GCV Valet Parking

I know this was a hot topic not long ago here because it used to be free to park for DVC members and now it isn’t.

Well, I just checked into GCV and was informed that valet parking is $17. Armed with the info from this valuable website I said “Why, don’t you mean $12 since I’m a DVC member?”

She replied “No, everyone pays the same.”

Not a rude CM by any standards, just not really magical.

I’m interested in what ya’ll think of this.

between this and the whole annual dues seeming to go up yearly, i am seriously thinking my DVC dream is becoming something i really don’t want anymore

The annual dues have always gone up around 3-4% a year, and I didn’t buy DVC for free valet parking, but to lock-in a great price on great accomodations.

It’s not a “make or break” issue for me. When I come to a Disney property I expect to pay way too much for service and an experience I can’t seem to find anywhere else.

I just wish I had the 17 bucks so I could buy two churros and a Coke…lol

[QUOTE=evansfmly5;1005571]I know this was a hot topic not long ago here because it used to be free to park for DVC members and now it isn’t.

Well, I just checked into GCV and was informed that valet parking is $17. Armed with the info from this valuable website I said “Why, don’t you mean $12 since I’m a DVC member?”

She replied “No, everyone pays the same.”

Not a rude CM by any standards, just not really magical.

I’m interested in what ya’ll think of this.[/QUOTE]

I find this interesting, 'cause I stopped to see the model house at Disneyland. I was told valet parking was free… :pirate:

Well, if it was supposed to be, I got gipped. I made it very clear to the CM that i was a DVC member in good standing and she said “No sir, everyone pays 17 a night.”

Another perk QUIETLY slipped into history. At least is would have if DVC management had it’s way. It was MEMBERS who pointed it out. Yet MONTHS later it’s still in the PERKS booklet at check in…“free valet parking at…and BLT starting 8/4/2009.”

Got to love the logic with DVC. The official story was it was to keep cost down for members as only a few members used it. Yet, there are spending money to build a new onsite airline check in location at Old Key West. Only a few DVC members use the onsite check in.

I know that it cost DVC something, but I’m sure that it was WAY below $12 per night. They should at least offer DISCOUNT valet for DVC members IMHO.

At the Annual Meeting, Jim Lewis stated that valet parking was provided free of charge by the valet company, so it didn’t cost anything to offer this perk.

He also said they are looking into offering a valet parking discount for DVC members (maybe it will only cost us $11.50? :laugh:)

[QUOTE=DVC Mike;1008857]At the Annual Meeting, Jim Lewis stated that valet parking was provided free of charge by the valet company, so it didn’t cost anything to offer this perk.

He also said they are looking into offering a valet parking discount for DVC members (maybe it will only cost us $11.50? :laugh:)[/QUOTE]

The official response was it was a cost savings to help keep dues down, considering only a few members used the perk. So it sounds like they lied to us then. Interesting.