For FL Residents...monthly payment options

From Disney Parks Blog…

New Monthly Payments Program Begins at Walt Disney World

Posted: 24 Jun 2010 05:33 PM PDT

Attention Florida residents … we’ve got some great news to share for those of you looking to spread out the cost of buying Walt Disney World annual passes. Our annual pass monthly payment program is now available online. And how it works is simple. Florida Residents make a down payment equal to the price of a non-discounted one-day Magic Your Way base ticket and then pay the remainder through 12 recurring automatic monthly payments scheduled for the year. It’s interest and finance charge free.

What are the benefits of being a Passholder? The list is long but most importantly, you have access to Disney “magic” all year — attractions, characters and events (the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival is right around the corner). You can also customize your Disney experience when you select the Walt Disney World Florida Resident Annual Pass that’s right for you.

Find your Pass at Passholder Program | Walt Disney World Resort. Oh, and please let us know if you’ll be using this payment option in the comments.

This would be great…if I didn’t have 7 people to buy for :laugh: It’s a car payment to do this. :blink: Oh well, so those with average sized families I’m sure it’s a bargain and great.

Yippee!! I’m SO GLAD they are doing this . . .that 1000+ bill right after Christmas (altho now I have until March) is always so tough.

I hope this helps out some folks. Our passes expire in Nov. so looking forward to trying it out then.

I love this option, it will sure help out with all of us.

if you click the link to find out more about the pass program, in the question section they state that you can only use this program if you are purchasing a new annual pass. not renewals… :mad:

Thas no fair. That does not make sense. I guess they are trying to get more Fl. residents to buy annual passes. Still, that stinks.

Wish they would open this up to non-Fl residents too! lol :laugh:

Let your pass expire and then buy a new one . . . :happy:

see my hubby & i were thinking the other way…since there is only the 2 of us +1 dd = 3 tickets…doing monthly payments seems like you are just dragging it out.

looking at $754 1 time pymt. for FL Res. Seasonal passes…
vs.
payment plan: $269.67 for the 1st mo. and $43.67 for 11more mo.

we thought it only made sense for larger families.

i guess it is just another option disney is offering to try to sell more tickets. if anything it might be a sign that they realize the economy is not back on track yet…and they should keep coming up with options for disney goers…like resort discounts! :laugh:

this is what we do.
get 2 trips of each new annual pass.
we go in Jan., then in Dec. of one year, then we let our passes expire for 1 yr. between…then we buy another pass and go in Jan., then Dec… of the next year.

that 13 months on the in between stretch stinks…but it’s worth is when we only have the 11 months between when we already have our passes.

it works for us!:blush:

[QUOTE=chottsy;1038505]see my hubby & i were thinking the other way…since there is only the 2 of us +1 dd = 3 tickets…doing monthly payments seems like you are just dragging it out.

looking at $754 1 time pymt. for FL Res. Seasonal passes…
vs.
payment plan: $269.67 for the 1st mo. and $43.67 for 11more mo.

we thought it only made sense for larger families.

i guess it is just another option disney is offering to try to sell more tickets. if anything it might be a sign that they realize the economy is not back on track yet…and they should keep coming up with options for disney goers…like resort discounts! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

For us, if we did it monthly, it would be $191.27 a month for us. Or $2295.24 a yr for us in passes. We also live about 4 hours away and it would mean an over night stay for 7 people . So for us, it wouldn’t work out. Smaller families I can see it working better, it would be $100ish for them monthly.

[QUOTE=chottsy;1038505]
i guess it is just another option disney is offering to try to sell more tickets. if anything it might be a sign that they realize the economy is not back on track yet…and they should keep coming up with options for disney goers…like resort discounts! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

They just came out with 46% off for PH, but only through Oct 2 I need end of October and December!! :laugh:

they will release a discount for our Dec. dates…i just know it!..they always do!:laugh:
…historically it’s been mid-july