Fun stuff to do in disney world!

hi everyone ive been to disney so many times now, but now i have kids of my own id like to do special things with them. any ideas? id like to kno bout anything other than rides and charecters cuz thats all ive done. what else is there to do? thanks:happy:

We just got back from a trip with my DGDs and some of the non park stuff was watching a movie on the beach at BCV, getting a “kitchen sink” at beaches and cream, and animal watching at AKL. We were staying there, but you can just go to the resort and look around.

I always like taking my DH grandkids to the Bippity Boppity Boo parlor to get made up, and then having breakfast with Cinderella.

Without saying how old your kids are, I was the “crazy park commando leader” for the kids first trips. They finally said that if I did not slow down they would mutiny. :laugh: Come heck or high water I was going to make sure they did everything over the 8-10 days we were there.

Especially if they are little, remember read there body language and go with what they want to do. Sometimes an afternoon at the pool is they way to go. They might even want to get up late one morning, play at the resort, and be OK to go to a park later in the day. And if they don’t want to stay for fireworks, just go with it and head back to the resort. You will have a much easier time and a good lead into the next day.
If you do stay late for fireworks, scope out a bench if the crowds are long and just relax before hitting the gate for a bus back to the resort. The less they have to stand in line, or you have to hold them in line, will be easier in the long run than fighting the masses to get out first.

Some things we’ve done other than the main parks:

-Stroll along the Boardwalk. Visit the resorts there or just play games, get hairwraps, grab a snack and/or beverage. Kitchen Sink is a good one.
-Ride the monorail and visit each resort for a look around. At 9pm every night the water parade can be viewed from the beaches at Poly, GF, CR. The fireworks are pretty to look at from Poly at 10.
-Rent Searaycers on the lake or surrey bikes on the Boardwalk.
-Miniature golf at WinterSummerland.
-Pool/Beach Movies.
-Animal Watching at AKL.
-Campfire sing-a-long with Chip n Dale at FW.
-Horseback riding or fishing at FW.
-Horse/Carriage rides at POFQ or FW.
-DTD, a LOT to do there. Someone told me there was an item similar to Kitchen Sink at Ghiradelli’s, but haven’t tried it yet. If so it’s on my next list. :happy:
-Boatride to POR/POFQ from DTD for beignets at POFQ.

Go to Gatorland…

:laugh::laugh:

there’s so much to do at WDW, that you can’t do it all in one trip. I would let myself drift along

thanks guys! sorry im kinda new to this website if you couldnt tell. my kids are 4 and 1.stayn at asmusic.all of those sound fun will be there 8 days will try sum of them, thanks!!

What more does a kid need besides rides and characters?

And Gatorland is cool!

The non-charater/ride things we’ve done included:

Bippity Boppity boutique
Pirates League (LOVED IT)
Fireworks Cruise
mini-golf

Relax and enjoy MB - we’re the nicest Disney site on the web.:happy:

We always like Seaworld. I’ve heard a lot of positive things about the activities in Innoventions at Epcot. The Lego Store at the Marketplace is fun!

without trying to sound ugly, You will not get everything done in 4 days with kids that age. You will not run out of stuff to do just in side the 4 parks. Do not worry! You will have so much fun wiht kids that age that it will not matter.

Have fun on your trip!

[QUOTE=hanwill;1112728]without trying to sound ugly, You will not get everything done in 4 days with kids that age. You will not run out of stuff to do just in side the 4 parks. Do not worry! You will have so much fun wiht kids that age that it will not matter.

Have fun on your trip![/QUOTE]

and just as important:

DON’T TRY TO DO EVERYTHING.

That is a sure fire recipe for Disney trip disaster dessert of Unhappiest Place On Earth pie.

I have to agree with Tigger and Hanwill - at your kids’ ages, it’s important to realize that you aren’t going to get everything done. Don’t stress. Enjoy what you get done and save the rest for another trip.

Again with Gatorland?
This is the second thread I’ve seen it mentioned today.

On the other hand, Gatorland should serve as a reminder of what made Walt decide to develop Disneyland in the first place. And it is a gen-you-ine piece of Florida kitsch history:laugh:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1112763]Again with Gatorland?
This is the second thread I’ve seen it mentioned today.

On the other hand, Gatorland should serve as a reminder of what made Walt decide to develop Disneyland in the first place. And it is a gen-you-ine piece of Florida kitsch history:laugh:[/QUOTE]

Why are you so negative about Gatorland? Is it because of the lack of fireworks?

[QUOTE=tigger;1112731]and just as important:

DON’T TRY TO DO EVERYTHING.

That is a sure fire recipe for Disney trip disaster dessert of Unhappiest Place On Earth pie.[/QUOTE]

THESE ARE THE TRUEST WORDS EVER UTTERED!!
We made that mistake on our 1st trip & by the time we came home I was adamant that we would NEVER go back. Thankfully my DH was very persistent & I really wised up (thanks to MB :wub:) about the importance of planning. That being said, we are very realistic & talk a lot ahead of time about what are “must-do” items & what we can skip. We also plan for some down time. Each year we also try to do at least a couple of “off the beaten path” or “best kept secret” activities. On our last trip it was the Chip & Dale Sing Along & Campfire at Ft. Wilderness- we LOVED it!! :wub: We packed smores supplies & enjoyed the sing along, the campfire & the movie. One of the best memories from all of our WDW trips!