Fort Wilderness Woods View

Yay! We booked last night! After MANY, we will say very passionate discussions between DH and I, we decided that we wouldn’t go in July but October with our friends and their two kids. We went back and forth between Pirates at Carribean Beach, Cars suite at Art of Animation and a woods view room at Fort Wilderness. Fort Wilderness won out. It was the most expensive, but not by much. To be honest the selling point for me was the bed size. Pirates had 2 doubles, FW has 2 queens. I’m 5’9 and he’s 6’2 lol not comfy on a double bed!

We start planning our dinner reservations Saturday. I am soooo excited! Has anyone stayed in a woods view room?? What can we expect!?

Hi Disneyfan:

I didn’t realize that CBR had rooms with double beds! This is news to me—and I have been going to WDW for quite some time now. I thought all moderate priced resorts had 2 queens for standard! —never too old to learn something new I guess.

I have always wanted to stay at FW—but it’s just too expensive for 2 people. Enjoy your trip.

Wait… Fort Wilderness campground or Wlderness Lodge? I have stayed at Wilderness Lodge and had a woods view. For sure it was a view of the woods, but from our room we could see the fireworks over the castle… It will be woods, but there is so much to do, you will not really sit in the room and ponder the view that much. Have a great trip.

Yes, Wilderness Lodge. I always say Fort Wilderness lol. According to the booking page CBR pirate rooms def have double beds! And ya know…you would think we wouldn’t spend a lot of time in the room, but my boyfriend likes to hang out in the resort and we will have a 6 year old with us lol. He gets tired quickley, so I’m thinking naps. Lol

I stayed at WL back in 2000, but got upgraded from woods to courtyard view. Lovely resort.

Everybody always talks about being upgraded. I’ve never been. But in all fairness, I’ve only ever stayed at Pop lol

[QUOTE=smallworld;1107732]Hi Disneyfan:

I didn’t realize that CBR had rooms with double beds! This is news to me—and I have been going to WDW for quite some time now. I thought all moderate priced resorts had 2 queens for standard! —never too old to learn something new I guess.

I have always wanted to stay at FW—but it’s just too expensive for 2 people. Enjoy your trip.[/QUOTE]

SURPRISE!!!

All of the mods were equipped with doubles, just like values.
In 2009, they began switching CSR to queens and finished in early 2010.
The other mods continued with doubles until very recently when they started changing over POR and POFQ.

Now then, are we talking about Fort Wilderness and the cabin for 6 or are we talking about Wilderness Lodge? Especially considering that FW is ALL woods view while WL has woods view, court view, and garden view.

I was upgraded in December from Pop to POR.

And I wish I hadn’t been:crying:

Hmmm…I’ve never ever recall having a double bed at the moderates I’ve stayed in…and I’ve stayed several times now…I couldn’t sleep in a double with anyone else so believe me I would know it! My DH sleeps diagonally!! I definitely recall doing research on individual moderates at one time…now for the value resorts? I can’t really say— they probably were doubles but the times I’ve stayed in value…I had the bed to myself so I didn’t notice! But in the moderates…I’m pretty sure PO had queens the times we have stayed there…even many years ago.

I’ve never received any upgrade other than building location Disneyfan…we seem to always get the closest building to the food court at POFQ now…a CM told us that since we keep returning there, we get a good location if possible.

SoundGod…why didn’t you like POR? Just curious…POFQ is our favorite…heading there (hopefully) in August…

We stayed at POP one time…I would stay again…but the walk was far and the buses didn’t run as often as at POFQ…perhaps it depends on when you go…

We loved the Wilderness Lodge. It’s a good fall/winter resort with the theming (we stayed there at Christmas - the tree is awesome). We had woods view, and it turned out to be a view of the VWL pool. We were also very near the main pool, which was nice (though our weather wasn’t the best for actually swimming - the hot tub was nice though), as well as the boat to MK. I typically don’t care so much about the view as I do about the room. The room is rather large, but a little dark. I spent a lot of time in there because I got sick on that trip.

We ate at Whispering Canyon Cafe several times - it’s a great restaurant, especially if you’re staying at the resort. You can make ADRs, but we also lucked out with a walk-up for breakfast.

Explore the lobby and pool area - really unique architecture. As an architecture student, I actually did a speech on the architect, Peter Dominick, and his storytelling designs for both the Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge. I can give you all sorts of architectural stories if you’d like. :laugh:

Also, make sure to see the Electrical Water Pageant! It comes by the resort around 9:00, I think, but you can ask the CMs for the exact time.

Tjanks for the feedback guys! I’m supper stoked about it. Its the first time we are sorta in the position to afford a nicer hotel. It helps that my job gives me an apartment lol. I can’t wait to start making my ADRs. I think we will definately hit the buffet for breakfast one morning! =)

Yes! Also. Take the boat to the mk, and if you feel like it to Epcot through mm and then the monorail. Takes a little while but it might be fun!!!
Fun resort…

We love the WL. Pam would stay there each trip if she had her way. Have fun planning those ADR’s

Glad we clarified that, because FW is my “home resort” and every part of it is a woods view. (Plus you get armadillos in your coolers if you don’t secure them!)

Can someone update the title of the thread to “Wilderness Lodge Woods View”

Come on! Enjoy the confusion. :ph34r:

Lol I’M SORRY! Lol I’ve always just called the whole thing Fort Wilderness. I tried to change the title! I’m sorry lol

Well, as long as your REALLY, TRULY, ABSOLUTELY sorry, we can let it pass this time. Of course, no one else on this board has ever made a typo. :blink::laugh:

Have fun at WL. Someday you should try the awesome, amazing, awesome Fort Wilderness.

…I never make misteaks! :stuck_out_tongue:

No seriously…no problem…I read what I want to read…and ye who has never made a typo should cast the first…ummmm…turkey leg?