Fulton's?

I am not finding many mentions of Fultons - anyone have anything to share? reviews and pics are welcome!

This place is terrible IMHO.

I went there in back in 2002 and it was the best seafood meal I had had in a long time but when I went back in 2009 the place was totally different. I don’t know if they changed management or they just got cheap but the calimari I had was frozen from a box and the crab claws were just ok. (I had actually remembered what I had from 2002 and liked it that much that I ordered it again…what a disappointment.)

It was my first wedding anniversary and they were nice and brought us a piece of chocolate cake for free. After the first bite my DW and I could not eat anymore because it was the worst piece of chocolate cake we ever had.

I would say skip it and go somewhere else.

I’ve never had a bad meal there, although they really did need to rip up all the old carpet and put in new. I’ve eaten there perhaps a dozen times since 2001.
I will say, I can’t recall eating there since 2009.

I wont eat there again. 3 years ago we tried them for Dinner and 2 of our 4 meals were cold and we sent them back. When they asked if they could try again we said no thank you can we have the check. They still tried to charge us for the 2 meals until I had a conversation with the manager.

I haven’t had a bad experience at Fulton’s yet. In fact I think it might be one of my favorite places. Baloo and I usually go at lunch when it’s a little cheaper. We both love the spread they bring you… I can’t even remember what’s in it now, I just remember that it’s delicious! I may be swayed by the fact that I’m eating on a big paddle boat, which I think is just too fun, but I really do like the place.

I’ve had the crab cakes, lobster & shrimp roll, and (on a rare dinner visit) the baby shrimp & roasted fennel pasta. Baloo’s had the crab cakes also, fish & chips, and (dinner) the fried seafood combination - popcorn shrimp, cod, and fries. We’ve both really enjoyed what we’ve had so far.

We were thinking lunch - prices seem great and menu looks yummy. Almost all of the reviews I can find are old (2009-2010) and are mixed - either great or awful.

[QUOTE=PrincessJill;1092848] I may be swayed by the fact that I’m eating on a big paddle boat, which I think is just too fun, but I really do like the place.

[/QUOTE]

I love you for being charmed by the paddle boat! :laugh: :wub: :laugh:

We stopped eating there a couple of years ago, but it used to be a favorite of our entire extended family. The last few times we didn’t enjoy our meal at all.

Shhhhh Don’t tell her it’s really just a building with a below the water line basement.:mickey:

:laugh: I am easily amused!!

What?? No way. It’s CLEARLY pixie dust that keeps the boat perpetually floating. :mickey:

The very first time we had lunch there, it was 50/50. That was in 2007. Since then, we have made it a tradition to go to Fulton’s on arrival day for lunch and sit at the bar. They have a great seafood tower and raw bar. Also the spread that Princess Jill was talking about is great, we usually get that on the house. Anthony makes a mean mojito. We love the place.

When we were there in January they had just changed management. The manager of a restaurant in the Epcot resorts took over, or so I was told. He took me through the entire place, pointing out some interesting things. I took a million pictures and left my camera in a bathroom in Epcot the next day :sad: I never got it back :angry:

Recipe
Fulton’s Crab Boursin
Fulton’s Crab House
Downtown Disney

INGREDIENTS

3 lb. cream cheese
1/2 cup roasted garlic
1 TB chopped green onions
1/4 cup fresh basil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 TB Prepared Horseradish
2 TB crab base or crab meat
1/4 cup roasted red peppers
1 TB hickory-smoked mustard (Note: If you cannot find smoked mustard, check your local supermarket for a bottle of liquid smoke. Use approximately 1/2 teaspoon.)

METHOD OF PREPARATION

1. Mix all ingredients except cream cheese in a large mixing bowl.

2. Cut cream cheese into small cubes and place them in the mixer.

3. Mix cheese until smooth. Stop, scrape sides and mix again.

4. When cream cheese is smooth, add the rest of the ingredients to mixer. Be careful not to over mix.

Store in covered container and refrigerate up to 7 days.

The recipe for their milk chocolate creme brulee is also on line.
I’ll post it is someone asks.

The boursin is a signature item, but you can have all you want gratis as it’s used as a bread and cracker spread.

Thanks everyone! I think we’ll give a go for lunch one day!

[QUOTE=Dopey;1092929]
When we were there in January they had just changed management. The manager of a restaurant in the Epcot resorts took over, or so I was told. [/QUOTE]

If this is the case, then it is very possible that things had been slipping and finally, the management at Levy Restaurants decided a change had to be made.
That said, a lot of progress could be made between then and now towards getting Fulton’s back on track and re-establishing their reputation.

I still say, I haven’t had a bad meal there, but I’m a bit hazy about when was the last time I ate there.

I think you will get mixed reviews with many of the restaurants at WDW. I would just take a leap of faith and try it out. You never know! Experience it for yourself.

I’d like to add.
There are quite a few times we had lunch there before heading for home.
Almost always I’ll have the rock shrimp and let me tell you, after a bowl of lobster bisque, I can’t finish the whole entree. Neither can DW, especially if we want creme brulee. (No soup for her)
So the leftovers end up being a full meal when we get home.
Lunch certainly costs less than dinner, although if you desire something from the dinner menu at lunch, they will gladly make it for you.

mmmm…creme brulee. lobster bisque. I could be happy with just those two and a salad :slight_smile: yummy!!

Here’s how they serve the bisque.
They bring out the bowl dry, with only a lump of lobster meat in the middle.
Then they pour the bisque over the meat tableside. Stir once and serve.

“Would you like some freshly ground pepper with that?”

oh, ok… now you’ve done it. i am drooling. thanks.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1093404]Here’s how they serve the bisque.
They bring out the bowl dry, with only a lump of lobster meat in the middle.
Then they pour the bisque over the meat tableside. Stir once and serve.

“Would you like some freshly ground pepper with that?”[/QUOTE]

whoa. I must try the bisque next trip!! Thanks for sharing that delectable bit of info!