Free App

So I get this email from Disney yesterday offering me a free app!

Except it’s called the “It’s a Small World App.” Email reads:

Experience Walt Disney’s “It’s a Small World” ride, song and lyrics
in an inspiring new way. This animated app takes readers on a
world-class adventure packed with whimsical interactivity,
beautiful artwork, and unforgettable music.

Download Today!

I’m trying to figure out whether this is a cool idea or a torture device sent out by Disney because I don’t use my Disney Visa enough.

If you would like to use this app, the website is it’s a small world for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad on the iTunes App Store

This does not work on Android devices. I’m not sure if I’m relieved about that or not.

Free it wants me to Paul 3.99 for it!

[QUOTE=Cavey;1111149]
I’m trying to figure out whether this is a cool idea or a torture device sent out by Disney because I don’t use my Disney Visa enough.[/QUOTE]

I was going to suggest that it could be used as a torture device! :laugh:

I’d try it if it was free.

Torture, definitely :pirate:

$3.99 for me too! If it were free I’d have it to try and then delete probably.

I have to agree… torture device…

PASS! FREE or not…I will not use an application named after the creepy dolls.

LOL… I can understand that but we always seem to ride it once every trip.

I dont understand why they are charging 3.99 for this…I have a free app from the Walt Disney company that has park hours, lines, dining reservations etc. It’s called MobileMagic and it was free—can’t wait to use it when we go this summer.

Why would they charge so much for the Smallworld one? I bet its for kids and they know that parents hand their phone to kids to entertain them.

[QUOTE=smallworld;1111198]I dont understand why they are charging 3.99 for this…I have a free app from the Walt Disney company that has park hours, lines, dining reservations etc. It’s called MobileMagic and it was free—can’t wait to use it when we go this summer.
[/QUOTE]

Same here. I have already played with this app. They know which resort we have and resort info is at our fingertips. Love it.

Based on what you and Smallworld said Iris, I just went and downloaded Mobile Magic from the App store and wow, I am impressed! Tons of useful info combined into one app- thanks for sharing:heart:

cool beans, Karen. I cannot wait until the day that I can put in my location being WDW. Then a whole new can of goodies will open up…errrrrr…I hope/think

Me too me too! That’s the first thing I am going to do when I get there!!

And then of course you will report on the findings :closedeye

Yes indeed…using the free WiFi…:happy:

:laugh:Yes of course, the free wifi at long last!
It will be next year before I get to try the app, and the wifi out, but I am impressed with what I have seen on it already:heart:

Agreed. I like the ride. I just like to poke a little fun at it because it’s so wonderfully cheesy!

Does anyone else remember seeing the first “it’s a small world” at the New York Worlds Fair in 1964 & 1965?

I wasn’t born yet.