireland kiosk. I think our favorite beverage was the grapefruit beer–I can’t remember where we picked that one up right now… We also got to watch Sugar Ray in concert which was great. It reminded us of “the old days” driving in the Mustang blaring the radio when DD was young. Lol. Since it was a Wednesday, it really was not very crowded at all.

On Thursday, my aunt and nieces arrived and we hit the parks slowly at a snail’s pace. I tried explaining that we have to get up early and get to the parks at opening, but that never happened…I made the best of it by grabbing fast passes whenever I could so that we could see and do as much as possible each day. The girls really seemed to enjoy themselves and were excited to meet the characters, watch the shows, and ride the rides. One of my nieces is very shy and gets scared pretty easily; however, by the end of the trip she even asked if I would take her on Tower of Terror so that she could go home and tell her Mommy how brave she was. She braved it out and even put her hands up for a split second on the ride.

This was my 5th trip to Disney this year because I have been going to visit DD and making good use of our AP’s. It was nice to see Disney through fresh eyes who were impressed with everything again. To watch the girls twirl around in their princess dresses and skip along to the next ride was priceless. I am so glad that I got to as the girls called it “be their tour guide at Disney so that got to see everything.”

This was a pretty last minute trip planned around a break at school, so we did not make any reservations for dining but found Quick Service locations that served salads, chicken, and other healthier options. I wasn’t sure how I felt about not eating at my favorite places before the trip, but it all worked out fine. We still ate as healthy as we could and were able to avoid the standard hamburgers and chicken nuggets.

After my aunt and nieces left, DD had 5 hours on my last day to hang out and hit our favorites at the parks. We originally planned to head to Hollywood Studios to hit RNR and TOT before heading to MK for the Mountains, but it was insanely busy, so we headed to Downtown Disney for a leisurely lunch at Earl of Sandwich, walked around for a while, and then used our FP + reservations at the Mountains in MK. It was nice to take things a little more leisurely because we were both tired from getting up early to get the girls dressed, fed, and off to the parks each day. Even though we moved at a slower pace than we are used to, it was still exhausting because I am not used to having to take care of everything for little ones anymore. My youngest is in high school, so my kids get themselves ready in the mornings.

All in all, it was a great trip, and I am glad that I finally got to go to the Food and Wine Festival. I just hope that DH and I can get there just the 2 of us one of these years. That will probably be after DS graduates high school since it is too hard for him to miss school. Seeing Disney through the eyes of a 6 and 7 year old princess reminded me of when DH and I first took our kids so many years ago. The excitement in their faces was priceless!

It sounds like you had a great time!
I bet the girls had a blast, and appreciate all of your guidance.

Thank you for the TR!!

This was my first year back to the F&W since 2008. Such a good time! I am happy that you got down there so much this year. I also went four times and feel super spoiled! Thanks for the report - it’s SO nice to see you:heart::heart:

We had my 4yr DGD for a week this summer and I was so tired of having to prepare three meals and a few snacks EVERY DAY. My DH and I usually do our own thing for breakfast and lunch. It is tiring to be doing everything for the little people.

But it sounded like you had a great trip. Even though we were there at F&W, we had tummy trouble so we didn’t eat at any of the stands. We are going back in May and hoping the have a few food stands again like this past spring.

Good job making great use of that AP.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1139061]We had my 4yr DGD for a week this summer and I was so tired of having to prepare three meals and a few snacks EVERY DAY. My DH and I usually do our own thing for breakfast and lunch. It is tiring to be doing everything for the little people.

But it sounded like you had a great trip. Even though we were there at F&W, we had tummy trouble so we didn’t eat at any of the stands. We are going back in May and hoping the have a few food stands again like this past spring.

Good job making great use of that AP.[/QUOTE]

Sorry you guys got sick and did not get to enjoy the festival. I hope the Flower and Garden Festival has some of the stands for you in May!!

It feels good to be back on MB! I will try hard to not stay away so long!

[QUOTE=Goodegirl2007;1139056]It sounds like you had a great time!
I bet the girls had a blast, and appreciate all of your guidance.

Thank you for the TR!![/QUOTE]

The girls definitely had a blast! I am thankful that I had the opportunity to take them for their first trip!