Frettin' about the Weather!


#1

:ohmy: Caution: Rant follows
So, I finally gave in and decided to fly to WDW. We live close to D.C. and have taken the train or driven in the past. But this year we are to fly and we go out early Sunday morning. This year’s winter has had historic preciptation with a rumor of another big one this Friday/Saturday. So, what’s a worried gal to do?
I keep envisioning having to wait in the airport for hours on end and miss out on our desperately needed yearly vacation!
Any advice for a novice flyer?


#2

Weather delays can be so frustrating!! (especially when they interfere with vacation!!!) No advice other than to watch updates from your airline and try not to stress.


#3

I live in Md so I am not too far from you. As you know this is a serious storm so keep checking for updates but at this point you might want to think about other options.


#4

What incredibly bad timing…they’ve been broadcasting all day about the transportation shutdowns and delays; airports and trains. I’m so sorry that this is obviously going to impact your vacation. I live in the Atlantic City area, and we are experiencing the same effects you probably are from this storm. I hope this all works out for you somehow…let us know!


#5

Interested to know how you did overnight…
Yesterday, I bought an extra snow shovel, salt, windshield fluid, mountains of groceries and water and so forth. I rented a full weekend’s worth of movies and have cakes ready to bake and games set to play. I was glued to my TV all day, listening to seriously bad forecasts and watching video of NYC snow trucks gearing up for a long night of labor.
And when I woke up this morning, I grabbed my coat and boots, ready to shovel… But I got to the door, and NOT A SINGLE FLAKE FELL ON MY YARD ALL NIGHT!


#6

I live in South Jersey and in the same boat you are. I would love to be flying out tomorrow. It would be nice to have sunny weather and a nice temps. I am soooooo jealous. I can deal with one snow storm but we have had too much this year. I am sure you agree. I am just waiting till Aug. when we will be going. I hope they will be able to get out tomorrow. Good for them to get away from this mess.


#7

If you are to fly out of Dulles, Reagan or BWI I feel for you. When I travel one thing I always plan for is an airport divert. If you are at all worried think about going out of another airport. Richmond or Norfolk come to mind as possibilities that were not impacted as hard as the DC locations.

I know it can be a royal pain, but sometimes the painful parts of the trip make the memories and stories.
Good luck.


#8

Let us know how you did. Did you make it on time??? I hope so!


#9

Fingers crossed that you dont get delayed to long. Just think as soon as you get off your flight you’ll def be ready to begin your relaxing vacation :slight_smile:


#10

Update:
JetBlue called Thursday afternoon and canceled our flight. Fortunately we have an RV, so we piled in to the RV and left later that evening. We have taken our time getting down here since our reservations are for tomorrow. Aside from quite a bit of rain, the trip has been blissfully uneventful. Thanks for all the well wishes!


#11

I’m glad to hear you made it…now, relax and enjoy!!!


#12

Congrats. Just something else to add to your wonderful memories. Have fun.


#13

Glad that you are missing that storm. What a coincidence… Lucky for you that you were not stuck with a flight that you could not take…


#14

[QUOTE=MRSJCD3;1017069]Update:
JetBlue called Thursday afternoon and canceled our flight. Fortunately we have an RV, so we piled in to the RV and left later that evening. We have taken our time getting down here since our reservations are for tomorrow. Aside from quite a bit of rain, the trip has been blissfully uneventful. Thanks for all the well wishes![/QUOTE]

Glad you had a plan B. Have fun!!! NJ will be getting another snow storm Tues night into Wednesday. I think its is coming from the south so we will probably get hammered again. I would love to get out of this cold state. Well have a good time while it lasts winter is not over :mad: Tell Mickey and Minnie I said I will see them in August.


#15

[QUOTE=MRSJCD3;1017069]Update:
JetBlue called Thursday afternoon and canceled our flight. Fortunately we have an RV, so we piled in to the RV and left later that evening. We have taken our time getting down here since our reservations are for tomorrow. Aside from quite a bit of rain, the trip has been blissfully uneventful. Thanks for all the well wishes![/QUOTE]

What a great plan! So very glad you worked it out, and I send warm wishes for a terrific vacation!


#16

P.S. Way to go JetBlue!!! They did the same upu here, letting people know to stay home because there would be no flight. Way better than sleeping on the floor at the airport!


#17

nooooooooo!!!