FP+, how can this be valid testing?

I have been reading some threads on another board of people who have FP+. They are getting the three per day FP+ and then going to the parks and using key cards, APs, even key card from a previous trip to get paper FPs. One poster said their baby was issued a key card and they were using that too. The paper fast pass aren’t linked to the FP+, so they may hold a FP+ space mountain at 10 am and have a paper FP for buzz at the time. While we were at disney, I used my AP and then tried a room key, it did work. We didn’t use the fast pass since it was only one.

So my thoughts are (a) no wonder people who have done the testing think it’s the best think since sliced bread and (b) if the testers are now getting 8 or more passes per day, doesn’t that mess up the data for the testing? What happens when the program rolls out, and everyone is limited to 3 per day? No more happy people?

I read somewhere the avg person only pulls less than 2 FP per day. Not sure where they get that number, I’m sure we used twice that much at least. We always get another FP as soon as we can.

I’m hoping in 7 months when we go again, it’s all figured out.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1138785]I have been reading some threads on another board of people who have FP+. They are getting the three per day FP+ and then going to the parks and using key cards, APs, even key card from a previous trip to get paper FPs. One poster said their baby was issued a key card and they were using that too. The paper fast pass aren’t linked to the FP+, so they may hold a FP+ space mountain at 10 am and have a paper FP for buzz at the time. While we were at disney, I used my AP and then tried a room key, it did work. We didn’t use the fast pass since it was only one.

So my thoughts are (a) no wonder people who have done the testing think it’s the best think since sliced bread and (b) if the testers are now getting 8 or more passes per day, doesn’t that mess up the data for the testing? What happens when the program rolls out, and everyone is limited to 3 per day? No more happy people?

I read somewhere the avg person only pulls less than 2 FP per day. Not sure where they get that number, I’m sure we used twice that much at least. We always get another FP as soon as we can.

I’m hoping in 7 months when we go again, it’s all figured out.[/QUOTE]

That’s interesting. You would think that Disney would have worked that out before…and of course there will always be people who get as much as they can get…

I don’t think we have ever gotten more than 2FPs in one day ever…most of the time we don’t use them at all…just on certain rides such as TS…I can’t imagine have so many to work with in one day…that would structure my whole day and keep keep me running back and forth to get to the attraction within the time limit. Too stressful for me!!!

I hope they get this worked out…you are right…false data could make a big difference.

[QUOTE=smallworld;1138786]That’s interesting. You would think that Disney would have worked that out before…and of course there will always be people who get as much as they can get…

I don’t think we have ever gotten more than 2FPs in one day ever…most of the time we don’t use them at all…just on certain rides such as TS…I can’t imagine have so many to work with in one day…that would structure my whole day and keep keep me running back and forth to get to the attraction within the time limit. Too stressful for me!!!

I hope they get this worked out…you are right…false data could make a big difference.[/QUOTE]

We always get FPs. Even if the park seems slow. I figure we can always not use them.

Testers aren’t getting 8 passes a day.
They’re getting three passes in one park, period.
If you try to enter an attraction in a different park, you lose all the other FPs for that day that you have in a second park.
As for the room key/ticket working to get paper fast passes, that has always supposed to continue with all of the normal FP rules (one at a time, etc). And your room key will only work if you have your tickets tied to the key. If you have an AP, that AP is not tied to your room key.

I was told by CMs that eventually when it’s rolled out, that you will be able to get FPs in multiple parks and that it will be three per day PER park on the wristband. But not yet.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1138796]Testers aren’t getting 8 passes a day.
They’re getting three passes in one park, period.
If you try to enter an attraction in a different park, you lose all the other FPs for that day that you have in a second park.
As for the room key/ticket working to get paper fast passes, that has always supposed to continue with all of the normal FP rules (one at a time, etc). And your room key will only work if you have your tickets tied to the key. If you have an AP, that AP is not tied to your room key.

I was told by CMs that eventually when it’s rolled out, that you will be able to get FPs in multiple parks and that it will be three per day PER park on the wristband. But not yet.[/QUOTE]

Posters on other boards are saying they are getting the three FP+ and then using room keys, APs, even old room keys to get additional paper FP in the park.

I did not have FP+. We have an AP. I got a FP. I then tried to use my room key which does NOT have any ticket on it. I got a FP with it too.

Jo-jo, I have read the same thing about room keys. Although apparently if it DOES have a ticket attached, it will only work if you go through the front gate of the park using that as your ticket… just like it used to. If you’ve got a Magic Band and use that to enter, the Key to the World w/tickets attached will not work to get a Fastpass.

And I don’t think this invalidates the test as far as getting the Magic Bands up and running, but it definitely will skew the happiness levels upward of people using both.

[QUOTE=Andrea;1138802]Jo-jo, I have read the same thing about room keys. Although apparently if it DOES have a ticket attached, it will only work if you go through the front gate of the park using that as your ticket… just like it used to. If you’ve got a Magic Band and use that to enter, the Key to the World w/tickets attached will not work to get a Fastpass.

And I don’t think this invalidates the test as far as getting the Magic Bands up and running, but it definitely will skew the happiness levels upward of people using both.[/QUOTE]

Nope. Used MB to enter then AP to pull a FP. Of course, the system only knows that I was in the park - it doesn’t know if I held my MB or the AP to the turnstyle. (I have the RFID AP.)

…I just have to threadjack here…and say that I am so totally confused about this whole new system…

For the first time in my life, I am glad that I don’t have a trip to WDW coming up…

:confused::confused:

I still don’t understand how it will benefit ME in the long run…

OK BTYRST
(back to your regularly scheduled thread)

[QUOTE=Andrea;1138802]Jo-jo, I have read the same thing about room keys. Although apparently if it DOES have a ticket attached, it will only work if you go through the front gate of the park using that as your ticket… just like it used to. If you’ve got a Magic Band and use that to enter, the Key to the World w/tickets attached will not work to get a Fastpass.

And I don’t think this invalidates the test as far as getting the Magic Bands up and running, but it definitely will skew the happiness levels upward of people using both.[/QUOTE]

I didn’t have a magic band or FP+. I used my AP to enter and then used my AP and my room key (no ticket attached) to get two fast passes.

I understand that. I was just saying that I’d also understood that it if wasn’t a Magic Band, it needed to be used as your entrance media… like your AP was… in order to pull FPs, or have NO entrance media at all attached to it… like your room key was.

But it looks like for an AP, it will work whether you use it to get into the park or not.

I’ve read that sometimes a Key to the World card, with entrance media on it, will work if it wasn’t used to actually get in the gate. And that sometimes it won’t, which is how things used to always work.

Even if you have FP+ with Magic Bands, if you use your Key to the World card to get in the park, then it’s just like it was pre-magic bands. You get your FPs the old way.

At least… that’s what I’m reading about how it’s been the last few days. Apparently it is changing on a day by day basis as they work it all out.

It will probably be different tomorrow.

I just hope it’s all figured out by the next time we go.

just remember the cost and then how that affects the TEST results…they are going to make this work,come **** and high water…

Every KTTW key new or old, ticket or not has been pulling fastpasses lately. It’s a glitch that I am sure will be cleared up soon. If nothing else it will be gone with the old fastpass system when it goes away.

**** is a banned word ooooooops

during many of our stays the old system sporadically had glitches which we very happy about when discovered…

Exactly. There has been way too much money invested.

I’m hearing that the FP machines will be going away at each ride and there will be central locations where you can pick your FPs. I know it’s true, I heard it from a bus driver. :laugh:

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1138826]
I know it’s true, I heard it from a bus driver. :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Who is a second cousin of your wife’s close friend’s aunt.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

…if it shows up on the internet in any form, it’s true right???

For every idiot doing that, there are 20 doing it the right way, so I hardly think a set of jerks are going to ruin it for all. Everyone must feel like they are “getting over” I guess:glare:

I just did this again last week, and this time picked nothing prior to going. I did some just hours before and never did I not get what I wanted. The lines were much more manageable as well, and it was not a dead park at all.

On the way to the magic kingdom one night (like 4pm) I was able to secure fast passes for Space, Splash and Big thunder and all coordinated perfectly. Not impressed? I was also able to do this for Toy Story Mania, Tower of Terror and Rocking Rollercoaster on the way to the studios IN THE AFTERNOON. At the last possible second, I secured an EE, safari and a dinosaur too - like as the bus was pulling into the Animal Kingdom.

I am going back in January to test it a third time since it will be in full roll out and see if it’s something worth pissing and moaning about then. I doubt it. This thing is the best thing since sliced bread. I don’t care who you are. Who doesn’t like saying at the last minute “Hey let’s head to MK” …and “what do you wanna ride when we get there?”…and “no problem just got us FPes that would have otherwise been GONE?” If you don’t enjoy the pleasure of that, I am not sure what to tell you.

IF you are a plan every breathing second of my vacation, you can preplan this nonsense and change you mind later if you are so inclined? What’s not to love?

[QUOTE=Dana;1138844]For every idiot doing that, there are 20 doing it the right way, so I hardly think a set of jerks are going to ruin it for all. Everyone must feel like they are “getting over” I guess:glare:

I just did this again last week, and this time picked nothing prior to going. I did some just hours before and never did I not get what I wanted. The lines were much more manageable as well, and it was not a dead park at all.

On the way to the magic kingdom one night (like 4pm) I was able to secure fast passes for Space, Splash and Big thunder and all coordinated perfectly. Not impressed? I was also able to do this for Toy Story Mania, Tower of Terror and Rocking Rollercoaster on the way to the studios IN THE AFTERNOON. At the last possible second, I secured an EE, safari and a dinosaur too - like as the bus was pulling into the Animal Kingdom.

I am going back in January to test it a third time since it will be in full roll out and see if it’s something worth pissing and moaning about then. I doubt it. This thing is the best thing since sliced bread. I don’t care who you are. Who doesn’t like saying at the last minute “Hey let’s head to MK” …and “what do you wanna ride when we get there?”…and “no problem just got us FPes that would have otherwise been GONE?” If you don’t enjoy the pleasure of that, I am not sure what to tell you.

IF you are a plan every breathing second of my vacation, you can preplan this nonsense and change you mind later if you are so inclined? What’s not to love?[/QUOTE]

Yay!! This is good news for us non-planners!! Thanks for reporting Dana!