Get the most out of your snack options

This will be our first time using the dining plan. What are your best “bang for the buck” favorites for using your snack options.?

All the ice cream treats are great! You seem to get your money’s worth with them.

We are always so full tho we tend to use ours for drinks! We are usually there in warmer months so we usually need alot of drinks and use ours that way a lot.

I think, however you use them, as long as you are satisfied, you will feel like you got a deal!

[QUOTE=inluvwithdisney;946313]All the ice cream treats are great! You seem to get your money’s worth with them.

We are always so full tho we tend to use ours for drinks! We are usually there in warmer months so we usually need alot of drinks and use ours that way a lot.

I think, however you use them, as long as you are satisfied, you will feel like you got a deal![/QUOTE]

I have to agree. We love to use them on ice cream. We also like to get popcorn before a show like beauty and the beast or Indiana Jones. We don’t use them for drinks too often because we are H2O drinkers, we have two cases in our room and fill a bag.
You are going to love the DP. I hope you have good ADRs.

To get the most out of our snacks we use them any way we want no matter what the price of the item. If my son wants popcorn and a drink then that’s a good use. If I’m ‘dying’ for an icy bottle of water then that’s a good use.

I decided early on not to add stress to our trips by trying to get the most out of a dining credits. If I wanted the cheapest meal on the menu because it sounded good then that’s what I got. Use those credits any way you want, it’s still going to be a good deal.

We go to the Main Street Bakery and get thier desserts. It is the only time we get to fill our sweet tooth. They have great sweet items. Popcorn is another great idea.

I read on another post that you can use your snack at Goofys Candy Shop at DT.

We often end up using them for popcorn and drinks. We did use them as breakfast a couple of times and got a cinnamon bun or other pastry and used our refillable mugs for coffee/tea.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;946317]To get the most out of our snacks we use them any way we want no matter what the price of the item. If my son wants popcorn and a drink then that’s a good use. If I’m ‘dying’ for an icy bottle of water then that’s a good use.

I decided early on not to add stress to our trips by trying to get the most out of a dining credits. If I wanted the cheapest meal on the menu because it sounded good then that’s what I got. Use those credits any way you want, it’s still going to be a good deal.[/QUOTE]

My sentiments exactly. :happy:

My favorite uses are at Sleepy Hollow in MK.

“Tink” Icies (watermelon and sour apple mixed together) and funnel cake . . . YUM!! The warm fresh chocolate chip cookies with the icecream in the middle is YUMMY too! :wub:

I never use snack credits for water, I always use cash, don’t know why? Cuz in the end $ is $ right? :laugh:

OoOO, I love this topic! :laugh: I am a snack monster & I rarely EVER use them for drinks b/c I always keep a bottle of water in my purse. These are some of my FAVORITE options.

• Mickey bars
  • popcorn
  • a pastry like a cheese danish or muffin, small piece of cake, etc… (bakery on Main Street, the Kringla or Sunshine Seasons in EPCOT, Starring Rolls in MGM)
  • You can get some fruit from one of the fruit carts; I love the pickles or pineapple spears
  • a side of fries!!! At either Casey’s on Main Street or even the ‘Fish n’ Chips’ place in EPCOT
  • soft serve ice cream
  • a soft pretzel from Germany
  • small chocolate crepe from France
  • DtD in Goofy’s Candy shop, they have lots of awesome goodies to use your snack option on!

We always use our snack credits for breakfast at the resort. A danish, banana, juice, whatever we feel like at that time and we use our refilable mug for coffee. We usually aren’t hungry for snacks between meals through the day. There is a lot to eat at Disney!!

I agree, it’s GREAT for a quick breakfast!

We used ours last time mostly for breakfasts and Dole Whip. It worked great for us since we both needed a little something to get our day started but not a full breakfast. We also used 1 for Schoolhouse Bread at Norway. SOOOO good and definitely worth a snack credit! Kringla (sp?) at Norway in general has awesome options and large portions for snack credits. It’s a great way to spend 1 credit and have plenty for 2 people. They’re good for wine and some food at the F&W Festival too.

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;946337]OoOO, I love this topic! :laugh: I am a snack monster & I rarely EVER use them for drinks b/c I always keep a bottle of water in my purse. These are some of my FAVORITE options.

• Mickey bars
  • popcorn
  • a pastry like a cheese danish or muffin, small piece of cake, etc… (bakery on Main Street, the Kringla or Sunshine Seasons in EPCOT, Starring Rolls in MGM)
  • You can get some fruit from one of the fruit carts; I love the pickles or pineapple spears
  • a side of fries!!! At either Casey’s on Main Street or even the ‘Fish n’ Chips’ place in EPCOT
  • soft serve ice cream
  • a soft pretzel from Germany
  • small chocolate crepe from France
  • DtD in Goofy’s Candy shop, they have lots of awesome goodies to use your snack option on![/QUOTE]

Oh and those yummy sweet cream cheese filled pretzels at Scuttles landing in MK by Ariel’s Grotto . . . deelish! :wub:

my fave use so far in addition to some that have already been mentioned:

in AK: go to Yak & Yeti, get a small (it’'s not small) fried rice…soooo yummy, it was big enough to feed DH, DD & me for a good snack.

Lemonade Icie! Especially on a hot day.

My sentiments are not to worry about them. Eat when you want to eat and if you have extras use them for individually wrapped things like cookies and rice krispie treats to take home.

I love to use ours for the choc covered marshmellows with m&ms with the Mickey straw from goofys candy shop

we love to find new things to use our snack credits in Disney, it’s become kind of a game! Who can get the best snack :laugh: we love the bakery in France or on Main Street, Goofy’s Candy Shop in DTD, the ice cream shop for sundaes, Mmmm, this is making me hungry!

Oh, just thought of another one…warm beingets from the bakery at POFQ, and there is plenty to share!! Yummy!