General Deluxe Resort Questions + a Poly Question!

General:

I can’t remember exactly what is supplied by the hotel in the bathroom. I know it is H20+ stuff but is it both Shampoo and conditioner? Body lotion? Body wash or a bar of soap? Face Wash? Anything else?

I’m hanging out over at AllEars and reading resort reviews and I am reading for the first time how everyone is “leaving the door” open on the fridge b/c that keeps drinks cooler longer. How is this possible?

Poly Question:

Sounds like everyone likes Tokelau Longhouse. Does anyone disagree with that location?

Is the transportation REALLY that good at Poly? It seems as if no one has a problem and one reviewer said that taking the bus to EPCOT is just as easy and quick as taking the monorail from TTC.

Thanks MBers!

Lisa

We stayed the Poly. at the end of May, and the following was provided: shampoo, conditioner, facial & body soap bars, and lotion. It helps keep the fridge cool to leave the cabinet doors ajar to allow the air to circulate around the fridge. The actual fridge door needs to stay closed.

We stayed in the Tahiti longhouse and loved it. I’m sure Tokelau is great as well. We walked to the TTC to get to Epcot, as we weren’t excited about using the bus service to anywhere! You just never know when a bus will get there, and the Poly. shares buses with the Contemporary. That being said, I can’t really compare times. We loved the monorail’s convenience.

Never stayed in Tokelau but I’m sure its grand; I’ved stayed in Tahiti, Hawaii, Fiji and Rarotonga. My favorite in Tahiti because its more quite and an easy walk to the TTP. For young kids, Rarotonga was terrific because it is right next to the Great Ceremonial House and the pool is very close as well. No matter which long house you stay in, you will love it!

The H2O products are usually shampoo, conditioner, body wash, a skin lotion, and a round bar of soap.

I have NOOOO clue what in the world people are referring to about leaving the fridge open. We keep a lot of water & poweraides in our fridge [door CLOSED] & they are always freezing.

We haven’t stayed at the Poly but we eat there every trip & are often taking the buses afterwards to go to a park or DtD. We’ve noticed in the past that the buses seem a bit slow & I hate shared buses, I believe they share with the Contemp. Anyway, you have a boat to the MK & the monorail to eleviate that.

We stayed at Aoteara (sp?) which was supposedly the farthest walk to the TTC. At first, i was disappointed, but it is really close to the Great Ceremonial House, and the Marina, and the pool. The transportation was great. We walked to the TTC (10 minute walk), but rode the monorail back at night. it was great. One day we did wait for a bus for like 15 minutes at an off time to go to the HS, and my Dad said something about us having to wait. I reminded him that we were not having to wait forever at every place that we went, and that seemed a long time because of the speed of the monorail. It is all relative, but I would HIGHLY recommend it if you can swing it. It makes you want to stick around your hotel more- and I am a all day at the parks kind of girl… Transportation was FABULOUS!

It isn’t. Is it easier to cool the little fridge and hold the temperature, or cool your entire room? Or as my Dad used to say “are you trying to cool off the whole house?”

OMG that is what my mom said and that went through my mind too!

Lisa

Ummmmm…the fridge door open? Wow there’s a waste of energy. Let’s all think a little more green.

:mickey:I am sure they are talking about the cabinet door over the outside of the refrigerator. You know the one that hides it… If you keep that open, the coils on the back of the frige won’t have to work as hard and the heat from the compressor will dissipate.:mickey:

Depending on which resort tier you stay at and then if you’re club level or not, you don’t see all of the toiletries.
The full group is shampoo, conditioner, lotion, shower gel, solar relief gel, and mouthwash.
I’ve never seen solar relief gel outside of club level and only seen shower gel in deluxe resorts.
I guess you can call Mousekeeping and ask for something that’s not in your room once you’re on property.
I’m not sure where we’ve gotten mouthwash and where we haven’t.

Man I wish I had known about the cabinet door thing. Our fridge never did fully cool off last July. Glad I know now though! I stayed at POFQ last yr and my mousekeeper must have been worse than I thought, because I never had any bath stuff.

I’ve never had a problem with in room fridges being too warm. Usually mine are too cold and go right to freeze. I’d say their temps have been right around 33F/0C. With the cabinet door closed.

[QUOTE=lisalovesmickey;976736]
Is the transportation REALLY that good at Poly? It seems as if no one has a problem and one reviewer said that taking the bus to EPCOT is just as easy and quick as taking the monorail from TTC.

