Food Item Suggestions

Oh the dining reservations are a plenty…Now, please look at the list below and suggest some of your favorites from the different spots. Of course, most are scheduled BECAUSE they have something someone in our party of five already likes…but it would be nice to have a basis for those who may be wondering what to get…

Chef Mickeys - Breakfast
Hollywood and Vine - Lunch
Tutto Italia - Dinner
O’hana - Breakfast
The Plaza - Lunch
1900 Park Fare - Dinner
Tusker House - Breakfast
Mama Melrose - Dinner
Akershush - Breakfast
Crystal Palace - Lunch
Liberty Tree - Dinner
Yak and Yeti - Lunch
Flying Fish - Dinner
Teppan Edo - Lunch
50’s Prime Time - Dinner
Le Cellier - Dinner

Also, I noticed at Liberty Tree gratituty is INCLUDED - any others like that?

[QUOTE=dadofthree;1130834]Oh the dining reservations are a plenty…Now, please look at the list below and suggest some of your favorites from the different spots. Of course, most are scheduled BECAUSE they have something someone in our party of five already likes…but it would be nice to have a basis for those who may be wondering what to get…

Chef Mickeys - Breakfast
Hollywood and Vine - Lunch
Tutto Italia - Dinner
O’hana - Breakfast
The Plaza - Lunch
1900 Park Fare - Dinner
Tusker House - Breakfast
Mama Melrose - Dinner
Akershush - Breakfast
Crystal Palace - Lunch
Liberty Tree - Dinner
Yak and Yeti - Lunch
Flying Fish - Dinner
Teppan Edo - Lunch
50’s Prime Time - Dinner
Le Cellier - Dinner

Also, I noticed at Liberty Tree gratituty is INCLUDED - any others like that?[/QUOTE]

Liberty Tree was really good last summer. They no longer are a character meal, but the food was still good–homecooked roast beef, mashed potatoes, green beans, apples (can’t remember if they were applesauce or just cooked apples now for some reason) I think a salad came first and then they brought out ice cream with applepie. We were groaning by the end. The service was excellent and it is served family style. If you need refills of anything, you just ask. :happy:

We also like 50’s Prime Time—their fried chicken was great. Other people don’t like it but—we go for the fun as much as anything else. Good food is not why we go to WDW.

You seem to have included all our favorite spots.

SmallWorld - Liberty Tree is my wife’s favorite for mainly sentimental reasons but we enjoy it…and 50’s Primetime I love the PB&J milkshake

BossMouse - I personally would rather not do so many character buffets…but meeting them there keeps us out of waiting lines to see characters in the parks.

O’hana’s has the Tonga Toast, best “french” toast ever

Even when I go by myself I ALWAYS go to the 50s Diner for a glass of single malt scotch and the meatloaf, ummmmmm Getting hungry just thinking about it.

At the Crystal Palace we did the buffet on Thanksgiving and everything was good, but the mashed sweet potatoes were exceptional.

Sorry that’s all I got for ya,
-Harry

GrumpyDad - I LOVE MEATLOAF, I think I may have had it before at 50’s but I will definitely give it go this time.

We have NEVER had Ohana’s - I’m a bit excited about this one

O’hanas is great! The bread pudding is incredible. What a fun trip! Hope it is as much fun as you think it will be. We’re just a little jealous :wink:

[QUOTE=dadofthree;1130842]GrumpyDad - I LOVE MEATLOAF, I think I may have had it before at 50’s but I will definitely give it go this time.

We have NEVER had Ohana’s - I’m a bit excited about this one[/QUOTE]

If you love meatloaf you should try the Big River Grille & Brewing Works meatloaf - it has to be the best meatloaf I’ve ever tasted.

As for the list - love Flying Fish, Le Cellier, and Teppan Edo. I’d add Via Napoli.

That’s a heck of a lot of restaurants!

[QUOTE=dadofthree;1130842]GrumpyDad - I LOVE MEATLOAF, I think I may have had it before at 50’s but I will definitely give it go this time.

We have NEVER had Ohana’s - I’m a bit excited about this one[/QUOTE]

Ya when I would go for my conference, I’ve been know to head for the 50’s Diner, sit at the bar, order the meatloaf, and then just people watch.

Nice way to wind down after a day of tech speak! ! ! !

Have a great time,
-Harry

Meatloaf at Prime Time!!!

Endive salad at H&V

“Dad” Is Tokyo Dining on the DDP? (I have no idea on whats on there—we don’t do the DPs) We ate there for the first time last summer and it was really good. They have a kids menu which includes Chicken Teriyaki I believe. I did not get sushi—I think I had a Tempura dish perhaps? I’ve forgotten, but it was very good— There were lots of families there that evening.

Just thought I would throw that out there-----:smile:

Llama - we still have 2 credits per person to burn. I held on to them for the off chance I can get in at CRT on Sunday…if someone cancels…If not, I have to burn them somewhere before we leave that next Saturday.

Hanwill - I just hope my kids and wife enjoy it - if they do, I am set

[QUOTE=smallworld;1130852]“Dad” Is Tokyo Dining on the DDP? (I have no idea on whats on there—we don’t do the DPs) We ate there for the first time last summer and it was really good. They have a kids menu which includes Chicken Teriyaki I believe. I did not get sushi—I think I had a Tempura dish perhaps? I’ve forgotten, but it was very good— There were lots of families there that evening.

Just thought I would throw that out there-----:smile:[/QUOTE]

Yes - it is on the DDP - and you are right - it’s fantastic. I made a mistake when I mentioned Teppan Edo - not that it’s not good - but Tokyo Dining is better. Their tempura is heavenly. So light and greaseless!

None of those are my favorite haunts (although I really want to try Flying Fish!)… but I always recommend, at Chef Mickeys or similar places for breakfast, that there is valor and deliciousness in the attempt to eat your weight in bacon. :happy:

I will attempt this the upmost vigor:happy:

Your ADRs look yummy!
I have to throw a negative review to the meatloaf at 50’s Prime Time though, I just didn’t care for it. I ate two bites and threw the rest away.

[QUOTE=FairyGranmama;1130861]
I have to throw a negative review to the meatloaf at 50’s Prime Time though, I just didn’t care for it. I ate two bites and threw the rest away.[/QUOTE]

Really? I love it and get it almost every time we go there.

Last time I had breakfast at Tusker House, my server was able to place an order in the kitchen for a custom omelet. Flying Fish, the whole current menu looks good and the potato wrapped snapper is always a good choice. Try the salmon during lunch at CP. Haven’t done dinner at 1900, but I’m told the prime rib is good. Tutto Italia’s menu has changed a bit, but the risotto and the polenta catch my eye. At le Cellier, I’d try the steak.

I guess I like more of a traditional meatloaf. I wanted to like it :blush:

I was eyeing the snapper earlier this week at flying fish. Bit sad that le cellier took the coffee rubbed steak away…it was my favorite.