Frustration over 2011 Point Charts

Is there anyone else feeling frustrated that the 2011 Point Charts are not out yet? I know that the 2010 charts came out in late January last year but my understanding was that was somewhat late for them to be released.

We have been holding off on making plans for some of our banked points from last year and current points until we see the 2011 points so we know how many points we need to use for our big family trip in April 2011. I am nervous about another point reallocation like last year that will require us to use more of our 2010 points for the big trip.

I generally don’t like to complain and I know the charts will come out in good time, but it is making it diffcult for us to plan a quick trip we wanted to take in March. At this point, there is not really much available for the time we wanted to go and I am nervous about buying airfare without knowing for sure if we will be taking the trip.

Guess I just needed to vent a little. Thanks!

They can be notoriously un-reliable about getting the points charts out. The WORST is always Disneyland. Last time I called I was going to try to book a Disneyland trip 7 months in advance & the points chart wasn’t even listed yet!!! Umm, hello, we are allowed to BOOK at 7-months out! How was there no points chart?!?!

Sorry you are frustrated, hope it works out soon.

Thanks, Jess.

I think it is my overplanning OCD that makes it worse! LOL

I don’t know what is going on the week of 3/14 but every state in America must be on Spring Break because there is almost nothing available, at least for studios. Not even OKW! Even MS was surprised when she saw that!

[QUOTE=KarenWDWCP;1012619]Thanks, Jess.

I think it is my overplanning OCD that makes it worse! LOL

I don’t know what is going on the week of 3/14 but every state in America must be on Spring Break because there is almost nothing available, at least for studios. Not even OKW! Even MS was surprised when she saw that![/QUOTE]

I have an inkling that a lot of University & College Spring Breaks are that week. I am in grad school & looked at my University’s calendar; sure enough those are the dates listed as “Spring Recess.”

In my Michael Jackson singing voice “You are not alone!” I am trying to plan my points out for a big trip with the extended family in 2011. I know how much it took for 2009, but since it is going to be more ppl going I want to know do I need to save all of 2010.:pirate:

Sounds like you are having the EXACT problem that I am. I know how many points I will need if everything stays the same, but after they reallocated some points last year, I am nervous to make any assumptions!

Exactly! I do all of the point crap, and my husband would kill me if I assume that we will have enough points and we don’t. We used 205 points and that was a two bedroom and two studios. We will need that plus two more studios, so I need the point chart asap. I know I will need some of 2010, but not how many and I want to see if I can plan a small getaway for 2010 for the excess.

Even though we do not have a WDW trip planned, I’m curious about the new DVC property in Hawaii that opens in 2011…could that be causing the delay in the releasing of points?

Hmmm, maybe that is it. I do want to go to Hawaii to see the resort Steve Harvey raved about that he stayed at with DVC, but I want to see the new resort also. Hawaii is my dream trip. Anyhoo I am curious to see when the new points do come out.

Check out this free program. Once you set up your contracts, it’s pretty easy to use. It may still say beta or pre releaste but I’ve been using it for a long time (since it really was beta version) and have had almost no problems with it.

Dave has put A LOT of time into this program, and even incorporated some of my suggestions - the contract point balance report!

Welcome and Background of the MyDVC Tool

I use it all the time for quick points checks too.

does it have the points for 2011? the dave you refer to is it the one that helps folks rent their DVC points?

Yes - may not be official but I’ve found them to be right on. Dave keeps the charts up to date, and he had BLT points in the program almost immediately when they came out.

I don’t think this Dave is the same person. I know that there is a guy who rents points for $13-14 and pays the owner like $8-9 from what I understand. He apparently handles rentals for a lot of DVC owners.

I’ve never had problems renting points, but some people just would rather have someone else take care of it for them. Being in real estate (and a landlord) I understand that! :laugh:

Of course, DVC is grumbling about “commercial renters.” But I think they would really only have a legal argument if the person renting for another owner receives compensation for renting the points which makes them an unlicensed real estate agent. Lots of luck trying to get some state to enforce that.