Frontierland flash mob:)

Frontierland Hoedown Happening flash mob with Disney characters at Magic Kingdom - YouTube

Oh, what fun! Looks like it was an opportunity for CMs who don’t usually get to perform to get their groove on. :wub:

I was thinking the same thing :wink: If they aren’t careful, I may learn the routine and join them the next time we are there!:blush:

I’m not sure when that one was recorded, but when we were there 3 1/2 weeks ago they were taping a flash mob on Main Street. They were trying to get as many people as possible to join in!!:laugh:

This happens every day. This is the fairly new entertainment offering in Frontierland. Those are entertainment CMs dressed in the costume of Frontierland workers so you never see it coming. We don’t advertise it so that it completely catches everyone off guard.

Aw, too bad for the non entertainment CMs. But, it’s still very cool:)

Okay… I’m not trying to be mean… but that being the case, how come they aren’t better dancers?

Hey Matt

Does Brer Rabbit do meet n greets yet? I’ve always wanted my pic with him!!

I was thinking that too!!

Rehearsals at my place this Tuesday, for anyone interested. Bring your legwarmers!

:laugh:

You are so mean!:eek::laugh::laugh:

I was wondering that, too - but I think it’s because they want to make it a simple dance so that everyone can join in.

The guys totally looked like dancers to me, but some of the girls that joined in towards the end didn’t quite have the dancer look.

OUCH! :laugh: Because this isn’t supposed to be a show like that. The choreography is deliberately done that way to (a.) make it easier to follow for our guests and our friends in fur, and (b.) to pull off the illusion it’s not entertainment people performing. :tongue:

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1089386]

The guys totally looked like dancers to me, but some of the girls that joined in towards the end didn’t quite have the dancer look.[/QUOTE]

We have a tendency to hire the best dancers in the world, but they’re not always in the same shows together. Some do have more experience than others, but look at the rezzies of some of our performers, particularly my girlfriend and you’ll be blown away at the talent that I’m surrounded with on a daily basis :biggrin:

Why not just… NOT have entertainment people performing? :laugh: If it was simplified a little, it would be easier for the furry friends, something that all CMs could learn in training and perform whenever needed, and maybe even guests could pick it up and join in!

Maybe it would be too difficult for the schedulers of the regular Frontierland areas to work that into their regular schedules? The regular popcorn cart CM can’t just abandon his post completely to boogie down. :laugh: But it would be fun for everyone to get in on the action somehow!

[QUOTE=PrincessJill;1089368]I was thinking that too!!

Rehearsals at my place this Tuesday, for anyone interested. Bring your legwarmers!

:laugh:[/QUOTE]

Agreed! I think we owe it to ourselves to memorize the steps and get out there!!! THAT would be a great Disney vacation story!

PAHAHAHAHA!:biggrin:

[QUOTE=PrincessJill;1089368]I was thinking that too!!

:laugh:[/QUOTE]

Legwarmers? I think mine are at the dry cleaners, I’ll have to pick them up before rehearsal!:wink:

True… I was thinking maybe it could be a separate task that pops up now and then. But that would take a lot of CMs with time to spare… which I realize, now that you mention it, would probably never happen!

I rescind my suggestion. :blush::laugh:

I am totally serious about this! If any MBers are ever in Disney and want to jump in on a Frontierland Hoedown, I’m THERE!

Fresh clean legwarmers… is there anything better??