*** Free Dining Confirmation ***?

One year it was actually cheaper for us to use a room discount (and not be eligible for free DP) than to take free dining by paying full rack rate! In general, the more people in the room, the more you get your money’s worth.

So, is there a rumored discount for room rates or vacation packages during that same time frame??? :goofybounce: I agree free dining isn’t a huge deal for us since there are only 2 eating (but I’ll still take it!). I’d benefit much more from a room rate discount.

WOW I sooo hope this is true. I am taking my 8yr old daughter for her first time from Sept 11-19 so this would be awesome! I also would like to know if I can book my room now and then add the free dining later when it is announced. YAY I’m so excited

Kim

I was talking to my travel agent this morning

As she has heard the rumour about Free Dining date also.
I think we may be able to get Buy 4 and get 3, plus the Free Dining.

So we may upgrade from POP to another resort.
Any suggestions?

I have just ordered the stretch SUV to get us to and from the airport from our home.
:laugh:

The free dining is a great reason to bump to a nicer resort. Last year we were bumped (at no charge) to the Saratoga because all of the French Quarter rooms were booked solid.

If it wasn’t so expensive i’d go with Animal Kingdom Lodge.

[QUOTE=Cdn Mickey;947169]I was talking to my travel agent this morning

As she has heard the rumour about Free Dining date also.
I think we may be able to get Buy 4 and get 3, plus the Free Dining.

So we may upgrade from POP to another resort.
Any suggestions?

I have just ordered the stretch SUV to get us to and from the airport from our home.
:laugh:[/QUOTE]

Are there rumors of 4+3 being extended again?! Ite ends the day before free dining begins for now. Can you take advantage of 2 offers like that? I thought you had to pick ONE?

I’m also thinking of upgrading resorts if the discount is significant enough. We’d bump up to WL or BC (or maybe BW) from CBR.

[QUOTE=TaraRae82;947176]Are there rumors of 4+3 being extended again?! Ite ends the day before free dining begins for now. Can you take advantage of 2 offers like that? I thought you had to pick ONE?

I’m also thinking of upgrading resorts if the discount is significant enough. We’d bump up to WL or BC (or maybe BW) from CBR.[/QUOTE]

I live in Ontario and at the “Florida Travel” centre near us the lady I talked to said that if you book now and get the Pay for 4 get 3 and Dining comes along you should get it too?

Travel Agent (my good friend) doesn’t think, they will drop one and offer the Free Dining

[QUOTE=kimblebee;947163]WOW I sooo hope this is true. I am taking my 8yr old daughter for her first time from Sept 11-19 so this would be awesome! I also would like to know if I can book my room now and then add the free dining later when it is announced. YAY I’m so excited

Kim[/QUOTE]
Hi Kim. Yes you can do that as I’m about to tonight. I’m going the same time you are and taking my daughter who will turn 8 on the trip. Small world. :laugh:

[QUOTE=Cdn Mickey;947235]I live in Ontario and at the “Florida Travel” centre near us the lady I talked to said that if you book now and get the Pay for 4 get 3 and Dining comes along you should get it too?

Travel Agent (my good friend) doesn’t think, they will drop one and offer the Free Dining[/QUOTE]
Hi there…I don’t think you can have 2 discounts. I think you need to pick one. For my DD and I the buy 4 get 3 free will be cheaper for us so if they extend it would be awesome

Disney Visa Cardholders can book today free dining. General public on 3/30. Dates 8/16/09-10/3/09.

WOOO HOOOOOOO This is awesome news. Looks like I will be booking my room on Monday. I’m so excited. I just want someone to confirm something for me please. I have a friend who is a castmember who was going to book a room at POP for me. I can’t have her do that AND have the free dining, right? How do I know what is the better deal? It will be me and my 8 year old daughter. I can’t upgrade to a moderate because I will be on a somewhat limited budget. We won’t be doing sit down meals every day so the counter service dining plan is great for us. If someone can make sense of this for me I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much for all your help.

Kim

[QUOTE=kimblebee;947680]WOOO HOOOOOOO This is awesome news. Looks like I will be booking my room on Monday. I’m so excited. I just want someone to confirm something for me please. I have a friend who is a castmember who was going to book a room at POP for me. I can’t have her do that AND have the free dining, right? How do I know what is the better deal? It will be me and my 8 year old daughter. I can’t upgrade to a moderate because I will be on a somewhat limited budget. We won’t be doing sit down meals every day so the counter service dining plan is great for us. If someone can make sense of this for me I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much for all your help.

Kim[/QUOTE]

Free Dining includes the regular dining plan, not the CS plan. It gives you 1 Snack, 1 Counter Service, and 1 Table Service credit per night per person. What kind of discount are you getting with the CM booking your room? Free DDP is a value of $69.98/night for you and your 8 yr old. Just multiply that by how many nights you’re staying and compare it to the CM’s discount.

[QUOTE=kimblebee;947680]WOOO HOOOOOOO This is awesome news. Looks like I will be booking my room on Monday. I’m so excited. I just want someone to confirm something for me please. I have a friend who is a castmember who was going to book a room at POP for me. I can’t have her do that AND have the free dining, right? How do I know what is the better deal? It will be me and my 8 year old daughter. I can’t upgrade to a moderate because I will be on a somewhat limited budget. We won’t be doing sit down meals every day so the counter service dining plan is great for us. If someone can make sense of this for me I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much for all your help.

Kim[/QUOTE]

You do have to run the numbers. If the CM discount saves you more $50 per night, it might not be worth it to choose free dining, since the value of the DP for you 39.99+9.99 or less than $50.

I thought the kids plan was $9.99 per night?

Ok thank you for clearing that up. I think the CM deal is $50 a night for the room. I think I will still take advantage of the free dining plan because I like the idea of not having to think about setting aside money for food every day. It’s already paid for so it’s one less thing to think about.

Kim

I thought it was $29.99…I could totally be wrong. That’s just the number I thought I remembered seeing. :blush: I’ll go check. :happy:

Well, we were both wrong. :laugh: But, you were far closer than I was! It’s $10.99 per night for ages 3-9. The $29.99 I saw was the adult price for the CS plan. I’ve looked at too many numbers in the last couple days. Ha!

Got the e-mail from Mousetrips today that says it will be releases to the general public as of March 30th

Oh No I wanted to go for 12 nights and free dining is only for 10.

Man I won’t be traveling until Oct. 24th check in I hope they will have a good discount at that time. The kids won’t be able to go a full week out of school at that time.