Free Picture For Rewards Card Holders?

My ma just called Disney Rewards and ordered her first rewards card for our September trip.

She said the guy on the phone was really nice and explained the 10% discount everywhere in WDW…I thought it was just DtD but he said everywhere.

He also told my mom about a free picture from 1ish to 4:30ish at innovations that you can get if you are a card holder.

Does anyone know about this? Ever done it? My mom and I are card holders so would we both get a picture?

Thanks.

Lisa

I’ve heard about it, never done, but DD did last Dec. I forget what she said about it though. I plan to take advantage of it this sept too. I mean free is free.

DH and I got the free photo in August 2008 during our adults only trip. The characters change, so you never know who you’ll see until it’s your turn to step behind the curtain. You’ll get a photopass card from the photographer; just take it to the photo shop at the front of Epcot and they’ll print you a 5X7. If your both cardholders than both of you can get a photo, just remember to have your card with you.

The 10% discount is only at certain stores not everywhere. I do know that MouseGears in Epcot gives the discount.

[QUOTE=MickeyEars;1040468]DH and I got the free photo in August 2008 during our adults only trip. The characters change, so you never know who you’ll see until it’s your turn to step behind the curtain. You’ll get a photopass card from the photographer; just take it to the photo shop at the front of Epcot and they’ll print you a 5X7. If your both cardholders than both of you can get a photo, just remember to have your card with you.

The 10% discount is only at certain stores not everywhere. I do know that MouseGears in Epcot gives the discount.[/QUOTE]

So can we take 2 different pictures?

I tried to tell my mom that it was not everywhere but she said that the dude on the phone said that it was everywhere.

We have done it for the last few visits. Its great. You line up and are outside a set of curtains. They will not tell you who is there. We have tried to break them but never have any luck. When we have been there it has always been Mickey, but the others with him have varied throughout the Fab 5. It is one family at a time and you can spend as much time as you want. No rush at all to leave. You get 1 5x7 photo from that photo shoot for every Disney Visa Card. They have to be separate accounts. You choose it at the front of the park later in the day. Keep in mind if you are spending more than one day in Epcot, you can do this each day you are there. If you have Disney Visa this is not to be missed.

Is there a time frame this is available?

I believe it is either 1-4pm or 1:30-4:30pm. Just check at guest services to confirm the times. We usually go and get in line about 15-30 minutes early and we have always been the first or second family.

When we got our photo it was with Goofy and Minnie.

I see your going to the Poly, that’s where my kids want to stay. Can’t wait to hear what you think about the resort. Have fun!

[QUOTE=MickeyEars;1040503]When we got our photo it was with Goofy and Minnie.

I see your going to the Poly, that’s where my kids want to stay. Can’t wait to hear what you think about the resort. Have fun![/QUOTE]

I love the Poly!!!

I’ve gotten the free picture 2 or 3 times in the past. As long as you can get to be the first couple of people in line, it is worth it. The characters always change. You do not feel rushed at all. You must show your Disney Visa card, if more than 1 person in your party has their own account, then you can get 1 free picture per card. They put all our photos on our photo pass card and then we choose which photo to get at guest services. If there are more then 7 or 8 families in line, I wouldn’t wait, check back mid way through the time window.

We have always had Mickey, Minnie and Goofy at WDW and Chip and Dale at DL…:slight_smile:
It is fun watching DD “grow up” in the pics with the same background :slight_smile:
I am pretty sure the 10% off is off of $50 or more at any regular Disney owned store- (not carts ect) That is what I have experienced… anyone else have a different experience?

The two times we did it, it was Minnie and Goofy both times. They don’t rush you and take quite a few pictures that you can choose from. Both times we did it there was no line because we got there early. Last year we went to do it and there were probably 50 people in line and there was no way I was waiting. We also got lucky one time and they messed up the size when they printed the pic, so we got an 8x10 instead of a 5x7.

I know when I was at World of Disney on my last day and I was checking out, the woman behind the counter asked me if I wanted to save 10% by using my Disney Visa. I have one but I’ve been working on paying it off so I didn’t use it. However, I guess it’s good to know they accept it!

I think you only have to show it… not use it? I could be wrong but I thought I bought my sister something with cash but got the discount. Who knows… I was in a crazed WOD shopping mode! LOL!

I asked the woman behind the counter…I made a face and was like “but you have to use it right? :(” and she was all “yeah…unfortunately”. Maybe she did but the woman behind the counter was already a bit annoyed (I was browsing for one of those Dooney and Bourke clutches and wanted to get the pattern I liked best) so she might have just wanted to get rid of me! :laugh:

Saturday a CM at DTD told me I could get 10% off since my purchase was over $50. I also showed her the 20% off coupon that’s attached to the receipts given in the parks on all food/snack purchases right now for merchandise. I was hoping to have the discounts combined but after I left I realized they’d only given me the 20%. Bummer:frown:

Oh, and no mention of a free pic either:crying:

You only have to show your DV to get the discount, not use, at least that’s how it’s worked for us in the past.

I have gotten the pic before. You can get as many pics as you have disney visas in your party. It’s worth it if you don’t plan on meeting characters anywhere else. We had already met the fab 5 on our last trip by the time we made it to Epcot so we didn’t bother to get the pic.

I have also used the visa for discounts in stores. I’m not sure where all you can use it but I’m positive you don’t have to use it to get the discount, just show it. I just did this a couple weeks ago.

Is it one pic per trip? I was just wondering.

It is per day. If you are going to Epcot multiple days, you can do meet & greet each day and get a pic each day.