Fridges at POFQ

Ok, so in June my 3 oldest kids, mil, fil, and niece are going to POFQ. My dd is on HGH shots and cannot miss more than 1 dose a month (Her Pediatric Endocrinologist is adamant about this.) So have the fridges gotten better or what? Every time we go they’re not that coldest thing around. It got to the point last June (before HGH) that I used our ice bucket to keep things cold in there.

Is there a way I can get them to make sure it’s freezing cold? I need her meds to be kept at around 32*-38*, just before freezing. If I send her and the vial gets too warm for too long, it’s good bye $1,000 vial. :crying::eek:

Would it be possible to preloaded the syringe so you don’t have to risk the entire vial? I used to send meds to school with a single dose packed in a small Tupperware container and then placed in a tupperware cup filled with ice. You may just have to repack with ice everyday if you can’t trust the fridge.

I might call the resort. There might be something special that they can do to ensure it is cold…

It’s dispensed from the vial itself. It’s a digital syringe, which also has to be protected from moisture. So the fridge works better than packing it in ice. Since Ziplocs aren’t 100% leak proof. Plus with them not in the room from 8-midnight it might be hard keep it from being in melted ice. Worst case I start experimenting w/ ways to keep it cold and not wet. This is our 1st trip w/ her on the growth hormones. I was just hoping someone could say ‘yeah they are new fridges’, etc.

That’s my next move. Now all I need is the ressie # or for fil to call and ask about it. Thanks.

You may want to try below. We use it for ds’s insulin. It works great for traveling.

FRIO COOLING WALLET

To activate your Frio Wallet, it is simply immerse in cold water for 5-15 minutes (depending upon the size.) Crystals contained in the panels of the Wallet then expand into a gel-like substance, and remains in this form for several days. Keeps insulin cool for over 45 hours for each immersion period. Activated by cold water only - no need for ice, refrigeration, or even electricity. Light and compact (between 29gms and 66gms) ( 1 to 2 oz) You can keep on using it over and over again - either continuously or intermittently, the choice is yours!

[QUOTE=bethishooked;1077617]You may want to try below. We use it for ds’s insulin. It works great for traveling.

FRIO COOLING WALLET

To activate your Frio Wallet, it is simply immerse in cold water for 5-15 minutes (depending upon the size.) Crystals contained in the panels of the Wallet then expand into a gel-like substance, and remains in this form for several days. Keeps insulin cool for over 45 hours for each immersion period. Activated by cold water only - no need for ice, refrigeration, or even electricity. Light and compact (between 29gms and 66gms) ( 1 to 2 oz) You can keep on using it over and over again - either continuously or intermittently, the choice is yours![/QUOTE]

Looks like a good option to me. I know that POFQ got a complete over-haul, but not sure if the fridges were part of that. We used them last August and they kept everything VERY cold, but we may have gotten lucky. You can also ask the resort to keep it for you in one of their storage fridges…it’s an option.

I would call the resort and ask them the best way to handle/store your medications. If they cannot ensure the temp can be maintained in the mini fridge I am sure there are other storage locations on site. It might be a pain, but HGH therapy is too important to get off track. Either way I would also pack a small but accurate thermometor to monitor the temp.

Hmmmm…I’m going to talk to fil about all this hopefully tonight and get him or I to call to request a cold fridge lol. Seriously, in the last ohh 4 trips we have had 1 fridge actually be really cold between a total of 8 rooms stayed in. The rest were semi cool.

A call early in the process is always the best. Disney has always bent over backwards for us with the fridge issue. Just let them know what is going on. I know you are not the first with a medication issue they have delt with.