Free Dining this fall?

Hello all! Just wondering if anyone knows if Disney will be offering free dining this Sept or Oct? Thanks.

We got a post card in the mail last week for free dining 8/16/09-10/?/09.We are going for 3 days(MNSSHP) before our cruise the last few days of the Oct.I hope we get a offer for our days.IF not we will only be going to MNSSHP and no DDP.

I received an email about it a week or so ago. Here’s what it said:

[B]Enjoy FREE Dining!
Free Disney Dining Plan when you purchase this vacation package that includes accommodations and Theme Park tickets!
4-Night/5-Day vacation package
$ 1,284 *

for a family of four in a standard room at select Disney Value Resorts. For stays most nights 8/16/09–10/1/09.
That’s a savings of $523![/B]

Thanks! That’s what I’m looking for. Is there a code that they will make public?

Why do you ask?

I’m not sure about a code. I think I deleted the email too. Sorry.

[QUOTE=KittieKChick;936402]I received an email about it a week or so ago. Here’s what it said:

[B]Enjoy FREE Dining!
Free Disney Dining Plan when you purchase this vacation package that includes accommodations and Theme Park tickets!
4-Night/5-Day vacation package
$ 1,284 *

for a family of four in a standard room at select Disney Value Resorts. For stays most nights 8/16/09–10/1/09.
That’s a savings of $523![/B][/QUOTE]

I also got this email but I just checked I deleted it.

The kids don’t want birthday parties this year. Megan wants to go to Universal and Madison wants to go to MNSSHP so I thought put the 2 together and take a trip but I’m thinking under $2000 if poss[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;936442]Why do you ask?[/QUOTE]

Have you thought about keeping your DVC? You could use the money you would pay for your resort and put it toward your DVC payment? You would have a room AND your DVC. I don’t know what your payment is but it might be about the same price. You wouldn’t get free dining but you would still have your DVC and it’s good for almost 50 years.

I know that we would have almost paid for our whole contract if we had bought in in 2003. We paid thousands to Disney for just our resort and had nothing to show for it but great memories. Had we bought in then we would have had those same vacations AND had our DVC paid for.

I have gone back and forth with this so many times. I just think DVC wasn’t for me. It wasn’t really about paying the $300 monthly but the fact everytime I called to book nothing was avail. I feel stress free knowing I don’t have to worry about the $300 payment. I make 1/2 my yearly earnings on commission so its always changing even though I always make out I just don’t want to stress. I LOVED SSR and HHI but I didn’t really care about all the bells and whistles. I also think its cheaper for the kids and I to take advantage of the aawesome promos going on.[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;936522]Have you thought about keeping your DVC? You could use the money you would pay for your resort and put it toward your DVC payment? You would have a room AND your DVC. I don’t know what your payment is but it might be about the same price. You wouldn’t get free dining but you would still have your DVC and it’s good for almost 50 years.

I know that we would have almost paid for our whole contract if we had bought in in 2003. We paid thousands to Disney for just our resort and had nothing to show for it but great memories. Had we bought in then we would have had those same vacations AND had our DVC paid for.[/QUOTE]

You do have to be able to either plan ahead or be flexible to make DVC work. I’ve only booked a few trips with our DVC but we had our choice of resorts and room types. We have vacationed with our friends who have been members for years and have never had an issue with availability. I know you were trying to book Christmas fairly late and then a spring trip close to Easter if I remember correctly. Those are busy times for DVC and require some planning. We book as close to 11 months out as possible but have also had luck booking 5 months or less out.

Anyone know the public code?

I don’t think there is a public code yet!