"free internet" at DVC resorts, what connection do I need?

Leaving on Wednesday morning, bringing my laptop this time. Whenever I’ve brought my laptop to Disneyland I always rely on the wireless internet connection in the resort and it’s been perfect. I’ve never connected my computer via a wire to anything in a wall. (Can’t remember what I did in WDW, haven’t brought my laptop there in awhile :blink:)

What do I need to bring to gain access to the DVC free internet, IS there Wi-Fi in the Old Key West rooms?

Thanks.

In the regular resort rooms you plug into a phone cord . . . not sure about DVC, but that is cool it’s FREE! I think it’s like $9.99/night in the resorts! :glare:

There should be a bag in the closet with the cord you’ll need, we’ve never taken or needed anything extra.

OK, so I just just plug the cord into my computer and the wall? It self-starts automatically? Do I have to like call the front desk to set up or anything…

Steph, was it easy?

It was easy for me…I’m married to an IT guy.

This is from my DH–Just turn on, plug into the wall jack, start your Internet browser, and you should get the portal (?) and then enter your DVC number off your card.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;889983]It was easy for me…I’m married to an IT guy.

This is from my DH–Just turn on, plug into the wall jack, start your Internet browser, and you should get the portal (?) and then enter your DVC number off your card.[/QUOTE]

OK, cool. I think I actually remember doing that at SSR once. Thank you. :happy: