Friends & Family Rate for Aug 30 - Oct 1st

Hi,
I just received an email about $199 rate available to friends and family from Aug 30th - Oct 1st. It is for a 1 bedroom villa at Saratoga Springs or Old Key West. You would need to attend a 90 minute tour during your stay to receive the rate. Please PM me if you are interested (you need a memeber name and hometown when you call to make the reservation). We love our DVC membership, and I think this is a great way to check it out.

This is the email:

[I]Your friends & family do so much for you, so why not give them something that can do so much for them!

When you share this limited time offer with your friends they can enjoy the fantastic accommodations of the Disney Vacation Club, like the comforts of Disney’s Old Key West Resort or Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa.

$199* per night (plus tax)—
for stays most nights 8/30 - 10/1/09
in a One-Bedroom Vacation Home
that’s a savings of over 45%!

Your friends can also learn about all the other benefits of Membership when they experience a Disney Vacation Club Open House Tour during their discounted stay. (Tour required for special rate.) See details below.

Friends and family should call between the hours of 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. (EST) Mon-Thurs, and 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. (EST) Fri. and Sat. They should call before October 1 for travel between August 30 - October 1, and will need to provide referring Member’s name and hometown.

Offer valid most nights from 8/30 - 10/1/09. The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Savings based on the non-discounted price for the same room. No group rates or other discounts apply. Advance reservations required.

Open House Tour must be conducted on or before October 1, 2009, and must occur during your stay. You must stay between August 30, 2009, and October 1, 2009, and book travel prior to October 1, 2009. All accommodations are subject to availability. Advance reservations required and reference booking code must be given at time of booking. In order to take advantage of the offer, attendance at a 90-minute Open House Tour prior to check-out is required or the full value of the accommodations will be charged ($390 per night, plus tax for a One-Bedroom Vacation Home). Other room types may be available at other rates. If married, both spouses must attend the Open House Tour together. Participants must be at least 25 years of age and show valid photo ID. Any cancellation of a reservation requires notification 5 days prior to check-in date to receive a full refund. Disney Vacation Club Members are not eligible. First night’s deposit by credit card is required to secure the reservation. Gratuities, meals, Walt Disney World® tickets, other expenses incidental to the use of the accommodations, and transportation to/from the Walt Disney World Resort are not included. Restrictions apply. Offer not combinable with any other offers or discounts and terms, along with prices, are subject to change or termination without notice.
[/I]

I didn’t get the email but I read about this on another board. Looks like DVC is really pushing sales right now.

I know! Although…I wish I could use the rate to book. $199 a night for the 1 bedroom suite is a great deal. It’s a pretty good way to get new people try out DVC…it’s pretty hard not to fall in love with the accomodations.

[QUOTE=Goodegirl2007;979364]

If married, both spouses must attend the Open House Tour together.
[/I][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

And what if you’re married, but your spouse doesn’t come on the trip with you?
Does that mean you can’t book the room?

[QUOTE=jo-jo;980285]And what if you’re married, but your spouse doesn’t come on the trip with you?
Does that mean you can’t book the room?[/QUOTE]

I called the number to ask your question, and the CM was not sure of the answer.

If you are interested in calling and see if you get a better answer, this is the number and offer code
To book this offer and schedule an Open House Tour, friends and family should call (321) 939-6977 and ask for booking code GEJ

(you will need a DVC member name and home town as well - you can use Christina Goode/Hackettstown, NJ - or maybe you have someone else’s info that you want to use - no problem…I just hope some people can take advantage of this great offer - and I think some will actually buy DVC once they see it…it is awesome!!)