Free Dining

It’s official, I have just cancelled my November trip to WDW solely because of the free dining promo.
Someone make me feel better, please :crying:

I will try to make you feel better, but I don’t think I will succeed. And, why did you cancel, anyway??

Start planning for a rescheduled trip. Maybe that will help??? :confused:

Repeatedly bang your head against the wall.

Oh wait, you probably already tried that.

sorry, no help here…free dining rules. are you feeling ok?

I’m not willing to cancel, but I have to say I’m feeling a bit nervous about the free dining in Dec. And not so much for the restaurants, but just crowds for the rides. We did go in Sept twice during free dining and it wasn’t bad, but this is a different time. So who knows. But in a few months after the TRs come in, you may be saying “I KNEW I MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE”.

:ph34r: Of course, you could be wrong, but I’m just trying to make you feel better. Sort of when your kid is bleeding like crazy and you say “it’s not so bad”:

Hehehe, thats funny Jo-Jo. :))

I do understand your nerves, but honestly, I am very excited about our Dec. trip. Crowds or not, we eat on property every trip, and I am thrilled we will finally get to take advantage of the free dining plan.

Here what about this, will this cheer you up?

One of the nurses from the LDR is beside herself with frustration because she can’t find anyplace to book her ADR’s during free dining. Everything is booked up.

Read my lips sister, I cancelled because of the free dining. Loard, the crowds the pushing and shoving. I think it would take most of the fun out of it for me.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;980681]I’m not willing to cancel, but I have to say I’m feeling a bit nervous about the free dining in Dec. And not so much for the restaurants, but just crowds for the rides. We did go in Sept twice during free dining and it wasn’t bad, but this is a different time. So who knows. But in a few months after the TRs come in, you may be saying “I KNEW I MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE”.

:ph34r: Of course, you could be wrong, but I’m just trying to make you feel better. Sort of when your kid is bleeding like crazy and you say “it’s not so bad”:[/QUOTE]

yes, the crowds for the rides. I don’t care about the restaurants because I was going alone. No need for me to have any kind of sit down meals. I can sit at any bar and eat. Like the one at the Flying Fish Cafe. What fun. I was looking forward to that, but …

the long lines in the parks and the pushing and shoving :pinch:
heehee, funny Jo-jo

:blink::blink::blink:you are weird :tongue:

I’m sorry you canceled your trip. I have mixed feelings about free dining–I’m happy for those who want it and are excited about it but I’m not interested in it so I’m glad it’s not offered when we have to travel (summer is busy enough).

No way would I cancel…way too excited. I’ll just deal with it if the crowds are too bad. I do hope they’re not awful, tho. I’ll just have to keep telling myself “go with the flow, go with the flow…”. :smile:

I understand why you canceled! I’d have second thoughts as well. We are not fans of the free dining thing(ducking the rotten tomatoes thrown my direction) either. Loved being able to travel in the off season with low crowds…blah!

Limsy…you so odd!

October - go in October! Like, in about 83 days.

I have been going the last 2 weeks of October for at least the last 10 years or so, and don’t consider it crowded. I have been there for the 4th of July many times, and that’s what I call crowded!

Hmmm things to make you feel better…ring bologna…room temp stout…HB’s coooooookies…next November’s trip will be legendary!!!:wub: Is any of this helping???

Dopey, don’t feel too bad I feel the SAME way as you. We used to go to WDW in August, which is already hot & crowded. Once the free dining started in August we stopped going & haven’t been in August since. In my opinion, it’s just miserable & there is never any flexibility available as far as dining goes. I understand why you want to avoid it.

Even though there is “FREE DINING” there is a new limit of a 5 NIGHT STAY at rack rate, along with the matching park tickets. It used to be a minimum of 3 days. That is still a lot of cash for people to come up even with free dining.

I was there during the “buy 4 get 3” and YES the crowds were a little higher then normal for March, but nothing to cancel a trip over.

Maybe you should reconsider? December at Disney is just the BEST!! Besides there are SO MANY holiday things to do . . . as a veteran attendie, you don’t even do the “normal” stuff. Well, my DDs and I didn’t anyway. We just sucked in all the Xmas, and then if a ride was available we took it. :happy: