Free dinning for only half the trip

Hello all! It’s been awhile, life been crazy, to put it mildly!
Well, I have gotten the itch again. How can I not with all the great promos lately??!!
We would like to go for X-mas, but the free dinning ends on the 21st (I think)
If I book a trip from the 18-26 and free dinning is only for the first 4 days how will that work? Will I have to make 2 separate reservations?

This will be the first time I book a trip myself…and our first winter trip!

I could be completely wrong, but I thought if you checked in during the free dining dates, then you received free dining for the whole stay. I’m sure someone else might have more information for you, but for some reason I think that is how it works.

Oh my gosh! If that’s the case I’m in HEAVEN!

I was under the impression that you needed 2 reservations as well. I am already trying to find out for my trip, where only the first 3 night would not be covered by free food. I must know.
Let’s see if I can actually get someone on the phone

[QUOTE=Dopey;1054672]I was under the impression that you needed 2 reservations as well. I am already trying to find out for my trip, where only the first 3 night would not be covered by free food. I must know.
Let’s see if I can actually get someone on the phone[/QUOTE]

Right Dopey! What is going with the robot answering the phones!!! I really can’t find the “magic” in an automated response :glare:

NJMommy is correct. If you plug your dates into the online reservation system @ Disneyworld.com it’ll show free dining for your entire trip. Have an awesome time and enjoy the free food!!

[QUOTE=Dopey;1054672]I was under the impression that you needed 2 reservations as well. I am already trying to find out for my trip, where only the first 3 night would not be covered by free food. I must know.
Let’s see if I can actually get someone on the phone[/QUOTE]

Dopey I just did a live chat on Disney.com and the rep told me as long as you start your vacation with the promotion it lasts the length of your trip, no need for a separate ressie! :ohmy::ohmy:

WEll, it didn’t happen to me. I a plucking down $1400 and some dollars for the ddp for Jan.18-27 :pinch:

See when I did it on-line it didn’t give me the discount either for the entire stay…what is going on??

I would call back and check… it may be a pain, but it could save money…

If your check-in date falls within the free dining eligibility period, you will get the free dining discount for the entire duration of your stay, even if your check out date extends into the blackout period.

If, however, your check-in date is prior to the eligibility date you would have to book two reservations - one for the first part of your trip that’s in the blackout period, and another for the second part of your trip which would start on the first day of the free dining eligibility.

Here’s an example. For December 2010 free dining is offered from the 10th - 21st, and the 3rd - 9th is blacked out. So if your reservation started on the 20th and went for 7 nights you’d get free dining for the entire duration of your stay. However, if you wanted to check in December 6th and stay for 7 nights, you’d have to book one non-free-dining discount reservation for December 6 - 9, and another free dining reservation from December 10 - 13.

Hope that makes sense.

[QUOTE=Turnwrench;1054698]If your check-in date falls within the free dining eligibility period, you will get the free dining discount for the entire duration of your stay, even if your check out date extends into the blackout period.

If, however, your check-in date is prior to the eligibility date you would have to book two reservations - one for the first part of your trip that’s in the blackout period, and another for the second part of your trip which would start on the first day of the free dining eligibility.

Here’s an example. For December 2010 free dining is offered from the 10th - 21st, and the 3rd - 9th is blacked out. So if your reservation started on the 20th and went for 7 nights you’d get free dining for the entire duration of your stay. However, if you wanted to check in December 6th and stay for 7 nights, you’d have to book one non-free-dining discount reservation for December 6 - 9, and another free dining reservation from December 10 - 13.

Hope that makes sense.[/QUOTE]
It make perfect sense, thank you for the clarity!

I was just talking with a CM about a similar cenario for my brother. He told me that they usually offer free dining for the whole trip as long as your check-in date in in the eligible time, however in certain cases, the dining may not be included for the whole trip. OK, so I tried your dates & got free dining for the whole trip. I tried a moderate resort. Here is the link.Walt Disney World&reg - Reservation Landing
Hope you can see what I see, as I’m not sure if the site will keep the page up. Let us know if you can get free food or not . Good luck!