Frankinweenie

Ok…I know this is probably “blasphemous”, but am I the only one that doesn’t like Tim Burton movies? I have never understood the popularity of “Nightmare”… Or any of his other movies…I haven’t even watched any of the all the way through…they are just too weird for me.

I am sure his latest one will be successful too…I just don’t “get it”…

It is a 50/50 thing with me, love some of them, really can live without others. Just saw Dark Shadows and was SO DISAPPOINTED. Of course I used to love watching the original with my Mom so I might have had too high of expectations.

The other one I just didn’t get was Edward Scissorhands. I have yet to watch it all the way thru.

The new one looks interesting and I am sure I will watch it at some point.

-H

Nope, I don’t care for them either. I can’t see ever watching this movie.

I too am 50/50 with his movies. Some I love, some are a big yawnfest to me.

I did hear bad reviews from friends who saw Frankenweenie though.

I don’t care for any of his movies either.

I’m not a fan of his movies. Too “creepy” for me.

Nope, not a fan.

And just the idea of this movie just creeps me out… so no.

…phew…glad I’m not the only one!!!

It’s funny this thread is here today as last night his Sleepy Hollow was on tv. I didn’t get it at all, it flips from humour to gory and I was confused as to what genre it was supposed to be. I loathed his adaptation of Alice, and yet loved Sweeney Todd. I am usually more miss than hit with Tim Burton, although I do like his casting as I am a huge fan of Helena Bonham Carter.

I not only don’t get his movies, I don’t like them. Like LMM said, they are creepy and just weird.

I was just thinking the other day…how 20 years ago, we used to look forward every fall to Thanksgiving weekend, when Disney would debut the next animated movie…it was a tradition when DD was young…that she and her Dad would go to the new Disney movie, every Thanksgiving day before dinner. It was their “thing” to do together, and I was not “allowed”!! lol I think it was my DDs way of getting to go back to see the movie a 2nd time—by going with me again later! :laugh:

I don’t think anyone is excited and anticipating yearly releases of Disney movies anymore…

I find his movies creepy and disturbing - I can remember taking my kids to see Nightmare Before Christmas and walking out half-way through - they were mad at me, but I just don’t like the vibe I get from his films.

Isn’t he married to Helena Bonham Carter? I think they are odd too. However, the makeup on Johnny Depp was amazing in Alice. Think about how different he looked from Pirates. Of course the makeup for that was unreal too.

[QUOTE=smallworld;1123325]I was just thinking the other day…how 20 years ago, we used to look forward every fall to Thanksgiving weekend, when Disney would debut the next animated movie…it was a tradition when DD was young…that she and her Dad would go to the new Disney movie, every Thanksgiving day before dinner. It was their “thing” to do together, and I was not “allowed”!! lol I think it was my DDs way of getting to go back to see the movie a 2nd time—by going with me again later! :laugh:

I don’t think anyone is excited and anticipating yearly releases of Disney movies anymore…[/QUOTE]

On that note Disney does have a lot of good looking movies coming out,

MAGIC KINGDOM!!! is what I am more than excited about, when I heard it was coming out I had tears in my eyes. For those of you who don’t know it is based on the Kingdom Keeper books by Ridley Pearson
Wreck it Up Ralph looks like the perfect for little boys!
Monster’s University… I can’t decide it will be good or not looks like we will have to wait and see!
Toy Story 4, I am also undecided about according to an interview with Tom Hanks it should be all the original voices but I don’t know how I feel about them not being Andy’s toys anymore! Once again I’ll have to wait and see!

Frozen, Tink, Maleficent, Jungle Cruise, National Treasure 3, also look like they may be good movies.
Now these are not all going to be classics but hopefully they don’t turn out to be real sucky either!:wub:

Yes…she is a good actress…but both do seem odd in interviews…

…that’s a good description …a bad vibe …

My entire family LOVES his movies. My 5 year old DS’s favorite movie ever is Nightmare Before Christmas. But we are a weird bunch. LOL!