Fort Wilderness Facelift

Does anyone have any updated information about the remodel of FW sites and pool(s)? Last I heard, they were creating more premium sites that were to be widened to accommodate the newer, more massive RVs of today.

In our wee-little camper, I’m not all too concerned about space. I’m more curious about how the new sites will look. More importantly, I’d like to get more info about possible pool refurbishments…

Anyone with juicy details to share? :huh:

They have taken a lot of trees out of the loops to ake room for the bigger sites. I have a 19 ft travel trailer and we love it. As for the pool, a CM told me that they will start the makeover during the cooler months. He also stated that they were going to add a slide or two and will be taking bits and pieces from the old River Counrty to make the pool much better and more entertaining. I also heard rumors of a splash park area at the pool as well. That’s all I know- next trip to the fort will be 12/11. I can update then.

Thanks a bunch. :heart: Looking forward to hearing about your trip.

I’ll be there to start the holiday season the week of Thanksgiving and have paid for a Premium site. Loop 800 is my favorite loop and it has just been completed with the wider concrete site as well as completly new four seater picnic table and brand new grills with lids. The tree stump cable/electric boxes have also been painted. Loop 500 and 800 is fully completed (they were working on the 500 loop when we were staying at FW Labor Day weekend). The sites have been cleared of all the potatoe vines and stuff and though the look is a little more sparse, I also thought it gave it a cleaner look. It will be intersting this year though to see how I’ll get all my christmas decorations up when their be less of a dirt area to stick stuff into.

here are the new grills

Please take as many pics as you can. I am very interested to see all of the improvements. I am particularly interested to see the pool renovations.

Have a magical trip!

[QUOTE=timkelmom;904093]Please take as many pics as you can. I am very interested to see all of the improvements. I am particularly interested to see the pool renovations.

Have a magical trip![/QUOTE]

As of last weekend, I saw no improvements to the main pool as of yet.

We are leaving for Fort Wilderness Wed. night. This is going to be a very quick trip, but we have always wanted to see the lights during Christmas. We are very excited about seeing the changes at FW. Primative camping for us will mean not having internet for 4 days so we are looking forward to seeing the larger concrete sites at the campground. I will try to post some photos of any changes next week

Thanks in advance. Also, FYI, they have internet ports in the main lobby where you can plug in.

So sad to hear that, I have really been looking forward to it.

[QUOTE=timkelmom;904093]Please take as many pics as you can. I am very interested to see all of the improvements. I am particularly interested to see the pool renovations.

Have a magical trip![/QUOTE] Thank you!

I certainly will, but don’t hold your breath for the pool renovations just yet. Maybe come Jan/Feb cause’ that’s when Disney usually does them, but with this economy they maybe putting that off for a while and just concentrating on upgrading the loops.

7 more days!!!