Free Dining attendance

A question just came to me.

Does Disney REALLY have a limited number of free dining packages they sell? Like I can’t imagine that the guy in the room next to me does not have free dining b/c they were sold out.

If they do limit the number of packages do people still book for the month of September?

How is attendance during a Free Dining September?

Lisa

Disney usually does limit discounts to a certain number so I assume free dining is the same way.

That sure would stink, not getting the free dining like everyone else.

Yes it would. However, I’m sure there are a lot of people who don’t know about free dining and pay out of pocket or full price for the plan. If I didn’t hang out here I wouldn’t know about it.

I was just reading up about it… this is what i found…

Travel Dates: August 24 - September 20, 2008

Walt Disney World has announced the “Free Dining” promotion for the fourth consecutive year. Currently, the discount is only available to Disney VISA cardholders, though it will be released to the general public starting on April 10. With the “Free Dining” promotion, Disney resort guests who book a Magic Your Way package that includes both your Disney resort room and your Magic Your Way park passes, will receive the Disney Dining plan add-on for free for all guest three and older in their party.
For the first time, Disney World guests will be able to book the “Free Dining”, and upgrade to the Disney Deluxe Dining for the normal price difference, which is $32 for adults and $10 for children three to nine. The Wine and Dine option is also available at full price to add onto either the Basic or Deluxe dining plans.
Availability is extremely limited, and must be booked by June 22, 2008. To receive the Disney VISA cardholder discount, you must pay your deposit at time of booking with your Disney VISA, and you must pay the balance with your Disney VISA card as well, when due. As a reminder, this exact discount will be released on April 10 to the general public without the Disney VISA requirements.

[QUOTE=Daisee;850866]I was just reading up about it… this is what i found…

Travel Dates: August 24 - September 20, 2008

Walt Disney World has announced the “Free Dining” promotion for the fourth consecutive year. Currently, the discount is only available to Disney VISA cardholders, though it will be released to the general public starting on April 10. With the “Free Dining” promotion, Disney resort guests who book a Magic Your Way package that includes both your Disney resort room and your Magic Your Way park passes, will receive the Disney Dining plan add-on for free for all guest three and older in their party.
For the first time, Disney World guests will be able to book the “Free Dining”, and upgrade to the Disney Deluxe Dining for the normal price difference, which is $32 for adults and $10 for children three to nine. The Wine and Dine option is also available at full price to add onto either the Basic or Deluxe dining plans.
Availability is extremely limited, and must be booked by June 22, 2008. To receive the Disney VISA cardholder discount, you must pay your deposit at time of booking with your Disney VISA, and you must pay the balance with your Disney VISA card as well, when due. As a reminder, this exact discount will be released on April 10 to the general public without the Disney VISA requirements.[/QUOTE]

OH MY GOSH I AM FREAKING OUT.

I paid my deposit on my Disney Visa. I received free dining during the Disney Visa only period. I paid my trip balance with my Debit MasterCard. We so happened to have the cash saved up and paid it that way.

Will they take the free plan away from me? They didn’t say anything when I called to pay.

Lisa

[QUOTE=lisalovesmickey;850869]OH MY GOSH I AM FREAKING OUT.

I paid my deposit on my Disney Visa. I received free dining during the Disney Visa only period. I paid my trip balance with my Debit MasterCard. We so happened to have the cash saved up and paid it that way.

Will they take the free plan away from me? They didn’t say anything when I called to pay.

Lisa[/QUOTE]

sorry, didn’t mean to upset you. I honestly have no clue… I would call to be sure.

Lisa[/QUOTE]

I would call and see what’s going on. I would hate to be surprised at check in.

ME TOO! I bet she is on the phone as we type… hope it works out.

[QUOTE=lisalovesmickey;850856]How is attendance during a Free Dining September?
[/QUOTE]
We were there last year during free dining and the crowds were bigger than we had anticipated. But they were very manageable, so I wouldn’t worry about it!

As for taking away the free dining…I agree with DT, I would call. I can’t imagine that they would though because free dining became available to everyone. It sounds like the text that Daisee printed was issued early, when it was only available to Disney Visa cardholders.

[QUOTE=roxie;850879]
It sounds like the text that Daisee printed was issued early, when it was only available to Disney Visa cardholders.[/QUOTE]

Yes, availability was mentioned, so I attached that to show that is was limited.

Lisa[/QUOTE]

I sure hope everything works out the way you planned, let us know…:ohmy:

I was! Its all good. While I was politely and quitely freaking out on her she assured me that I would not get to the resort and my free dining would not be taken away. apparantly in my voice she could tell that I was not satisfied so she put me on hold to check with a supervisor.

She was so kind and patient. She came back and said that I was correct it does state that I should have used my Disney Visa card to pay the balance BUT the computer does not know that rule and leaves it be. It is probably just a way to get Disney Visa Card holders to use their card more. :eek:

She said another reason could be that it is an offer for non disney visa people too so its not like I could not fix the package.

Alls well that ends well!

Thanks!

Lisa

[QUOTE=lisalovesmickey;850886]I was! Its all good. While I was politely and quitely freaking out on her she assured me that I would not get to the resort and my free dining would not be taken away. apparantly in my voice she could tell that I was not satisfied so she put me on hold to check with a supervisor.

She was so kind and patient. She came back and said that I was correct it does state that I should have used my Disney Visa card to pay the balance BUT the computer does not know that rule and leaves it be. It is probably just a way to get Disney Visa Card holders to use their card more. :eek:

She said another reason could be that it is an offer for non disney visa people too so its not like I could not fix the package.

Alls well that ends well!

Thanks!

Lisa[/QUOTE]

THANK GOODNESS… I was starting to freak out for you! Sorry to have caused you panic.

That’s good news, I’m glad you called.

No don’t worry about it. You answered my original question!

Thanks a bunch!

Lisa

How very true.
Every trip I talk with so many people that don’t know any of the perks. I am so glad I joined here and learned so much over the years

I was speaking with people who are going in August and I asked if they were getting free dining and they looked at me like I had two heads! FREE DINING? NO WAY!?! I told them that I wasnt sure of the dates in aug, but that they extended into Sept and they were totally shocked! Said they would look out for it next year…

Wasnt there a post around here in May where someone booked through a Travel Agent that convinced them they didnt want free dining??? Crazy!

We added on more days about a month ago and still got free dining and today we moved our dates and we still got the free dining for our whole trip…WDW ROCKS!

Oh, and BTW, we went for free dining sept in '06 and ‘05 and it was not very crowded at all! Oh, except for a 120 min wait for Soarin’ during EMH in Epcot…I hate EMH in Epcot!!

As we have had no problem making new ADRs for Sept, I am thinking it will be even less packed…

DH & I did the free dining plan once. It was good but what we didn’t like was having to be at a certain place at a certain time. In other words, we had to plan our day around our reservations. We like to come & go as we please. For us, Disney is so much more then dining. Good thing we are all different.