Fort Wilderness Questions

Hello, everyone! FIRST POST EVER!:happy:

1. Loop recommendations for a full hook-up site that allows pets. We were looking at loops 1500 - 1900. Any suggestions? We camp with a 2001 Coleman Niagara pop up with a slide out.

2. Regarding full hook-up sites as opposed to preferred sites: If you don’t have a sewer hook up or a gray water tank - where can you dump dirty dish water?

3. ICE - I have heard it’s FREE at the comfort stations and also heard it’s $2 a bag. Which is true?

4. Camping with our dogs - I assume Disney will need to see proof of shots when we check in. Is there anything else I need to make sure I have with me?

5. Does Disney offer a discount on golf cart rentals for AAA members?

THANK YOU!!!

Sorry I can’t help you about Fort Wilderness, but I wanted to say WELCOME TO MOUSEBUZZ.

Thank you for the welcome! How do you get your Disney Countdown below your signature?

I just wanted to welcome you to Mousebuzz, but unfortunately I can’t help you with any of your camping questions. You can’t access the countdown until after you post a certain number of times. (I think it’s 100 posts, but I could be wrong). I’m sure someone who really knows will post shortly. Have a great trip and please do a trip report when you get back. I would love to hear all about your vacation.

Wow… It’s been so long since I was at FW but I have never heard about checking shot records unless they are staying at the kennel but I could be wrong :huh: . I would def try to contact someone at the front desk at the resort for secific questions. Welcome to MB! :biggrin:

1. Loop recommendations for a full hook-up site that allows pets. We were looking at loops 1500 - 1900. Any suggestions? We camp with a 2001 Coleman Niagara pop up with a slide out. The 1500 loop is pretty close to the pool if I remember seeing it correctly last week.

2. Regarding full hook-up sites as opposed to preferred sites: If you don’t have a sewer hook up or a gray water tank - where can you dump dirty dish water? Full Hook-ups have a dump spot on the camp site- actually I think all their sites do. There is no general dump area.

3. ICE - I have heard it’s FREE at the comfort stations and also heard it’s $2 a bag. Which is true? Far from free! It is $2 a bag. Make sure you bring someone with you as it can be a 2 person job when the machine decides to be generous as you might get 1 1/2 bags out of one.

4. Camping with our dogs - I assume Disney will need to see proof of shots when we check in. Is there anything else I need to make sure I have with me?
    No need to provide any records unless they are staying in the kennel. I do believe there is a pet charge of $5 per day, but not 100 % sure as I do not travel with my dog.

5. Does Disney offer a discount on golf cart rentals for AAA members? I think they only discount they ‘might’ offer on golf carts is for Passholders.

Check out this link on AllEars… Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground Fact Sheet
This link also includes a map. I LOVE staying in the 100 loop as it is so close to the marina, settlement store, trails end, big playground, etc. Plus I love to hear the fireworks, Electric Light Parade and boat whistles- the 100 loop is the perfect spot for all of these!

Hi Scrapmommy3! It’s great to have another Kentucky girl on MB! Welcome, this is a great site with wonderful, friendly people :slight_smile:

I have no info on the Fort, sorry! But it looks like fun!

Our first visit to FW was last June, it was awesome! We are going again this July and I love camping @ Disney. Also, Welcome to Mousebuzz!!

[QUOTE=johnkimv;1099810]1. Loop recommendations for a full hook-up site that allows pets. We were looking at loops 1500 - 1900. Any suggestions? We camp with a 2001 Coleman Niagara pop up with a slide out. The 1500 loop is pretty close to the pool if I remember seeing it correctly last week.

1. Regarding full hook-up sites as opposed to preferred sites: If you don’t have a sewer hook up or a gray water tank - where can you dump dirty dish water? Full Hook-ups have a dump spot on the camp site- actually I think all their sites do. There is no general dump area.

2. ICE - I have heard it’s FREE at the comfort stations and also heard it’s $2 a bag. Which is true? Far from free! It is $2 a bag. Make sure you bring someone with you as it can be a 2 person job when the machine decides to be generous as you might get 1 1/2 bags out of one.

3. Camping with our dogs - I assume Disney will need to see proof of shots when we check in. Is there anything else I need to make sure I have with me?
    No need to provide any records unless they are staying in the kennel. I do believe there is a pet charge of $5 per day, but not 100 % sure as I do not travel with my dog.

4. Does Disney offer a discount on golf cart rentals for AAA members? I think they only discount they ‘might’ offer on golf carts is for Passholders.

Check out this link on AllEars… Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground Fact Sheet
This link also includes a map. I LOVE staying in the 100 loop as it is so close to the marina, settlement store, trails end, big playground, etc. Plus I love to hear the fireworks, Electric Light Parade and boat whistles- the 100 loop is the perfect spot for all of these![/QUOTE]

we stay there quite often with our dog and it is $5 dollars a day

Hi Shaela and a huge Welcome to MouseBuzz!!! If you go into UserCP at the top of the page then go to Edit Options on the left hand column and scroll all the way down you will come to the scetion where you can add your date of arrival to WDW and then once you have added it and confirmed it, it will appear on your signature :slight_smile:

xx

To get the Countdown you must be here 3 months and have at least 100 posts.
Welcome to MB and we hope you enjoy your stay. If you’re like the rest of us you won’t want to ever check-out as it’s the closest place to our favorite home away from home.:mickey:

Welome to MB. You are going to get GREAT information on this site!! I have always wanted to stay at Fort Wilderness…I think we will on our next trip.

Not a camper (although if I was FW would be my first choice!) but welcome to MouseBuzz!:happy:

A note on AAA - it’s worth it to drop in and ask about any “perks” they might have for WDW. We did, and they gave us a Diamond Parking Pass.