Fort Wilderness

Ok MBer’s need input on FW? please!!!
I am now thinking of switching from the POP to the FW. Just to try something different since we just did the POP in March 2010.

My main question is, is there a food court like there is at the values?
If so, is it far to get to, etc.
Pool’s etc.?

any and all info is welcomed!

thank you all! :mickey:
Danielle

No food court, you can get take out from the restaurant which is far from some areas.

One of the best themed resorts on property. Two pools, one with slide. It is a different resort from all others, but very cool, the most activities of any resort.

It’s definately different, considering 1 is a campground and the other is a hotel. But Disney more than makes up for it by offering tons of activities to do while camping that aren’t offered at the other Value level locations.

ahhhhhhhh ok, so how does one get to the restaurant? do you walk or take your car?

You could be within walking distance, take a bus or a golf cart.

Read up here

Moderate ? easyWDW

Trail’s End is a DELICIOUS buffet restaurant. Crocket’s Tavern is nearby, which I believe does take-out pizza. To get there, you can either walk if your campsite is near the Settlement (or you’re in the mood for some exercise if it’s not), or catch a bus. They have internal buses that run between the Settlement (near the marina) and the Outpost (where you check in and catch buses to other parks) and stop at campsite loops along the way.

There are also trading posts at the Settlement and near the Meadows Swimming Pool that offer snacks, basic camping supplies, etc.

FW has Hoop-Dee-Doo, Mickey’s Backyard BBQ, and smores at Chip & Dale’s Campfire Singalong too!

We love FW so much, we won’t stay anywhere else!

We loved FW. We decided to try POFQ this time but I have a feeling we will be headed back to FW next time. If you can swing it the golf cart is a must. We had a lot of fun just scooting around the property in that. The fireworks from the beach were awesome.

Thanks Scott, unfort. when I priced it I thought it was 400.00 less then what I am paying now, I don’t know exactly what I did wrong but when i went back on line this morning, it was 500.00 MORE then what I am paying at the POP.
I really also don’t like the fact about the no food court, i love the food courts and the internal buses just to get to the buses to go to the parks, its not easy as it is with 4 young kids…oh well, maybe next time, its no biggie:mickey:

I loved the Pop Century Resort. They have their own bus that is NOT shared with other resorts. It is fairly new still. I love reminiscening and learning about earlier decades. The huge icons are awesome.

[QUOTE=pixeemom;1067736]Thanks Scott, unfort. when I priced it I thought it was 400.00 less then what I am paying now, I don’t know exactly what I did wrong but when i went back on line this morning, it was 500.00 MORE then what I am paying at the POP.
I really also don’t like the fact about the no food court, i love the food courts and the internal buses just to get to the buses to go to the parks, its not easy as it is with 4 young kids…oh well, maybe next time, its no biggie:mickey:[/QUOTE]

Hey Pixieemom!
Two things -

1. Got the warm fuzzies when I saw your location. I was born on LI and spent many-o-years traveling there to visit relatives.
  2. I am SOOOOooooo much a FW fan and would recommend you consider making it a future WDW resort choice for your family. It is such a treat to be surrounded by the great outdoors yet close to all the magic. It’s all the comforts (and privacy) of home with tons of amenities. For your next trip, check out some of the threads/photos/videos about FW…:biggrin: