For Harry Potter Fans

We were at Islands of Adventure on Saturday and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is really coming along. It actually gave me goosebumps! Hogwarts is AMAZING! You can see most of it from the walkways although, of course, it’s all closed in and Hogmeade looks super - all crooked streets and chimneys. They’ve done a great job. There is a ride planned for the inside of Hogwarts and they are turning the Dueling Dragons Roller Coaster into a Harry Potter themed attraction. It’s opening in the Spring.

DS is going to LOVE it! He can’t wait. We will have to plan a visit to Universal our next trip.:happy:

DW has told me that we will have to go…I guess I will have to go.

DS is so excited over Harry Potter right now. Don’t know if we will be able to join a visit on to our Spring WDW trip, but we’ll definately be planning a visit!!

I am excited… hmmm… maybe i do need to plan than trip in November now… i was going to sell my points instead…

Thanks llama. There wasn’t too much to see in August…just a few buildings.

I hear people talking about it around here all the time. Lots of people are planning to go to Uni when HP opens. It’s quite the draw. I think they are going to give Disney some serious competition this spring.

We’ll wait till the crowds die down - but I’m sure it’ll be a huge draw. There will be a candystore selling chocolate frogs, etc. a restaurant selling pumpkin juice…

I also heard that there will be a store (forget the name in the book) where you can go and pick or be picked by your wand. And there will be places to eat that are right out of the book as well. I heard they were planning to have Hogwarts school and I’m hoping some tours through it! I need to brush up a bit on my Harry Potter lingo. I think it will be incredible for Harry Potter fans.

I think this link has been posted here before, but it is an exciting look at the plans for the New Park.

A First Look at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter™

Here is a link to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter section of Universal’s website.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Universal Orlando Resort

I am SO excited for this to open. We have never been to Universal and this seems like exactly the reason for our first visit. The concept art is amazing, so I can’t wait to see Hogwarts, Olivanders, The Three Broomsticks, Honeydukes, Zonkos, and etc. in person.

When we there is Jan '09 they just started building. When we were there in Oct. '09 it was moving along very nicely. I can’t wait! The opening is this spring but no date yet. I am hoping for the 2nd week in May. :biggrin:

Ooo I can’t wait to see all of this in Sept! Im hoping it is really going to live up to all the hype!