Gay Days June 4-7

Not looking for discussion. Just wanted to make an FYI for those that did or did not know.

We will be there the same week. Have a great trip.

My birthday’s a week after, but then again, how different are Gay Days from a night on South Beach? Seriously!

No Pirates? No, that ain’t it.
No Dumbos? Nope South Beach has them, too.
Witches, Fairies, Castles?

I give up, Doug. How are they different?

I think I’m going to hang around to see where this goes…:laugh:

RIGHT :eek::laugh:

You and me both.

OK, I have to ask. Gay Days?? Is that an event Disney puts on like the Flower Show or Star Wars? Or is it the gay community decides that is when to go?

No, not a Disney event, just a time which has become traditional for the Gay Community to visit WDW.

Me too…my forums have been a hotbed lately.:laugh::laugh:

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1024372]No Pirates? No, that ain’t it.
No Dumbos? Nope South Beach has them, too.
Witches, Fairies, Castles?

I give up, Doug. How are they different?[/QUOTE]

That’s the point, they’re no different.

(Pirates of a specific variety:eek:, and fairies, and bears:ohmy:Oh My!)

Sit back and watch (cracks his knuckles and rolls head from side to side)
The ride could get bumpy:goofybounce:

The dates might be coincidental or they might not.
June 28 is the anniversary of the Stonewall riots (1969), a major event at the beginnings of the gay liberation movement.
The first gay pride parades taking place one year later.

Stonewall riots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You decide if it’s that or the weather’s nice and schools haven’t let out nationwide yet.

It is not a Disney event. There is an actual website (gaydays.com, I believe) where activities are planned and some travel services for the gay community. Some of the trips are incredibly cool-sounding – I have always wanted to try Discovery Cove, and going with a bunch of friends would be really fun, for instance!
This year, the Gay Days WDW trip headquarters is at the Doubletree, I believe, and there is an itinerary planned for the week, with trips to each park and an after hours party at Typhoon Lagoon, which sounds like it will be the party of the year, with a DJ and so forth until the wee hours.

So a group can rent the whole water park? That’s my kind of pool party! :laugh:
Sorry for the threadjack :blush:

That’s not a threadjack… you’ll have to mention pancakes, tricycles or enchiladas or something like that to really jack the thread! LOL

And yes, you can rent out a whole park, part of a park, basically anything you like after hours. Bring LOTS of money.

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1024424]That’s not a threadjack… you’ll have to mention pancakes, tricycles or enchiladas or something like that to really jack the thread! LOL

And yes, you can rent out a whole park, part of a park, basically anything you like after hours. Bring LOTS of money.[/QUOTE]

I remember in December that the Streets of America were closed for a private party. I would really like to know how much renting a park or part of a park cost? I’m planning my birthday party for when I’m a billionaire!!!:happy:

June 4th - 7th…I for some reason thought it was later on in June. I have my entire team at work convinced it is the week they are there…oh well. Guess it will be less crowed when they are there…no matter either way,.

I really need to be at this party! :laugh:

There’s this fabulous Disney wedding where the bride and groom rented out the castle and carousel. They had their wedding in front of the castle, and then their reception in the little plaza area by the carousel after the park closed. Looks absolutely fabulous…

Planning

Completely crazy!

Sorry for being off-topic!!!