Garden Grill?

Even though we are less than 50 days away, I am still tinkering with ADRS for my late June/early July trip. I had booked Coral Reef for one of our nights but I’ve been seeing a ton of bad reviews lately so I got nervous.

I’ve been considering trying the Garden Grill. I’ve never tried it so that is a plus because I love trying new places. We have two little ones with us this trip (8 and 5) so I know they will like the characters. The rest of us are Disney adults. The food seemed basic enough that it would appeal to everyone but I am still not 100% sold.

Anyone have any opinions about this place? If you are not a fan, do you have any other Epcot area, non-buffet suggestions? We are already doing Via Napoli. We are a party of 12.

[QUOTE=KarenWDWCP;1141878]Even though we are less than 50 days away, I am still tinkering with ADRS for my late June/early July trip. I had booked Coral Reef for one of our nights but I’ve been seeing a ton of bad reviews lately so I got nervous.

I’ve been considering trying the Garden Grill. I’ve never tried it so that is a plus because I love trying new places. We have two little ones with us this trip (8 and 5) so I know they will like the characters. The rest of us are Disney adults. The food seemed basic enough that it would appeal to everyone but I am still not 100% sold.

Anyone have any opinions about this place? If you are not a fan, do you have any other Epcot area, non-buffet suggestions? We are already doing Via Napoli. We are a party of 12.[/QUOTE]

I’ve never eaten at Garden Grill—but our favorite Epcot restaurant is in Morocco—Marrakesh restaurant. We are just 2 adults, however, there are always families there—and they take kids up and teach them belly dancing with the drums. The food menu is great—and there are things like shish k bob that children should like—not spicy. Just a suggestion.

We rarely eat at any resorts themselves when we are at WDW—we don’t leave the park except to go to DTD one night. :slight_smile:

Actually, Marrakesh is on my “maybe” list. LOL I ate there a few trips ago and really liked it which I didn’t expect because I am picky and tend towards simple, non-spicy food. But I had the kebobs and they were great. I really think everyone would like it…I think the challenge is convincing them they’d like it. Ha.

Karen—we have eaten there many times over the years—it’s always available—and we love it. But—like you said, it’s hard to convince other people to try it. I have tried to tell people many times to just give it a try—but they think it’s too “ethnic” for them—their word not mine. I hope that you can come up with a good place to please everyone.

We love Garden Grill. The character interaction is the best on property (for meals). You normally see all the characters more than once. The food is good. The only reason we haven’t been is because they changed the kids menu. Now that DD and DS are starting to venture out more, it’s time to go back!