Food & Wine Festival 2009

Does anyone know what dates the 2009 Food & Wine Festival is scheduled for? Would like to make some plans, but need to put in for vacation at least 6 months previous :confused:

Just guessing but from September 25 to November 8, 2009.

September 26, 2009 - November 9, 2009

I googled and these were the dates that came up, yet not confirmed. I guess if you went anytime in the middle, you would be safe!

:happy: Thanks soooooo much for the info! It will be useful in future planning for our (fingers crossed) 2009 WDW vacation. We suffer from withdrawal if we don’t get there yearly.

Is anyone else going for Food and Wine?

WHo has gone in the past? I remember Wishy’s report but I wanted to know all about it! Anyone want to share (again perhaps)!

[QUOTE=NokeyNose;948532]Is anyone else going for Food and Wine?

WHo has gone in the past? I remember Wishy’s report but I wanted to know all about it! Anyone want to share (again perhaps)![/QUOTE]

We have been in the past and are hoping to go again this year. It is a fantastic event. It is a full, if not a couple of days event that you can spend there. It does get very costly, sampling all of the great food and beverage from all of the kiosks that are set up.

I went last year and am considering going again this year. It was wonderful. We went in a group, buying one thing from each kiosk, and each taking a bite. It was great. Course we had to keep going back to work our way around the whole World Showcase. :happy: And then there were the repeats. :rolleyes:

And I LOVED the Eat to the Beat concerts. David Cassidy…Boyz 2 Men…and some others I can’t think of right now. Just a wonderful experience.

190 some days until we hit the W & F Fest.

Does anyone know if the meal plan applies to this? Do the various booths accept the plan as a counter or snack service?

We are going for the first time in Oct.

:confused: My question exactly!!

I sent the question to Anita Answer (allears.com). I’ll pop it off to WDW, also.

I am pretty sure that they accept snack credits for most booths as long as it was under a certain amount.

I thought I remembered Wish writing about her adventures around teh world showcase using her sanck credits at the booths!

In the past you could use snack credits from the DDP at the kiosks (probably depending on what you get.) Alcoholic beverages are not included. I don’t think they have determined whether any QS credits can be used at the kiosks…my guess is going to be no because of the QS snacks being limited to pretty inexpensive (by Disney standards) snacks.

[QUOTE=NokeyNose;948532]Is anyone else going for Food and Wine?

WHo has gone in the past? I remember Wishy’s report but I wanted to know all about it! Anyone want to share (again perhaps)![/QUOTE]

We went for our honeymoon in 2006 and loved loved loved it. We loved trying all the snacks from other countries and everything was reasonably priced. Also, October is a gorgeous time of year to go. It’s a nice temperature AND all the Halloween festivities are going on.

Yes! All the items at the booth are one snack credit. We saved most of our snack credits for our “eating around the world” day. We bought one thing from almost every country and split it.

is this event super crowded?

Food and Wine Festival definitely draws crowds. We have been there the past two years, and it has been crowded, especially Thursday - Sunday.

Disney tells me, and only me because I am your king, (another King Julian impression) that my, King Julian’s snack and CS credits will work. And that is because I am a freak.

Seriously? It will depend on what you are scarfing down.