Free food?

I am drawing a blank - is it possible that Disney offers the DDP for free in January?
I was looking for a history of that, but can’t find it.

We are about to rent points and to add the DDP to it, if I could get it free, I would plan accordingly

or let’s say I do add it to rented points, can I later cancel them if I need to?

blech, I hope someone has something that I can sink my teeth into :laugh:

blech, never mind, I found my answer. When renting DVC points the free dining plan can never apply.

Sooooooo, I have to see if we want to spend $1400 on food or if I want to go oop as we go.

“There’s no such thing as a free lunch”:laugh:

Oh, I might as well hijack your thread a little.
We just got back and my meal numbers were very close to my estimates.
I used TIW, which you as a DVC member can join, and got 20% off at every meal and free valet parking if I drove. There is an enforced 18% tip, but you’re still ahead of the game.
Anyway, I planned on one appetizer, two entrees, two desserts, and two beverages for each sit down meal, buffets are fixed price, and for a sit down breakfast and dinner every day, the price was only slightly more than the deluxe dining plan. We dropped Crystal Palace for Cosmic Ray’s one night because I wanted a bacon double cheeseburger. We also dropped breakfast one day and replaced that with about $26 of Food and Wine grazing. We then dropped a planned visit to Via Napoli for take home pizza and veal parm and we actually came in well under the money for deluxe dining.
If we had done the deluxe plan, we would have been stuck with as many as 4 unused meals.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1055005]
If we had done the deluxe plan, we would have been stuck with as many as 4 unused meals.[/QUOTE]

that’s been my dilemma, the leftover meals. Because one can plan and plan and still things will change. We never really use the snacks.

Really? You are renting points? How come this is the first I am hearing of this? Why was I not informed? hehehe

She never told me either. Should we be offended? I’ll await your decision.

Shtoppp it girlzzz. I have a countdown!!
I did not forget to tell you. I thought you were not interested in my beaming with glee and enjoyment.
I was just protecting you :tongue:

Hee-hee, I knew. But didn’t you change your mind and are staying at POR now?

Oh Loretta, if you only knew. I tried to rent points but couldn’t get what made sense. Then I tried to go with Buzz2001’s favorite resort and couldn’t get the right dates. So, it’s back to POR. I am bringing swiffer dusters and other stuff to get that room spiffed up if it needs it :wink:

[QUOTE=Dopey;1055288]Shtoppp it girlzzz. I have a countdown!!
I did not forget to tell you. I thought you were not interested in my beaming with glee and enjoyment.
I was just protecting you :tongue:[/QUOTE]

Ooooh - she’s taking the passive-aggresive route.:laugh:

I don’t see what the uproar is about girls.:wacko:

I have often heard that people on the DDP never use all their snacks!

I don’t understand this. We always cash in our extra snacks and bring home goodies for friends and family. Snacks are the easiest to cash in so why do so many people let them go unused?

Not being judgemental was just wondering

[QUOTE=DonnyD;1055426]I have often heard that people on the DDP never use all their snacks!

I don’t understand this. We always cash in our extra snacks and bring home goodies for friends and family. Snacks are the easiest to cash in so why do so many people let them go unused?

Not being judgemental was just wondering[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. We usually get the Deluxe DP so sometimes we’re not hungry to eat but we usually do use them for drinks, and if we don’t, before we leave we just pick some snacks up for the plane ride home. I think only once wehad a meal credit left and that was because I had a stomach virus while we were there and I didn’t eat one night.

Maybe people don’t think to take the snacks with them as they leave.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1055005]Oh, I might as well hijack your thread a little.
We just got back and my meal numbers were very close to my estimates.
I used TIW, which you as a DVC member can join, and got 20% off at every meal and free valet parking if I drove. There is an enforced 18% tip, but you’re still ahead of the game.
.[/QUOTE]

Unless that’s a brand new DVC perk, I don’t believe that’s true. You need to be AP holder or from Florida. Just being a DVC member doesn’t help.

That’s cause you’re not a girl.:happy:

I’m happy I’m not a girl.:tongue:

I’m sorry. It looks like I’m working with conflicting information.
I don’t see it in print anywhere, but I do recall hearing that DVC members are eligible to join as part of the recorded message when you call TIW’s information line. (407-566-5858) And I still might be wrong.

I can’t imagine why ANYONE wouldn’t want to be a girl…boys are so yucky!:laugh:

[QUOTE=DonnyD;1055426]I have often heard that people on the DDP never use all their snacks!

Not being judgemental was just wondering[/QUOTE]

We always grab those mickey head bars or bags of candy for our friends to share the magic!! :crying: … I could go for one of them now…