Fun Stuff: Evil Disney Princesses

What do you think? Kinda scary . . .

article

[I]"There’s been a lot of noise coming from Marvel fans over the Disney/Marvel merger that was announced last week. Fanboys the world over have lambasted the House of Mouse and have predicted Disney injecting it’s “fluffy” mood into Marvel’s serious and gritty universe.

But what if things went the other way? What if Mickey Mouse suddenly realised he was a mutant living in a world that hates and fears him? What if Disney Princesses suddenly found themselves possessed by the spirit of the Phoenix – laying waste to all in their path?

Chances are slim to none of course, but JoBlo asked the same question and managed to track down some fantastic artwork by Jeff Thomas which could serve as an example of “evil” Disney Princesses. These pieces were not drawn as a result of the merger (they are several months old) but they are truly fantastic and so I couldn’t resist posting them.

Check out villainous Disney Princesses in our below, there are more over at Jeff Thomas’ website and I’d strongly suggest heading over to take a look!"[/I]

Here are a sample of a few:

I mean art for interpretive sake, it’s neat, like if that was just my nighbor doing that art I’d say, “wow, that’s cool.” But never in a million years would I want Disney to go that direction. Personally, I am just too Disney purtitanical for this nonsense. :laugh:

I am still a little freaked out over the Marvel thing but I don’t think it’s going to be as obvious and in your face as people are expecting. I think it was more of a business, financial move. Well, at least I hope so.

I agree with you Wishy! Disney is pretty smart, I doubt they would EVER mesh the two together. If you think about it, there is an entire Star Wars area over at HS, and I could see a Marvel area . . . it would be cool to see the character there . . . in their own section.

whoa those were awesome, in a really disturbing way!! :laugh: I think Sleeping Beauty was my favorite, with her captured good fairies.

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;990079]I mean art for interpretive sake, it’s neat, like if that was just my nighbor doing that art I’d say, “wow, that’s cool.” But never in a million years would I want Disney to go that direction. Personally, I am just too Disney purtitanical for this nonsense. :laugh:

I am still a little freaked out over the Marvel thing but I don’t think it’s going to be as obvious and in your face as people are expecting. I think it was more of a business, financial move. Well, at least I hope so.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. That’s exactly how I feel!

Ha…I have to add that I kinda dug the Jane one! :laugh: Pretty cool interpretation!

I like the Snow White with the Dwarfs on a leash

I was just at the mall w/DD a few hours ago and we SAW these shirts! Ewww! I saw a Mickey one at Hot Topic in the window. Of course I stopped b/c I saw my mouse. Then I saw the rest of the shirt!
I love Halloween and creepy stuff but somehow this is just too wrong.

[QUOTE=zoey9797;990752]
I love Halloween and creepy stuff but somehow this is just too wrong.[/QUOTE]

I agree this is just WRONG. Disney is happy, magic, carefree, fun… we need more of that in this world. There is enough of the other stuff in the newspapers and on the news.

[QUOTE=zoey9797;990752]I was just at the mall w/DD a few hours ago and we SAW these shirts! Ewww! I saw a Mickey one at Hot Topic in the window. Of course I stopped b/c I saw my mouse. Then I saw the rest of the shirt!
I love Halloween and creepy stuff but somehow this is just too wrong.[/QUOTE]

“Halloween and creepy” are the perfect way to describe them! :laugh: