Garden Grocer vs DVC

We will be visiting in September and want to have some food delivered to the room.
Which is better Garden Grocer or DVC? and why? What do you tip?
We will be there for 10 days so will be spending the $200 min for GG.
We hope to be in the park when they are delivered I know that they will hold them for us. Has any one not been there when they are delivered? How does it work and was it smooth or did it hold up your day?

Let me know what you think
Thanks

Do they come in paper or plastic bags? I have to switch resorts 1/2 way through and want an idea on how to pack them up for the move.

We are DVC members and have only used GardenGrocer once so far. For a $60 order we tipped $20 because of gas prices last year, etc.

We were on the Magical Express when they showed up at BLT and they left them for us with the bell desk. We were sent a text message when the groceries had arrived and that we should check with the bell desk once we checked into our room. We went right to our room after check-in to drop off some of our items. Called the bell desk and had our items delivered immediately. All the cold items had been promptly stored for us so they didn’t spoil.

Very smooth operation and we will use them again.

Everything was delivered in paper bags as I recall using the bags for our recyclables.

Why not only have ½ your items delivered to your first room and then the other ½ to the second room? May save you the trouble of moving the groceries and one less thing to worry about.

[QUOTE=mrsmouse;1073375]We are DVC members and have only used GardenGrocer once so far. For a $60 order we tipped $20 because of gas prices last year, etc.

We were on the Magical Express when they showed up at BLT and they left them for us with the bell desk. We were sent a text message when the groceries had arrived and that we should check with the bell desk once we checked into our room. We went right to our room after check-in to drop off some of our items. Called the bell desk and had our items delivered immediately. All the cold items had been promptly stored for us so they didn’t spoil.

Very smooth operation and we will use them again.

Everything was delivered in paper bags as I recall using the bags for our recyclables.

Why not only have ½ your items delivered to your first room and then the other ½ to the second room? May save you the trouble of moving the groceries and one less thing to worry about.[/QUOTE]

Thanks really great information! How did you tip GG if you don’t see them at time of delivery? You end up tipping twice, once for the GG and another for bell services. I think it is worth it.
As far as splitting the order I wouldn’t know how to split it and there isn’t a service charge if you spend more then $200. Not sure if that would really work for us. I was thinking of getting bulk items so it would be easier to get them all at once.
Thanks again

I have not been present for their delivery. WDW held it for me until I called for it. They kept everything that needed to be cold, cold and store the rest. I had no issues with this at all.

Just pack the items up in the bags they sent them in and deliver to bell services. They will deliver them w/ your bags to the second resort. But I do not know what to do about the cold items unless you can arrange to have the second room available immediately after checking out of the first. You might have to ask bell services to keep the cold items and pick them up later.

We’ve order groceries via DVC. Didn’t have to worry about the groceries arriving because everything was in the room when we arrived and checked in. All the non-perishables were sitting on the counter, and the ice cream was in the freezer and milk in the fridge. I definitely would use them again out of shear convenience.

Wow I didn’t know the put them in your room for you I thought that I would have to keep them with bell services and then get them later. I like that idea better.

Our plane gets in at 10am and we will be taking ME but check in isn’t until 4pm what happens to our luggage and groceries? What time should I have the groceries delivered?

[QUOTE=Tinkerbella;1073382]Thanks really great information! How did you tip GG if you don’t see them at time of delivery? You end up tipping twice, once for the GG and another for bell services. I think it is worth it.
As far as splitting the order I wouldn’t know how to split it and there isn’t a service charge if you spend more then $200. Not sure if that would really work for us. I was thinking of getting bulk items so it would be easier to get them all at once.
Thanks again[/QUOTE]

You add the tip when you order on line.

Thanks!

I think I am going to use GG. Sounds like everyone else has had good luck with them and they have lots to offer. The only thing I didn’t find was wine but my brother in law will be visiting us during our trip and I will ask him to pick up some wine on his way.

You may be able to get in your room when you get there. Check in upon arrival. Have the groceries delivered for you expected time at the resort. IF for some reason your room isn’t ready, they (baggage area) will hold your stuff for you and keep everything cold that needs to be.

I have used We Go Shop for our last few trips and have been very happy. They usually bring the bags right to the room and I schedule a 5:00 drop off - so I know the room is ready and it is usually the time we are getting ready for dinner.

I also change hotels at least once per visit. I pack a soft cooler bag and some zip lock baggies. I place all my perishable items in the cooler bag with baggies of ice to make the move from hotel to hotel. I also bring down pre-printed out tags that attach to all my bags that say what hotel they need to be transferred to but I put a bright yellow tag on the cooler bag that says “Please Refridgerate” on it. The bell-people are usually impressed with my organizational skills.

[QUOTE=Pixie Mom;1073437]I have used We Go Shop for our last few trips and have been very happy. They usually bring the bags right to the room and I schedule a 5:00 drop off - so I know the room is ready and it is usually the time we are getting ready for dinner.

I also change hotels at least once per visit. I pack a soft cooler bag and some zip lock baggies. I place all my perishable items in the cooler bag with baggies of ice to make the move from hotel to hotel. I also bring down pre-printed out tags that attach to all my bags that say what hotel they need to be transferred to but I put a bright yellow tag on the cooler bag that says “Please Refridgerate” on it. The bell-people are usually impressed with my organizational skills.[/QUOTE]

You are my hero!! I love this idea too! I will be doing this .I already feel better about the move and groceries.

I’ve also brought a soft sided cooler and moved a few cold things. And even though our cold bag was lost for hours, it was still cold. I had a loose stick of butter in the bag and if he had gotten warm and then just thrown into a freezer for a bit, the butter would have been misshaped. All was fine.

Buying through DVC is good if you are only getting a few things. For an order like you plan to get, DVC prices are really high for most things. A few basic things (eggs, milk, etc) they are not too bad. So going to an outside place sounds like the way to go.

I’ve used DVC many times, everything is delivered to your room and either put on the counter or in the refridgerator (which ever is applicable). We always have the DDP so I only buy beverages and snacks(fruit, chips, cheese and crackers). DVC is a little pricy, if I was going to be shoping for a 10 day stay, I would shop around for the best price.