Fort Wilderness Pool Update?

Have the renovations been completed at the Fort Wilderness Pool yet? Any pictures?

When we were there in Feb. they were working on the renovations, but not yet complete. I was passing by on a bus, so I did not get to take any pics. There was a loader there and the whole pool area was closed off.

I hope someone can post some pics though.

I saw on another site that it opened on the 12th. I will be there Wednesday morning. If I get online while there, I will report back.

Thanks Kim. Enjoy your trip!

Here are the pictures you requested of FW’s Pool Upgrade:
They added a hot tub!!
The entire pool is about 3 1/2 feet deep!!
Kiddie Pool is the same!!
Looks like they are building some sort of splash area for kids behind the kiddie pool!!

The pool was bery busy each day I was there!

Thanks for the pictures!

Thanks for the pics Kim. It looks great!

The pool looks great. I hate the fact it is only 3/12 feet deep.

At one time many years ago there was a rumor that they were going to open up River Country to be used as the premier pool for FWC.
It would only be open to people staying within the campground.

[QUOTE=Spectro is #1;956621]The pool looks great. I hate the fact it is only 3/12 feet deep.

At one time many years ago there was a rumor that they were going to open up River Country to be used as the premier pool for FWC.
It would only be open to people staying within the campground.[/QUOTE]

They now say that the reopening of RC will never happen. It would cost too much money to fix it and maintain it. They would need a crazy # of people there everyday just to break even.

If you have little kids that aren’t really strong swimmers, keep an eye on them when they are coming off the slide. There is a STRONG current. In the 3 trips to the pool on my last vacation I watched 2 life guards save 2 kids and my DH had to pull a kid out that gave up swimming against the current. The pool was open for only 2 weeks when I was there. I go back 05/28 and it will be interesting to see if anything has changed.

I have seen some pictures about a year and a half ago on the web somewhere (can’t remember which site) and is was VERY run down then.
It was a full pictorial and included the changing rooms and ticket booth. The wood was already rotting, painted surfaces were blistered and peeling. Some of the areas were covered with vines and there were weeds everywhere. It was sad to see as I have very fond memories of RC.