Thanks MBers!

Lisa[/QUOTE]Um, that “reviewer” was confused … there is no such thing as a bus from Polynesian to Epcot. It is simply not an option because it doesn’t exist. None of the 3 monorail resorts has bus service to Epcot.

I think they do–at least there used to be a bus from the Poly to Epcot.

This link shows it’s a 19 minute trip: OLP: Transportation Wizard – Our Laughing Place home of OLPTravel

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;978868]I think they do–at least there used to be a bus from the Poly to Epcot.

This link shows it’s a 19 minute trip: OLP: Transportation Wizard – Our Laughing Place home of OLPTravel[/QUOTE]
Ahhhh, which brings me to another point. Whenever someone refers to that site, I warn very strongly that the site is, sadly, very outdated and can’t be relied upon anymore.

Seriously, trust me on this one, no Epcot bus from any of the monorail resorts. Let’s please let that rumor die.:nuke: :laugh:

Disney geek and helpful message board person that I am, I actually took a photo of the bus stop sign at Polynesian in February 2009, for just such an emergency.

I wish I could post it here on this forum. If I can figure out how to host it somewhere, I’ll post a link to it. It clearly shows that Poly has bus transportation to DHS, AK, DTD and the waterparks, but MK and Epcot are absent.

If anyone can help me figure out how to post a photo here or how to put the photo somewhere else and post a link to it here, please let me know.

I don’t know everything, and I’m not always right, but I’m 100% certain I’m right about this. No bus from Polynesian to Epcot. Case closed.

I really wish OLP would update their site (which used to be very helpful) so I don’t have to go around looking like Mr. Negative or Mr. I Told You So … but I’ll gladly wear those hats if it means I can help some people enjoy their vacations more.:cool:

[QUOTE=CleveRocks;978878]Disney geek and helpful message board person that I am, I actually took a photo of the bus stop sign at Polynesian in February 2009, for just such an emergency.

I wish I could post it here on this forum. If I can figure out how to host it somewhere, I’ll post a link to it. It clearly shows that Poly has bus transportation to DHS, AK, DTD and the waterparks, but MK and Epcot are absent.

If anyone can help me figure out how to post a photo here or how to put the photo somewhere else and post a link to it here, please let me know.

I don’t know everything, and I’m not always right, but I’m 100% certain I’m right about this. No bus from Polynesian to Epcot. Case closed.

I really wish OLP would update their site (which used to be very helpful) so I don’t have to go around looking like Mr. Negative or Mr. I Told You So … but I’ll gladly wear those hats if it means I can help some people enjoy their vacations more.:cool:[/QUOTE]

Ok, sorry. I didn’t mean to upset you. Case closed.

Not upset.:laugh:

Not upset at all. Just confident.:cool:

Just trying to convince the masses not to rely on OLP’s site. Sad that that’s the case, but necessary. Sometimes I feel like I have to shout from the rooftops … otherwise, why should anyone trust some stranger from New Jersey over a fully-formed professional website run by a travel agency???:ohmy:

Plus, I guess I’ll just need to use more smilies to make sure it doesn’t look like I’m upset. Not emotional about it at all. Just like to help, and I hate see people rely on info that could result in a less-than-magical Disney vacation. :wub::mickey::smile::flowers::angel:

[QUOTE=CleveRocks;978884]Not upset.:laugh:

Not upset at all. Just confident.:cool:

Just trying to convince the masses not to rely on OLP’s site. Sad that that’s the case, but necessary. Sometimes I feel like I have to shout from the rooftops … otherwise, why should anyone trust some stranger from New Jersey over a fully-formed professional website run by a travel agency???:ohmy:

Plus, I guess I’ll just need to use more smilies to make sure it doesn’t look like I’m upset. Not emotional about it at all. Just like to help, and I hate see people rely on info that could result in a less-than-magical Disney vacation. :wub::mickey::smile::flowers::angel:[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear that. It just sounds/looks like you’re either yelling or upset about something when you bold and underline things.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;978885]Glad to hear that. It just sounds/looks like you’re either yelling or upset about something when you bold and under line things.[/QUOTE]Sorry about that. I always thought ALL CAPS was yelling. I tend to underline/bold to make short but important “sound bites” stand out, so my unfortunate wordiness doesn’t camoflage the truly important info.:eek:

THANKS!