Free Dining has been extended thru 12/21!

Chip and Co. is reporting the following: “Hey, everyone, Free dining has been extended thru 12/21. More details to come. There are some blackout dates.”

When he posts more info, I’ll update! :happy:

DETAILS:

A bit of a surprise given that Disney recently announced that they were going to cut back on our beloved discounts, but a welcome one nonetheless. Here are the details:

* Disney values will get the quick service dining plan.  Deluxes and moderates will get the regular dining plan. It is very economical and easy to upgrade these packages.
* The promotion covers packages, which means you’ll need to purchase at least a 2-day theme park ticket.
* The dates are as follows:  August 15 – Ocober 7, October 22 – October 28, November 12-18, November 27 – December 2, and December 10 – 21.  Note the blackout dates during ThanksgiviPop  Warner and the D23 event taking place in December.
* You must stay at least 3 consecutive nights.
* Book by August 14.
* Suites are excluded from this offer.

Remember, if you already have a reservation, you can call your travel agent or Disney and have this added. This is a very limited promotion, so call as soon as possible.

Good luck!

Read more: Free Dining Extended through December 21st. | Chip and Co. Free Dining Extended through December 21st. | Chip and Co.

Fantastic! Jen, since you’re a fellow FL resident…do you use the free DP promo? How does it work with seasonal or annual passes? Do you have to still buy a 2-day ticket in addition? I’m a little rusty/confused on this. I’m guessing that maybe you can use the seasonal/AP but just can’t get the normal FL resident discounts on rooms…? Any help/clarification would be greatly appreciated.

I’m pretty sure you have to buy a package. You can’t use this discount with any other discount. The Free Dining doesn’t work for FL residents, you’d have to pay rack rate on the room (same for PH). PH & FL Residents get their discounts throughout the year.

Right on. It seems like such a good offer, so I’m glad to know I’m not missing out. Thanks.

That’s great news for everyone going this fall/early winter.

I’m so happy! I just called and changed my reservations in Dec. to free dining and saved over $800!!!

Wow, that’s a lot of blackout dates. If we were going during our usual time this year we’d miss the whole thing. This is a really good offer for those planning to go anyway during available times that don’t qualify for other major discounts. Awesome:happy:

Good for you!!! Nothin’ like free dining…

WELOCME TO MOUSEBUZZ!!!

Lisa

Sweet have to love saving money and welcome to MB. If you love Disney like the rest of us you will love it here at MB

WOW!!! Welcome to MB! :heart:

Looks like I’ll still be cooking at the campsite. :frown:

Just called to check into the free dining for our December trip. Campers aren’t included in the deal…unless you’re “roughing it” in a cabin.

I was REALLLY hoping I’d strike gold and not have to cook…

Oh well…still going!!! :redface:

I feel like I am Eeyore with a little black rain cloud hanging over me. We are booked at the Poly 10/30-11/6 w/dining. First we got a 40% off room pin code emailed to me that blacked out that week, now this.:angry:

I really do not want to pay full price for this vacation at 6K. I always figured that they would release some sort of discount to knock a little off. Now I am worried that there won’t be any discounts for that week.:ohmy:

Well you got Halloween, Election Day and Veterans day in that window. Can you push back or ahead a week?

We already have the plane tickets and MNSSHP tickets for the 31st, so changing it is not an option at this point. This is a real bummer:frown:
Luckily it is mostly paid off.

[QUOTE=simplytall;1039254]I feel like I am Eeyore with a little black rain cloud hanging over me. We are booked at the Poly 10/30-11/6 w/dining. First we got a 40% off room pin code emailed to me that blacked out that week, now this.:angry:

I really do not want to pay full price for this vacation at 6K. I always figured that they would release some sort of discount to knock a little off. Now I am worried that there won’t be any discounts for that week.:ohmy:[/QUOTE]

There won’t be any! That is Jersey Week too . . . can you switch weeks?

[QUOTE=simplytall;1039258]We already have the plane tickets and MNSSHP tickets for the 31st, so changing it is not an option at this point. This is a real bummer:frown:
Luckily it is mostly paid off.[/QUOTE]

Nevermind :frown: You could go moderate resort, that would save a lot!

We were originally booked for POR. We will have 5 people, so we were limited on rooms to accomodate. All of the bad reports about POR had me worried and now everyone is excited about about the Polynesian. Oh, I guess I will just have to suck it up and roll with it. :crying:

Go with the POLY! You will love it! :heart: I’m sorry there is no discount for you at this time, have you called Disney just to see? Sometimes the CMs can find pixie dust and help you out!

I have called and emailed and both have not yielded any luck. I got the “Sorry, there is nothing we can offer you at this time.”