French Toast

Does anyone know if I can get the blueberry/cream cheese/french toast that they serve at CRT breakfast any where else in WDW? My then 5 yo DD had agreed to the Norway princess breakfast our last trip, but my DH insisted that we go to CRT for the above named breakfast thingie, not to mention the $140 it cost. I was hoping it was elsewhere so when we go next trip we can just use 1 TS on the dining plan and not pay thst crazy amount for breakfast!!! Thanks!!

I haven’t seen it at any other restaurant but we haven’t been to all of them. Your DH must really like that french toast to want to spend that much to get it.

Not that I know of …but my goodness that sounds delicious!!!

I’ve not had that before, but it does sound yummy. Would he consider the tonga toast at Kona Cafe. It’s pretty yummy too, and it only costs about $10.00. :laugh:

I love the tonga toast at Kona Cafe.Tonga Toast - banana stuffed sourdough bread, rolled in cinnamon sugar and served with Strawberry Compote.

WAIT! Stop the presses! We did not have this: “blueberry/cream cheese/french toast” When we were there in February '08 . . . when was the last time you were there?

Man . . . that sounds yummy, we got jipped! :glare:

Did you check the menus on allears.net . . . is it still listed?

We were there this past July. We also had it there in April of 2006- that’s when his bad addiction started!! I checked Allearsnet and it lists “french toast” and then “cheese danish” on the menu. It really was a combo of both. I really hope I can find something similiar elsewhere as my 6 year old DD just informed me she is not “into” the princesses anymore:ohmy::glare:. ( Now it is Hannah Montana!:glare:) She said she does not want to do CRT next time:ohmy:. This should be fun explaining that we HAVE TO GO for Daddy!!:laugh:

Poking around the web. Perhaps if you can’t get at WDW, you can suprise your husband with this…

Blueberry Cream Cheese Stuffed Baked French Toast Recipe

55 min | 10 min prep

SERVES 6 -8

* 1 loaf white bread, no crusts
* 1/2 loaf French bread
* 6 cups fresh blueberries or frozen blueberries, rinsed
* 8 ounces cream cheese
* 1/2 cup sour cream
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 7 eggs
* 1 1/2 cups milk
* 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
* 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  1. Cut white bread into cubes and place into the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan.
  2. Sprinkle blueberries evenly over bread.
  3. Microwave cream cheese in bowl for 2 minutes.
  4. Stir carefully and add 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup sour cream, and 1 teaspoons vanilla.
  5. Spread over blueberries.
  6. Cut French bread into 10-1 inch thick slices, place over cream cheese.
  7. Beat eggs, milk, half&half, cinnamon, and nutmeg and pour over bread.
  8. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
  9. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes covered, then uncover for approximately 15 minutes.
  10. Let set before slicing.
  11. Sift powdered sugar over before serving.

OMG!! This receipe is to die for. I can’t wait to try it. Can’t see me ever spending $140 for breakfast…no matter how good it is.

I’m sorry…I’ve just passed out.:ohmy:

That sounds so good.

Wow thanks for posting that recipe. It sounds wonderful. It might be a new Christmas morning tradition!