Gather 'round

How do I start?
“It was the best of times; it was the worst of times…? No.
“It was a dark and stormy night …” eh, too corny
“Once upon a time …” Already used

I’ll just tell it like it was. It was cold when we left.

Saturday started with Grumpiness infused with Giddiness; 7 adults miserable about a 90 minute drive in an early, cold December morning knowing sunshine and good times wait at the other end.

We checked our bags and walked to the terminal to find our plane was boarding. So, no wait there - which is a good thing when anticipation keeps you waiting.

Check-in at Old Key West was a drag. They put the girls (in a studio) in a separate building, across the parking lot. I understand I couldn’t snag a Grand Villa, but I asked – repeatedly as this trip was planned – for the rooms to be close. No amount of talking, begging nor beating w/blunt objects could change things.

The girls room was ready so we dropped off our bags and heading to the Magic Kingdom.

Oh I am so excited to read this report. What a bummer about them not moving the girls. I was not impressed at all with OKW or the staff there either. They were not very helpful. But, I digress and please, on with the report!

By the time we were in the park, we were hungry. So we meandered over to Pecos Bill’s for a Counter Service (CS). We used the dining plan which is made for families like ours. The money we saved was substantial. A good meal and then - time for some PoC.

When we went as a family in 2006, PoC was closed for refurbishment. So this was the first time most of the gang saw the new – Johnny (I wish I were Boss-Mouse) Depp.

You have seen it – it rocks. I delighted in hearing the mini mice “owww” and “ahhh”.

From there I selfishly guided the gang to the Haunted Mansion. I had not seen the new one. WOW. Wow. I can say no more. (golf claps for Disney).

Ok so I need some input; as we were in line, I ask the CM- “Hey – is there a DEAD END up here?”

I thought it was a great line – the CM laughed. My family? Heckled and jeckled.
A minute or so later, the CM tapped me on the shoulder and said “This one is for you – then announced – ‘Please move up and fill in all of the dead space’.”

Dang Ivank-er, you interrupted him. I have been patiently waiting for this report :angel:

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;916585]From there I selfishly guided the gang to the Haunted Mansion. I had not seen the new one. WOW. Wow. I can say no more. (golf claps for Disney).

Ok so I need some input; as we were in line, I ask the CM- “Hey – is there a DEAD END up here?”

I thought it was a great line – the CM laughed. My family? Heckled and jeckled.
A minute or so later, the CM tapped me on the shoulder and said “This one is for you – then announced – ‘Please move up and fill in all of the dead space’.”[/QUOTE]

yes, yes, very funny - both lines. Very funny. Proceeeeeeed :frostyang

[QUOTE=Dopey;916587]yes, yes, very funny - both lines. Very funny. Proceeeeeeed :frostyang[/QUOTE]

Umm excuuuse me, but now you are interrupting.:whistling

That is very funny, though, what the CM said. Clever, just like you Boss.:biggrin:

Being worn and tired and the titanium over heated, we went back to the rooms for R&R.

Ok –so I’m bringing the bags from the girl’s room over and I see a CM leaving our room (after dropping off the groceries). I meet him at the elevator, and as it opens I say: “Hey! Did I just see you leaving my wife’s room?” “ Don’t try some lame ‘I was making a delivery story’.”

(oh this was GrrrrrrEAT)

The kid started to stammer. I held back a giggle and asked “Well, did she at least tip you well?” He was STILL stammering until I started laughing.

C’mon - That was funny stuff.

What, are you a commedian now or a trip report writer. Get on with it…please

Funny, that was funny too.

Pahahahaha!!! You are too much.

[QUOTE=Dopey;916592]What, are you a commedian now or a trip report writer. Get on with it…please

Funny, that was funny too.[/QUOTE]

Sweet heart, I’m telling the story, what happened & how it happened. That was part of my story. Shhhh… sit back, wait for it…

Being 0-for-1 with ‘Meet and Greets’ - I knew I needed to be on time to meet the gang at Spoodles. I rolled over to the Boardwalk and enjoyed the great company of fellow MB’rs.

Thank you, Tigger and Sg, for pulling us together. Thank you, David, for the cool yule CD.

I jetted from there to meet the center of my universe for a drink in England. I had on my Phillies (Baseball World Champions) Jersey (w/my name on it).

A nice girl taps me on the shoulder and asks who I am - that they (her family) are from Philly, but have not heard of me.

<giggles here> I didn’t miss a beat - I told her, I catch for the bull pen, no one really knows me. Her husband buys me a beer.

I am a god.

I join Den at the table we are sharing - just in time for the knucklehead we are sitting with, to spill his beer on us.

I figure – time to go to Germany. It was cool and they have the hot spiced wine. (I need that recipe.) At the young man’s suggestion, we get one each and strolled back to the bus area.

End of day one.

Good night kids. More tomorrow.
I got ton of photos - not the qualtity of R2G & Co. - but he is teaching me;
But a lot, none the less.

[I]It was a HOOT![/I]

Tell 'em Deb - I couldn’t shut up. Oh wait - you already did.

What do you mean you need that recipe? I sent it to you. Go check your email :wink:

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;916589]Being worn and tired and the titanium over heated, we went back to the rooms for R&R.

Ok –so I’m bringing the bags from the girl’s room over and I see a CM leaving our room (after dropping off the groceries). I meet him at the elevator, and as it opens I say: “Hey! Did I just see you leaving my wife’s room?” “ Don’t try some lame ‘I was making a delivery story’.”

(oh this was GrrrrrrEAT)[/QUOTE]

That poor kid…you should have given him a huge tip after scaring him like that:tongue:

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;916584]By the time we were in the park, we were hungry. So we meandered over to Pecos Bill’s for a Counter Service (CS). We used the dining plan which is made for families like ours. The money we saved was substantial. A good meal and then - time for some PoC.

When we went as a family in 2006, PoC was closed for refurbishment. So this was the first time most of the gang saw the new – Johnny (I wish I were Boss-Mouse) Depp.

You have seen it – it rocks. I delighted in hearing the mini mice “owww” and “ahhh”.[/QUOTE]

Umm… I call dibs on the guy top right. :ninja:

[QUOTE=Kippage;916636]Umm… I call dibs on the guy top right. :ninja:[/QUOTE]

He’s too young for you :tongue: