Fort Wilderness

:goofybounce:I am jumping for joy!!:goofybounce:

I have been trying everyday to get a campsite at FW since September through the end of February and have had no luck what so ever!!!

I just tried and it worked!! I was able to book a premium site for December 10-13th!! I really didn’t care if they only had a site in the overflow parking lot!!:laugh:)

FW at Christmastime is sooooo beautiful as well are all the parks and their decorations. Plus, I get to take the camper out!!

We have NEVER seen the Osborne Lights and I was very sad to miss all the decorations when we were there a few weeks ago. It seemed like they put everything up right after we left!!

I have been begging DH to take me somewhere to get in the Christmas spirit, but he just wasn’t having it. I just went out side and told him, I whined a little, and won!!:laugh:

YAY!!! Isn’t that the best feeling of satisfaction…enjoy the time and Christmas spirit!!

Yes it is!!

The worst part…was that I had to renew 2 of my annual passes- OUCH!! :eek:
So much for a cheap little getaway!

Ouch indeed but worth it!! Can’t wait for the TR and pictures.

[QUOTE=johnkimv;1005265]Yes it is!!

So much for a cheap little getaway![/QUOTE]

There have been some bonus offers on AP. I think it’s only for FL people. Check the website.

Congrats!! Bummer we’ll miss you again. We arrive on the 17th!

We loved Ft. Wilderness last year, friends of ours were staying in the cabins and we hung out with them a lot. It was SO AWESOME!!! :wub:

Have a super magical trip. AND you will LOVE the lights!!!:wub:

This sort of book ends your reply to my PM question if or when you’d be going up in December and if it would be the same days as us.
Have fun.

[QUOTE=johnkimv;1005265]
So much for a cheap little getaway![/QUOTE]

The extra three months is automatic so long as you renew before the end of the year.
I feel your pain about not having the “cheap” getaway, we had to renew our passes in October and I came this close to just buying MYW tickets instead.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Disney + Christmas + camping = best trip EVER!! :happy: Have a great time!!

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1005303]This sort of book ends your reply to my PM question if or when you’d be going up in December and if it would be the same days as us.
Have fun.[/QUOTE]

Soundgod, I had nearly given up. I have been PMing with Princessjill about the lack of openings and when I saw your PM I thought I would try one more time. It worked out perfectly!! We are heading to Ft. Myers for Thanksgiving so the 1st wouldn’t work for us.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1005304]The extra three months is automatic so long as you renew before the end of the year.
I feel your pain about not having the “cheap” getaway, we had to renew our passes in October and I came this close to just buying MYW tickets instead.[/QUOTE]

I guess I should edit my quote about renewing my passes. I looked at DD’s and hers is up the day we get there as well. Ugh!! Oh, well- I was going to do it anyways. At least DH and I aren’t exchanging Xmas gifts this year. We decided yesterday that neither of us want anything (except me wanting this trip) so it all works out in the end!!

Ooooo, we will just be arriving in FL on the tenth. Let me know if you have time for a quick hello, we’ll see if we can’t swing by one of the parks or even FW (we love an excuse to go there).

So glad you got a ressie, it can be tough to get in there in the late fall/winter.

[QUOTE=timkelmom;1005354]Ooooo, we will just be arriving in FL on the tenth. Let me know if you have time for a quick hello, we’ll see if we can’t swing by one of the parks or even FW (we love an excuse to go there).

So glad you got a ressie, it can be tough to get in there in the late fall/winter.[/QUOTE]

That would be nice! I just checked online again was able to find another premium site available. I wonder if they just opened up a loop that they had closed. I will never understand them!

Ahhh, shucks, you’ll be missing us by a couple days! I am so glad you got a campsite! You’ll LOVE the Osbourne Lights and all the holiday fanfare. Have you ever done the hayride in Fort Wilderness that takes you around to all the loops to look at the Christmas lights & you sing carols? I used to loving doing that when I was younger! Don’t forget to bring stuff so you can decorate your camper!

I was just talking with Baloo and he said maybe they had closed some of the loops due to the construction of that new hotel? Is that anywhere near FW?

It is near FW, but the construction from that would not be able to interfere with a loop. Especially because the premium sites are more internal on the property. I have a feeling they had it closed for some reason- I guess I will have to ask when I get there.

We have never done the hayride, but we always check out the decorations!! We love to decorate as well!!

I think I’m going to be cutting way back on gifts as well.

ah, ok. That makes sense. We were just trying to come up with every reason we could think of, and the hotel idea was the only one that seemed somewhat possible. :laugh: