Fort Wilderness Meadows Pool

I just read this in my Allears newsletter:

Fort Wilderness Meadows Pool will be closed January 12 - March 13, 2009.

This is very exciting as I assume this is when the very plain pool will be turned into something wonderful!!

I will be there the 22-26 of January and will take pictures of any changes if they have been made by then.

[QUOTE=johnkimv;917942]I just read this in my Allears newsletter:

Fort Wilderness Meadows Pool will be closed January 12 - March 13, 2009.

This is very exciting as I assume this is when the very plain pool will be turned into something wonderful!!

I will be there the 22-26 of January and will take pictures of any changes if they have been made by then.[/QUOTE]

This is great news, I have been looking forward to this refurb. I can’t wait to see any pics you take. Thanks.

My friend just came back from FW yesterday and she said people were swimming in the Meadows Pool still and it didn’t look like anything was happening yet. I will check it out this week.

I heard the pool was running out of dull, and Disney had to refill it. I hope the Fort gets some serious swimming. Too bad the cool slide pool at River country was abandoned. That was fun.

Will they be putting in a slide? or a hot tub?

Is the pool going to be totally redone and themed like other Disney resort pools?

I notice a lot of people pool hop to WL and CR so I’m guessing the pool isn’t anything great right now. There are times we haven’t been able to get on a boat because of all the people trying to get back to FW after swimming at WL or CR.

The pool there now is JUST a pool- nothing extra. A CM told me a while back that they were going to be taking parts of River Country to redo the pool and make it better. For the price of a campsite these days, they better be doing a huge makeover!!

I heard they were putting in a slide, but I did not hear anything about a hot tub.

Thanks for taking pics when you go. We have a Christmas trip planned this year and are eager to see any new photos of the grounds we can.

Anyone have photos of the campsite redos?