Free dinning upgrade question?

I have been looking at booking our next stay at POFQ but the price has gone up so much :ohmy: I can get a deal with free dinning - but its only counter service I can upgrade now in the UK but the price is very high and funds are low :crying:
So I was wondering if anyone has upgraded once they arrive at resort? and if so what sort of price are they asking for such an upgrade :redface:

Hi, Jimbo.

You are not able to upgrade once you are there, unfortunately. Port Orleans French Quarter under the UK FREE dining promo is Disney Plus dining as far as I know.

If you are going to stay at a value and then upgrade, the price is about $17 per adult, per night to upgrade…that’s seriously cheap on a free dining deal. Are you booked already? Sorry, I am a touch confused this morning it seems.

No we are not booked yet but close to booking - the UK package has changed over the past two years they now only offer the counter service package for free. It works out around $21 per person per night for the upgrade to table service. So 14 nights is a big wedge at this time around $1,000 for the two of us . Sure its cheaper than out of pocket but we would not need to eat table service each night/ Day.

Oh! Sorry, Jimbo. I am a little slow this morning:laugh: That is a lot of money over 14 days. When are you going?

Planning on September 2013 - We are coming up with so many ifs,buts and maybes. our heads are spinning :rolleyes:

I think your math is way off.

21x2=42
42x14=588.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1124958]I think your math is way off.

21x2=42
42x14=588.[/QUOTE]

:laugh::laugh: lost in translation !! yep your right $588 thanks for pointing that out for me :wacko::wacko:

So Jimbo, with the $400 plus difference, does it work better, or would you rather do two quick serves a day. Sure, there’s a lot of burgers, but there are a lot of other choices, especially with Cosmic Ray’s, Sunshine Seasons, Wolfgang Puck Express, and Earl of Sammich (that’s how we spell and say it in the States :pinch:)

Its still a lot of bucks to upgrade. We have looked at our counter service options like flame tree, cosmic rays, and even riverside. If we did the upgrade it would take our vacation cost up to $6,200 and that is stinging a little this year. without upgrade it would still be $5,100 that’s the price difference they are offering me now in the UK.
We do however love table service and make this a big part of our stay.
need to do some thinking about the pros and cons

[QUOTE=jimbo;1125042]Its still a lot of bucks to upgrade. We have looked at our counter service options like flame tree, cosmic rays, and even riverside. If we did the upgrade it would take our vacation cost up to $6,200 and that is stinging a little this year. without upgrade it would still be $5,100 that’s the price difference they are offering me now in the UK.
We do however love table service and make this a big part of our stay.
need to do some thinking about the pros and cons[/QUOTE]

If the upgrade is only around $600 for the two of you, your $5100 vacation should only increase to $5700, not $6200. Where’s the other $500 coming from?
Yes, $600 or about £240, is still a lot more than you are paying now, but is it completely out of reach, or is it possible you can cover the difference without blowing your household budget for the year?
Are you going to be OK with just eating CS food or will you still go to a sit down as many as 4 times and pay out of pocket?

Well to keep things simple the travel agent wants £3,300 for counter service dinning plan and just under £4,000 for the upgrade to table service. they advertise the upgrade for £450 (around $24 per day per person) that’s for two people not each so it should come to £3,750 - the difference they say comes from tax.
We get ripped off all ways up over here.

$6,200 is £4,012
$5,100 is £3,300
$5,700 is £3689
$600 is £388
$695 is £450
rate of $1.54 to the £1.00

the jury is still out!

“The difference is the tax”?:eek:
And I thought 6% bed tax on top of 6% sales tax was bad!
How hard are you getting slammed by your VAT?
(Now I know why I don’t even like the thought of that here :nonono2: )
Seven hundred pounds is a lot of weight for you to have to lift.
I think I’d stick with the free CS and slip in a few sit down meals out of pocket instead. Those sit downs will only carry a 6% state sales tax. Well, and the tip.:blush: That’s got to be far less.
With two CS each day, you can get a reasonable breakfast at your hotel’s food court and if you hit the right places, some very filling dinners. Plus, there’s the two snacks each day as well.

But just in case. I’d sit down with the All Ears menus and a scratch pad and see if that £700 is worth it.
Meanwhile, put down a deposit just to hold the free QS dining plan to be safe.

The pound is only worth a buck and a half?!:eek:
And I thought the dollar was weak!
When I was a kid, the pound was worth $5.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1125257]" Plus, there’s the two snacks each day as well.

.[/QUOTE]

It’s only one snack per day now:frown:

Those bast***s!!!

Is it more expensive if you just book yourself and forego the travel agent? If you are getting a deal on the flight, I understand, but if not can’t you just book through Disney directly?

Yes Jimbo, you’d be better off going through Mouseketrips and booking your own flights. I haven’t used a Brit TA for years and have always had full free dining not just QS. Mousektrips is brilliant.