Free Dining?

Has free dining for everyone on Sept. 29th been released? I saw on another thread where that date was released for VISA holders.

If your vacation begins on the 29th and there is free dining does it carry through for the remainder of your vacation?

Thanks!!

Yes, free dining was released to the general public in the beginning of March. Very limited availability. The dates are August 25th-September 29th.

Yep, if you check in on September 29th the free dining is good for your entire stay.

[QUOTE=skunis1;1106350]Yes, free dining was released to the general public in the beginning of March. Very limited availability. The dates are August 25th-September 29th.

Yep, if you check in on September 29th the free dining is good for your entire stay.[/QUOTE]

Yeah! Now what does “very limited availability” mean in this situation?

Thanks for the quick reply!!

[QUOTE=FairyGranmama;1106351]Yeah! Now what does “very limited availability” mean in this situation?

Thanks for the quick reply!![/QUOTE]

It basically means they have set aside a certain amount of rooms at each resort for free dining.

For example, we wanted POFQ but by the time the free dining was open to the general public and my travel agent called it was fully booked for free dining. We took our second choice of POR but could not get a standard room we had to take the Garden View. A week later all that was left for POR was Royal Guest Rooms.

Thanks skunis1! This is for my director, I went in this morning for my annual evaluation and we spent most of the time discussing WDW! LOL

She is booked thru AAA and I said that I thought free dining was available for at least her 1st day and she said her agent didn’t say anything about it?!?

So should she call her agent and tell her to choose a resort where free dining is available? Or is it too late for that? She is booked at CBR.

Thanks for all the help!

I’d call the agent. It certainly can’t hurt.

[QUOTE=FairyGranmama;1106370]Thanks skunis1! This is for my director, I went in this morning for my annual evaluation and we spent most of the time discussing WDW! LOL

She is booked thru AAA and I said that I thought free dining was available for at least her 1st day and she said her agent didn’t say anything about it?!?

So should she call her agent and tell her to choose a resort where free dining is available? Or is it too late for that? She is booked at CBR.

Thanks for all the help![/QUOTE]

You can book through May 18th. I just looked and if she is checking in on September 29th there are rooms available with the dining plan.

She should contact her travel agent and see if they can add the free dining to her reservation. If because it is already discounted they cannot add the free dining she should figure out which deal is best.

Remember you can cancel a vacation up to 45 days before the vacation and not lose a dime. She could cancel and set up a new reservation using a dedicated Disney Travel Agent.

I for one would not use AAA as they are not a dedicated Disney Travel Agent.

There are plenty of dedicated agents around to call. I use Mouseketrips and love them. I think Pixie Vacations is another one.

[QUOTE=FairyGranmama;1106351]Yeah! Now what does “very limited availability” mean in this situation?

Thanks for the quick reply!![/QUOTE]

Free dining is open to the General Public from check in dates 8/25 - 9/29. There is limited availability meaning only so many rooms per resort designated for this discount.
The resorts that are getting tough to book are Pop, POR and POFQ

[QUOTE=FairyGranmama;1106370]Thanks skunis1! This is for my director, I went in this morning for my annual evaluation and we spent most of the time discussing WDW! LOL

Thanks for all the help![/QUOTE]

CBR has plenty of availability left for FREE DDP. She needs a new ageny

Wow, She really does need a new agent! Thanks for checking on that Dana!

No problem at all. My pleasure to help. :heart:

Dana doesn’t blow her own horn. So I’ll do it for her. She’s an agent, and can get her squared away!