Found A Glitch With Magic Wristbands

Normally this should not be a problem, but for me, right now, it is.
It seems that you can not make FP+ reservations if you do not have a ticket or your AP will have just expired.
Our APs expire on Dec 3 but we will not be in WDW until Dec 10. I don’t really have money right now to renew the APs and was going to do so once we were on property. I do have two old Park Hopper Plus tickets with two days each, but if I tie those tickets to the bands, they will be lost and unrecoverable. That would be a total waste because again, once we’re on property, I will renew. And these tickets were bought in 2001, so you know what I paid and you know how much more they will cost to replace.
I just got off the phone with the internet help desk and they were of no use. The CMs apparently have no way to override the system to allow me to make FP+ reservations. She did suggest I not worry and make all of my reservations once I was on property. I laughed and said “yeah right, good luck getting TSMM”. But she assured me that I’d be able to secure FPs once I was on property and once I was in the park. Of course I said “Are you crazy, all of those fast passes are gone by 10:30 every morning”. Then she admitted that the times that will be available will be very late in the day.

Also, I have not gotten my renewal notice either.

I’m venting, but I am PO’ed.

Did you not tell the CM who you were:tongue:

It’s not a glitch. You just can’t make them without valid theme park admission. I check in on 1/11 and my AP expires on 1/12 - I cannot make any FP+ selections passed the 12th and I don’t check out until the 16th. Annoying indeed, but it’s technically not valid.

This is not a glitch…but…dana got me to thinking again …ie the need of having an actual park ticket…what will become of school groups who can’t possibly have park hoppers ahead of time…groups such as choral or band groups who travel to WDW for competitions. This is near and dear to me since my DD is a Music director and will be taking the kids every 4 years or so…

Will there ever be any possibility for the kids. ( and adults like me who chaperone) ever get a FP+ reservation? or will groups now just have to wait in the stand bye line for everything…

Not sure if it is much consolation and I know the FPP stuff is all a moving target and changing day to day, but when we were there in mid-October, we were able to switch our FP selections once on property and get basically anything, including TSMM. If I remember correctly, the times were not necessarily ideal but there were some time slots available. We didn’t end up going to DHS at all so I didn’t actually reserve any TSMM FPs but they were available.

I don’t know how group will be handled. I think once they get it the way they want it for resorts guests, they can decide or roll out to who they are adding on.

I experienced the same in both October and September. It was super easy to change times. I am going to assume Disney has a final game plan. With this much time and money invested, I find it hard to believe that there isn’t an ultimate goal that will make this easy for everyone to use. I know it’s hard to seem the light at the end of the tunnel during this testing stage, but I am trying to remain positive and learn as much as possible in order to help others later.

This is one I am paying attention to. Disney has until the end of May to figure it out, because that’s when our middle school band is going and it’s all about ME ME ME (or rather, my son. :laugh: )

It’s definitely a different kind of Disney trip—when going with a big group! I chaperoned DDs school back about 10 years ago—and we decided then that you just have to tell yourself that you won’t do everything. Usually they only get 1 and 1/2 days in the parks—because they are performing before judges and need to be “ready”. (I am assuming yours are going for a band competition??) Because of the time of year,the parks weren’t overly crowded and we did get a considerable amount of things done—but DD and I said that we would resign ourselves to the fact that we would have to go back…and we did…the next year . That’s where she wanted to go to celebrate her HS graduation—and her 19th birthday. Isn’t it nice that she wanted to spend her time with her dear ole Mom? :wub:

PS—There were a couple of major attractions we never made it in to…it was hard to get FPs when the bus didn’t unload us early enough…Still—a trip to WDW is a trip to WDW!!! Have fun!!!

One of my few regrets as a parent was that I was never able to organize a trip to the WDW Softball Tournament for any of my teams. I had the whole thing worked out but just couldn’t get it past the softball overlords ( whose children were a different age then my DD ).

Have fun an be sure to let us know how it turns out.

-Harry

As I said, I was mostly venting.
However I maintain that this is a glitch in the system. And by Webster’s definition, it is: “a minor problem that causes a temporary setback”.
Anyone wanna argue with me on this point?:pirate:

I’ll work it out, just not as quickly as I’d like. After all, it’s $240 I wasn’t planning to release until next month. And it’s only that amount because that’s the down payment and first payment for two APs. Funny how I haven’t gotten a renewal notice informing me that I get a discount for renewing by X date, much less any renewal notice.

As for FPs and wait times when we’re there, I believe that crowds will be low those days. Mid week, two weeks before Christmas. Also, crowd predictions for the Dec 10 Christmas party are the lowest with Dec 3 as number 2. But I just want to be confident that I can get in the things I want to do during a short trip. Especially when I want to try and tape the Osbourne Lights with DHS closing at 7 PM the days we’re there.

I haven’t done anything with FP+, so bear with me if this a dumb question. DH and I have APs, DS and DDIL will have 10 day passes. I will have to add all the tickets before we can book any FPs, right? The APs runs out a day before the end of the trip, will it be an issue booking a FP for DS and DDIL only?

Yes, you will have to add the “will call” ticket number or number on the back of the ticket. Link it under “link bands or tickets”. If you get stuck, let me know. I would be happy to help you.

[QUOTE=smallworld;1139949]It’s definitely a different kind of Disney trip—when going with a big group! I chaperoned DDs school back about 10 years ago—and we decided then that you just have to tell yourself that you won’t do everything. Usually they only get 1 and 1/2 days in the parks—because they are performing before judges and need to be “ready”. (I am assuming yours are going for a band competition??) Because of the time of year,the parks weren’t overly crowded and we did get a considerable amount of things done—but DD and I said that we would resign ourselves to the fact that we would have to go back…and we did…the next year . That’s where she wanted to go to celebrate her HS graduation—and her 19th birthday. Isn’t it nice that she wanted to spend her time with her dear ole Mom? :wub:

PS—There were a couple of major attractions we never made it in to…it was hard to get FPs when the bus didn’t unload us early enough…Still—a trip to WDW is a trip to WDW!!! Have fun!!![/QUOTE]

Nope- not a competition, just a performance or two. But I figure if I’m paying for a WDW trip, I want him to be able to have a shot at what he wants to do, and that means access to FP, especially since he won’t be able to control things like arriving for rope drop.

Yes that’s true—no rope drop. But ours then (and my DDs students now) have to stay in groups of 4—keeps them “out of trouble” and less prone to “hankie pankie” :slight_smile: But that makes it hard to plan ahead. These kids would form a group one minute than split off and form a different four etc etc. That’s why I am curious to see how those who are not able to make any kind of reservations ahead of time will fare with this new system…

I can’t wait to hear how it goes for you—I will most likely be going with DDs students in the spring of 2015.

so the fastpass is linked to the park ticket, right? couldn’t they also allow you to make fastpass reservations if you had resort reservations ie. link it to the room reservations. it wouldn’t totally fix this problem but it might help.

That’s exactly the thing. Disney does not want people making FP reservations that they can’t use, thereby wasting FPs for people who can actually use them. I agree with their logic. That doesn’t mean I have to like it.

Definitely not a glitch. It’s programmed so that you can’t make FP+ reservations without valid theme park admission. So while it may cause temporary setback for you, it’s not a problem with the program, and it certainly isn’t a setback for Disney.

We bought our APs on property during the crowded Columbus Day weekend and only had trouble making FP+ reservations for the day we bought our passes. Even then, we were able to get TSM for the evening. After you buy your passes, go ahead and make all of your FP+ reservations for the week. It’s really only a setback on that first day.

But it is, by definition, a glitch.
Webster’s definition: “a minor problem that causes a temporary setback”.

Is this not a minor problem? Does this not cause a temporary setback? The answer to both is yes. Therefore, a glitch.
You guys are assuming glitch only means a bug in the program or in the code.

note to self, do not cross soundgod over semantics. lol…