Free Dining dates for Fall 2012

Someone was recently looking for Free Dining this fall. Dates are Aug. 25-Sept 29
Even though this rolls out for Visa holders if the past repeats it should be available to everyone shortly. Be on the lookout.

Disney Free Dining 2012 for Disney VISA Cardholders

But please note*
It appears that all suites, campsites and 3 bedroom villas have been excluded from this offer, including family suites at All-Star Music and the new Art of Animation Resort.

Why, do you suppose, were the suites campsites and 3 bedrooms excluded?

Lisa

I’m thinking FW has been excluded from Free Dining for years, except for cabins.

On the other if you put 6 in a room with Free Dining then it becomes a very good deal for you when the cost of the room is divided 6 ways. But if you put 3-4 in a room at rack rate then the deal isn’t quite as sweet for you, but fantastic for Disney. Depending on eating habits it’s usually cheaper to pay meals OOP for 3-4 ppl and get room only discount than rack rate with free dining.

OR, I have absolutely no idea why they’re excluding those locations :laugh:

Darn, last year it started the week after we went and the parks were empty. This year, its starting the week before we arrive. We are DVC members, so never get to take advantage of the deal, so I’m okay with it not being available on my dates. There goes my chances of walking up and having availability.

Disney’s free DDP for summer started on the 26th last year. I booked this trip for August to end on the 25th, so I would be the crowd that they get hit with that last week of August. I also usually have a bounce-back offer, but not to much this time. It doesn’t matter. My resort isn’t included.

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1103405]I’m thinking FW has been excluded from Free Dining for years, except for cabins.

On the other if you put 6 in a room with Free Dining then it becomes a very good deal for you when the cost of the room is divided 6 ways. But if you put 3-4 in a room at rack rate then the deal isn’t quite as sweet for you, but fantastic for Disney. Depending on eating habits it’s usually cheaper to pay meals OOP for 3-4 ppl and get room only discount than rack rate with free dining.

OR, I have absolutely no idea why they’re excluding those locations :laugh:[/QUOTE]

You are on the right road, just didn’t finish the trip.
More people in the room means less $$$$ into WDW since a suite, depending on rack rate or special deals, would bring less $$$$ in than 2 seperate rooms. They need to get as many dollars in from room and ticket fees to offset the lost food revenue.

I am beginning to wonder why anyone would want to be a DVC owner

Yes, it would be nice to have some type of “perk” regarding dining (I guess we do, as we can now purchase the TIW cards.), but the thing I like about it the most is that I don’t have to wait for a deal to make a trip affordable. Although I did enjoy the challenge of the hunt to find the best deal out there back in the day.:laugh:

Some sites are listing the end date of fall free dining as September 27th but the Disney site confirms it is the 29th so if you are worried go with the source.

Disney World Special Offer | Disney World Deals | Walt Disney World Resort

I have a stupid question. Why is it that I can’t see this free dining offer when I go to the official WDW site? All I am seeing is the 30 % of room deal. Is it actually posted on the site already? I have cleared cookies & deleted history. What gives?:confused::blink: I thought at first maybe it was too soon and Disney just hadn’t updated their site, but it’s now a couple of days ago since I heard the news on allears. Any ideas?

Did you go to the ticket and packages link on the top right of the site? Put your mouse over it and then click on special offers.

It should be there.

[QUOTE=skunis1;1103929]Did you go to the ticket and packages link on the top right of the site? Put your mouse over it and then click on special offers.

It should be there.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Did that. I just can’t figure this out. I wonder if it’s my computer. I’m going to try another one.

Well, I tried another computer and got the same thing. The only thing I can guess is that it’s not an option for Canadian residents. I’ve never seen that before though. Oh well. I was just trying to see the options to help out someone I know anyway. Since we are new DVC members, this won’t apply to us anymore. (So sad)

I thought I read on another site someone having the same issue that lives in Canada. I would try calling Disney directly or using a Disney travel agent like Mouseketrips and see what they say.

Good luck!

I called earlier today and the CM I got said that the deal was not exempt in Canada and that we could get the same deal. She could not explain why I couldn’t see it though. She said I would have to contact support for internet services and that was not something she could deal with. Oh well, At least I know we can get the deal.

Great to hear!