Fort Wilderness cabins

Talk to me about the cabins. The good, the bad, the ugly . . .

We’re still trying to choose between the third week of August or the 2nd week of December. DH wants August because he wants hot, not questionable temps (thinking about pools and water rides). I’m leanin’ more toward Dec. because, well, August is hot. BUT, I’m reconsidering the August option if the cabins are worth their weight in gold, given the pools and beach. Plus, I kind of like the kitchen option.
Anyone who has stayed there, please share your experience!

[QUOTE=smee57;1029089]Talk to me about the cabins. The good, the bad, the ugly . . .

We’re still trying to choose between the third week of August or the 2nd week of December. DH wants August because he wants hot, not questionable temps (thinking about pools and water rides). I’m leanin’ more toward Dec. because, well, August is hot. BUT, I’m reconsidering the August option if the cabins are worth their weight in gold, given the pools and beach. Plus, I kind of like the kitchen option.
Anyone who has stayed there, please share your experience![/QUOTE]

I have never stayed in a cabin as we own a travel trailer. We stay at FW on about 99% of our trips. I LOVE IT THERE!! I can tell you that August is HOT!! December can be down right cold (I’m a FL girl), but the Christmas decorations put up by the “campers” are unreal!! December, and really any holiday, is a great time to be at FW. Everyone and everything is very festive!

Oh I would go for December for sure! August isn’t just hot. It’s miserabley hot! I have stayed in a cabin a few times. They are very nice and roomy. The bed large bed in the bedroom is comfortable. The bunk beds and murphy bed are not as comfortable. The bus system can be a bit frustrating, so just be patient and leave plenty of time for travel to your destination. We drove to the parks quite often. Overall I really like the cabins and all of the activities there.