Free Lunch In Disney

Ok I’m gonna give my best advice to any tight wads out there.

Many places in Disney have the Condiment Bars, but who says you need to buy food to partake in all of the delicious taste treats they have to offer.

My favorite one it Cosmic Rays.

Some tomato slices, a little lettus, a pickle, some salt, lots of peper and you have a great snack for free. (of course you did pay to get in the park so it’s not totally free)

Anybody else have any good variations?

Josh

Originally posted by jfmoe
[B]
My favorite one it Cosmic Rays.

Some tomato slices, a little lettus, a pickle, some salt, lots of peper and you have a great snack for free. (of course you did pay to get in the park so it’s not totally free)[/B]

LOL, I don’t know how my kids are going to go for a lunch like that. Food is usually one thing we splurge on at WDW. We usually stay at OKW, so we eat breakfast in, and sometimes dinner, which cuts down on the total expenses, but besides that, there is too many choices to pass up.

My suggestions would be the following:

1. Ice Station Cool in EPCOT. My kids love it, and you get all the free drinks you can stand. Stay away from Beverly! Fill up the kids for free. It might only last a couple of hours, and you might have to make a couple of extra trips to the restrooms, but fun to do.

2. Aunt Polly’s Landing in Magic Kingdom. Located on Tom Sawyer’s Island, Aunt Polly’s features cold fried chicken and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Prices are considerably more reasonable than other restaurants, and the food is great. It usually isn’t too crowded, and after, you can let the kids run around the island while you take a nap in one of the rocking chairs.

Thanks!

Of course, you could always eat the snow at Ice Station cool…

Of course, I am always running through that part. It is just a shock to the system to go from somewhere that is 90 degrees and 100% humidity to somewhere that is snowing. No time to stop and eat. Maybe I will grab a handful next time through.

I actually did once… I stood there for almost 10 minutes with my mouth wide open catching “snowflakes.” My glasses were caked with ice when I was done. Took about 5 minutes for the fog to go away while I was cringing at the tase of Beverly.

Ahh snowball fights in central Flordia
:stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Brave on both parts, for hanging around in the snow and for tasting the Beverly. Last trip, my brother in law bet my oldest son $5 that he couldn’t drink a whole glass of Beverly without throwing up. He did it, but it took him a while. He said he felt sick for the rest of the day. I actually don’t mind it, but I don’t think I will be ordering it with any upcoming meals.

I think Beverly is like sorbet. It’s meant to “cleanse the pallette” between courses of meals. I guess so your dessert doesn’t taste like turkey and potatoes. But does it have to be THAT icky?

I think this thread is now in the wrong place.

I from Northern Ohio so cold dosent bother me at all. Winter is actually one of my top four favorite seasons.

It would be cool is they sold thoes sodas in the shop there. Maby in two liter sizes or something like that.

Originally posted by Michael Darling
I think Beverly is like sorbet. It’s meant to “cleanse the pallette” between courses of meals. I guess so your dessert doesn’t taste like turkey and potatoes. But does it have to be THAT icky?

LOL, that’s what I understand, but anything would be better than Belverly!

Originally posted by jfmoe
It would be cool is they sold thoes sodas in the shop there. Maby in two liter sizes or something like that.

I would love that. I absolutly love the Mexican and the Chinese watermelon drink. If I could take a 2 liter bottle back to OKW, that would be great. Of course, if you extrapolate out the cost of a 20 oz. coke sold in the park to the 2 liter bottle, it would get quite expensive. :smiley:

Let’s see, doing rough rounding of
20oz = .5L
$2.00 per .5L

that’s $2.00x4=$8.00 for 2L of soda! Wow, that’d better be some really good stuff!

I actually got a free lunch at the magic Kingdom…

I was on the afternoon KTTK tour, and we got lunch thrown in free, clam chowder at the columbia harbor house ! now that was a good lunch !

Ice station cool, is well… cool ! LOL Beverly is quite gross though